Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

That article seems to think it will. I’m not so sure.

It could be their phase 2, as the expansion plot is exactly the right shape and size. But they could instead choose a different property that’s more popular in Japan. I’m not sure yet myself.

I'm more concerned with their "Opening Spring 2020" title when there hasn't been any construction for it at all.

Yes....par for their MO....I guess some click bait is needed to pay the gas bill.

I want to at least provide more content than a "LULZ OK" post.

The DK coaster, even in a bare minimum format, would likely be an 18 month long build from ground breaking to opening. As of April 2019 the area for the ride is still untouched pavement and staging areas for construction for the rest of the land. It's just not possible to build that ride in that location in under a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Pokemon is coming to Fantastic Worlds, my guess is Pokemon will be the expansion added to Osaka, not DK (as it may have been planned/intended). That would leave DK (which is more popular in US) to be the Orlando exclusive, rather than Pokemon.

I know Pokemon isn't technically in the same universe as Mario, it's just that... it's almost unfathomable to have Pokemon in the US and not in Japan.

Last edited:
Anyone think this would be open in March? I planned on going in July during the Olympics but July seems really hot. I could wait until the semester is over in May but March is listed as the best time to go.

Anyone think this would be open in March? I planned on going in July during the Olympics but July seems really hot. I could wait until the semester is over in May but March is listed as the best time to go.
March would be extremely ambitious, especially since it's the first version and they have lots of logitics and attraction testing to do for the 3 other versions of SNW. (Hollywood, Orlando and Singapore).

March would be extremely ambitious, especially since it's the first version and they have lots of logitics and attraction testing to do for the 3 other versions of SNW. (Hollywood, Orlando and Singapore).
Thanks for replying. Yeah I knew March was a stretch. My birthday is literally the week after spring break (we go back on my birthday)and I thought it would be a great birthday present but I would be disappointed I just missed Nintendoland and Beauty and the Beast. Oh well it will either be May or July/August. I’m buying my plane ticket on New Years so hopefully they announce something.