Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

Didn't Conjuring get scrapped 2017? Are the legal issues resolved?

The Conjuring was indeed scrapped in 2017 due to "legal issues".. although between the Neibolt House pop-up on Hollywood and Vine, the "lawsuit" and the fact both It and Conjuring wound up at Horror Made Here in 2017 (I went that year), it could be argued that was the beginning of WB being very stingy and picky with their IPs.. strangely enough, we still had Shining and Freddy vs. Jason at HHN that year, go figure..

WB already seems to have a decent enough relationship with Universal—not just HP, but all the purposed/rumored stuff with LOTR and the third gate in Orlando. It seems like the horror properties are a weird sticking point, probably because they saw an opportunity to orchestrate their own event and started being far less accommodating. Hopefully they didn't burn too many bridges because I agree, Horror Made Here is likely done, and it seems like WB is gonna have to come back hat in hand if they want to stay relevant in these spaces.

In the terms of speculation for PB..I'm thinking something more along the lines of a crew investigating a burial site, and they discover and accidentally open Pandora's Box, with an entire campsite's worth of researchers, excavationists, and explorers and adventurers getting caught in the way of the nightmarish creatures that dwell within it..

Almost of a Mummy in some ways, mind you.

Murdy once mentioned he always wanted to do a maze on the Donner Party. I believe he snuck some of his ideas into Alice Cooper Goes to Hell (I think it was that maze). You could be onto something! Maybe he's finally returning to that idea in full form.

sucks, was the best event last year. The ambiance alone was really special. On HHN talk, I'm really worried about corpses this year. Looking back through the house in 2011, it really was everything that HHN isn't like anymore. Actors weren't confined to one scare or one area of a scene, it was gorier than almost all of the other mazes I've seen in recent years, and there was no area in it where it felt empty.

I mean, look at this stuff,

I mean, as someone who was there, I don't think "actors weren't confined to one scare or one area of a scene" is how I'd describe it. It still felt pretty constricted compared to Knotts mazes. I can't recall actors following you or traveling from scene to scene. It's definitely more fleshed out in terms of scenic compared to mazes of now, I do agree, which is funny considering I thought there was a lot of "dead areas" in the maze where there were long stretches of no scares. To be fair, it was (and probably still is) HHN's longest maze.

I highly urge you look up some other great mazes of the past like Halloween in 2009, even NOES and F13 were amazing in 2010. If you can find it, it's VERY rare, definitely look for TCM from 2007-2008. It was and still is the best maze I've ever been through anywhere.

I'm gonna be honest I definitely think Horror Made Here is done for.

I surely hope not. I think it was awesome. They just needed to get rid of the DJ and work out some of the kinks. The Conjuring experience was the most fun I've had in a long time at one of these events.

The entire event felt different and my whole party had a great time. I was bummed to hear that is wasn't coming back this year, and I'm trying to remain hopeful that we will see it again.

I surely hope not. I think it was awesome. They just needed to get rid of the DJ and work out some of the kinks. The Conjuring experience was the most fun I've had in a long time at one of these events.

The entire event felt different and my whole party had a great time. I was bummed to hear that is wasn't coming back this year, and I'm trying to remain hopeful that we will see it again.

Mostly likely since Warner Bros. isn't fully ready for the HHN events, let alone creeping into the theme park arena. It's such a shame. WB has a great catalog and diversity for their Looney Tunes, the Shining, DC Comics, IT movies, and Conjuring universe, that would have easily be made into class-A theme park attractions and HHN, its just too bad they decided not to get into the theme park business especially the competition between Disney and Universal.

Mostly likely since Warner Bros. isn't fully ready for the HHN events, let alone creeping into the theme park arena. It's such a shame. WB has a great catalog and diversity for their Looney Tunes, the Shining, DC Comics, IT movies, and Conjuring universe, that would have easily be made into class-A theme park attractions and HHN, its just too bad they decided not to get into the theme park business especially the competition between Disney and Universal.

Let's be fair, they did license their stuff to Six Flags. The Warner lot is pretty cramped compared to Uni or Disney, as well.

Let's be fair, they did license their stuff to Six Flags. The Warner lot is pretty cramped compared to Uni or Disney, as well.

It was a little cramped in there for sure. So cramped that you could hear the DJ (again, wildly unnecessary) in between scenes in the houses. I do think if they were able to find a way to spread things out more that event could be a lot more fun and feel way bigger.

It was a little cramped in there for sure. So cramped that you could hear the DJ (again, wildly unnecessary) in between scenes in the houses. I do think if they were able to find a way to spread things out more that event could be a lot more fun and feel way bigger.

I guess Warner wanted to keep the whole thing contained to make logistics easier. Regardless, there really isn't much further Warner can expand, even if they wanted to. The area from last year was butting up against the Soundstages, and there really wasn't much more room to expand between the backlot tour taking up most of the rest of the sets Warner had. It's hard to overstate just how small Warner Backlot is compared to Uni, it's like the entire studio minus the soundstages is about the size of Uni's Terror Tram route. There really isn't much room there, especially if most of it is taken up by the tour of Camp Crystal Lake.

True, but Six Flags as a whole is an amusement park made to thrill guests with roller coasters with little to no theming at all, and the areas they do have with DC Comics cannot compare to Universal and Disney.

There’s no way it’s coming back. They’re building two mazes where loading would be. Besides, I’m pretty sure somewhere on the site, it says Tram will not be returning.
It says that on the HNN spec. Map I didn’t see it on the site.