Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disneyland)

It will be interesting to see if the two "pretty expensive experiences", light sabers and robots, still sell well after a year or so. A lot of the land's allure is predicated on those two kind of 'elite' experiences. My personal opinion is that sales will drop significantly once the initial rush of crazed fans buy them at those prices.
At worst, if the demand diminishes to the level of banshee sales, they could transform Savi's into more of an Olivanders type of actual show and just sell the $200 sabers in a smaller area somewhere for those that are willing to shell out the cash.

That would actually be for the betterment of the land imo.

At worst, if the demand diminishes to the level of banshee sales, they could transform Savi's into more of an Olivanders type of actual show and just sell the $200 sabers in a smaller area somewhere for those that are willing to shell out the cash.

That would actually be for the betterment of the land imo.
Probably a better chance of that happening than the present situation lasting past a year or so.

Visited again today. On a hot day shade is definitely an issue. People were plopped down wherever they could find some. A family was camped out on the floor in the droid depot.

Tried single rider for the first time On SR. 60 min standby = 30 min single rider. Got gunner for the first time and it is my least favorite position. Just button mashing is no fun. Pilots were 1st timers so we crashed a lot and engineers didn’t touch one button and really didn’t get the concept of participating in the ride. Still a fun ride and do it each visit.

Also from the why we can’t have nice things department: some spilled their space popcorn (forgot the real name) all over the Falcon waiting area.

Visited again today. On a hot day shade is definitely an issue. People were plopped down wherever they could find some. A family was camped out on the floor in the droid depot.

Tried single rider for the first time On SR. 60 min standby = 30 min single rider. Got gunner for the first time and it is my least favorite position. Just button mashing is no fun. Pilots were 1st timers so we crashed a lot and engineers didn’t touch one button and really didn’t get the concept of participating in the ride. Still a fun ride and do it each visit.

Also from the why we can’t have nice things department: some spilled their space popcorn (forgot the real name) all over the Falcon waiting area.

Is a good chunk of the Falcon queue not air conditioned?

One more reason FL and CA aren't the same

Space Popcorn? I think we found the issue with GE

If I was into conspiracies, I would say it's to get people spending on more on drink and to get them indoors into the shops.
That makes too much sense

I think it could be a site line thing, or just an overlooked thing. I mean, if you view a model in an air conditioned room for months and months it might look great, but you aren't factoring in rain, beating sun, etc.

Sorry (but not sorry) to bring it up again, but when a new land is struggling, its very valid to bring up criticisms like their not being anything from the original trilogy. Heck, its a bit of a turn off for me. The Last Jedi ruined Star Wars for some people, opening a land based solely on this new trilogy was a major risk, along with this being a location not in the films, and with the early no attendance, and it is early, but it may be showing that this risk isn't going to pay off in the long run like they had hoped for. Lets see how this does once Rise opens but id be freaking out if I were Disney atm.

Which is madness. I understand it's meant to be Andy's backyard but to not have a toy store in Toy Story Land seems very un-Disney like.
No no, they rethemed that closet into a shop

Sorry (but not sorry) to bring it up again, but when a new land is struggling, its very valid to bring up criticisms like their not being anything from the original trilogy. Heck, its a bit of a turn off for me. The Last Jedi ruined Star Wars for some people, opening a land based solely on this new trilogy was a major risk, along with this being a location not in the films, and with the early no attendance, and it is early, but it may be showing that this risk isn't going to pay off in the long run like they had hoped for. Lets see how this does once Rise opens but id be freaking out if I were Disney atm.
Real talk, which one has a stronger pull with people, a ride based on the Millenium Falcon or a ride devoted to the new franchise with the beige filler characters that get overshadowed by the original crew?

I think they've already lost

No no, they rethemed that closet into a shop

Real talk, which one has a stronger pull with people, a ride based on the Millenium Falcon or a ride devoted to the new franchise with the beige filler characters that get overshadowed by the original crew?

I think they've already lost

Fair but ignoring what made Star Wars Star Wars is an almost unforgivable mistake lol. There just isn't much connection to it or the land itself which from videos I've seen seems to be my issue. hard to take it in when I haven't been there but thats always been my issue is I don't feel a ton of a connection to the land other than of course the Falcon and Cantina. Ah well. Lets be real, Disney will get us all to visit it at least once. After that might be a different story though.

Yes, totally, it’s possible to make the land original trilogy themed when a pretty good amount of the cast isn’t particularly young anymore. It’s much more likely to have elements of the original trilogy (Chewie, so on).

For the record, the weakest part of the sequel trilogy is the whole trying to be nostalgic to the fans of the original trilogy. I don’t care about Luke Skywalker or Han Solo.

There are VERY few Star Wars fans out there who would say they don't care about Luke or Han. Fine if thats your opinion but I can tell ya thats not how most people think.
Can people stop doing this ??? You can’t speak for everybody especially the young generation who may have no attachment to the characters like people who grew up in that time did.