Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 624 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be wrong, but I believe some of the very early ride concepts involved having a canopy of sorts over the lagoon. I don't know how logistically/monetarily feasible it would be, though.

You mean the below with atrium? Or something else?
upload_2019-7-8_19-22-21.png

I'm truly excited to see what they can do in Orlando!

You mean the below with atrium? Or something else?
View attachment 10100

I'm truly excited to see what they can do in Orlando!

This piece of early concept art sure makes it look like there's glass (or some sort of structure) covering some of the lagoon...
jurassic-park-the-ride-concept-art.jpg

Things I’d change in Jurassic World when bringing to Orlando:

-Leave our ultrasaur Lagoon. Just update the AA’s. We don’t have the horrible sight line issues like Hollywood had.

-Put the mosasaur in Predator Cove, have it in the straightaway before you go up the lift hill into the T-Rex area. Would make more sense when the mosasaur breaks the glass. Would have to be smaller but would go along with the story better.

I like it.

I feel like having an Aviary would be great too.

Honestly though, just changing the colors and refreshing the AAs and giving us good AA's right at the drop would give this ride more than enough life.

Here now and the ride is currently closed but there’s a huge amount of people waiting by the gate. I’m excited to finally ride!

Edit: Just got off! Love it! Videos don’t do it justice. I asked the person at the front if single riders was open and they said no but I went in the single rider line anyway and only waited one minute. There’s a cut through the trees. The workers loading apparently aren’t aware if single is open or not so I suggest trying it anyway even if they say it’s closed. The dead zone isn’t as dead in person like videos have shown. It will be nice if they add something to it but there’s still a lot of audio and different things happening. I just got off my 3rd ride by continuously going into single.

This piece of early concept art sure makes it look like there's glass (or some sort of structure) covering some of the lagoon...
jurassic-park-the-ride-concept-art.jpg

Yeah this is ideally what hollywood could have implemented to take care of sightlines and also control the elements better. Maybe Orlando will get it?

Reactions: therock
With the annual refurb in January that is when I would expect it to go down for any changes.
Maybe, or it could be refurbed in January and run till after next summer. I've noticed that maintenance schdules are not necessarily telling of when/if an attraction is going to be demoed or redone.

Unless they want to do a big grand re-opening of JW land with the new coaster. Then maybe a post-spring break closing and having everything do softs in early 2021 for a spring grand opening.

Unless they want to do a big grand re-opening of JW land with the new coaster. Then maybe a post-spring break closing and having everything do softs in early 2021 for a spring grand opening.
I feel like they'll do more of a phased switch over so as to disturb capacity as little as possible...They are still technically down a coaster

I feel like they'll do more of a phased switch over so as to disturb capacity as little as possible...They are still technically down a coaster

That would mean they couldn't close JP until the new coaster is open which I don't think has any chance of happening. At some point they'll have to have neither open if they are going to do this. Once they get all of Hagrid's issues sorted they could take down JP at any time.

Reactions: Andysol
That would mean they couldn't close JP until the new coaster is open which I don't think has any chance of happening. At some point they'll have to have neither open if they are going to do this. Once they get all of Hagrid's issues sorted they could take down JP at any time.
Yes, they certainly will....I assume they are going to try to delay as much as possible so as not to disturb capacity. However, I'm sure they want this all open by the time the new movie comes out...Which would mean both being closed at some point

Yes, they certainly will....I assume they are going to try to delay as much as possible so as not to disturb capacity. However, I'm sure they want this all open by the time the new movie comes out...Which would mean both being closed at some point
I recall when they were supposed to close it down at the end of last summer, and then changed course. So you just never know what Universal will do. They're kind of like a fickle person, always changing their mind. :lol:

Supposedly a water main was damaged during construction and Jurassic Park River Adventure isn't opening with the park as a result. Anyone there, let us know what you see. May affect the restaurants as well, but won't know for sure until lunch time.

Status
Not open for further replies.