Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

Everyone has a different definition of what 'fun' is in a theme park ride. But I feel like you think you'd be devastated only because you seem to have such low expectations for GotG. What if GotG ends up being really great?

Unpopular opinion (or maybe not anymore): they should have used the Guardians coaster system for the second attraction at SWGE instead of Millennium Falcon.

Unpopular opinion (or maybe not anymore): they should have used the Guardians coaster system for the second attraction at SWGE instead of Millennium Falcon.
Eh, then everyone would've complained why didn't they build a MF ride since it's "such a no-brainer". There will always be second guessing. There is room for a third attraction in SWGE, so someday down the line, we could still see the addition of another ride.

Eh, then everyone would've complained why didn't they build a MF ride since it's "such a no-brainer". There will always be second guessing. There is room for a third attraction in SWGE, so someday down the line, we could still see the addition of another ride.

I don't see the room that everyone keeps talking about. Sure, there's the berm, but that's not big enough for any major rides.

If we're talking from a thrill perspective, then sure, but RotR reminds me of an old school, PotC type ride (in terms of scale, scope, pace), which I gladly welcome.

And the biggest movie of all time deserves a ride with that sort of scale. Maybe Guardians will be able to pull it off, but coasters lend themselves to fast-paced storytelling. My hope for Avengers is that it’s a slow-burn that’s still exhilarating, but takes its time to tell its story.

But I feel like you think you'd be devastated only because you seem to have such low expectations for GotG. What if GotG ends up being really great?

Oh, that's certainly part of it. My expectations for that ride are in the cellar, whereas they are about as high as realistically possible for ROTR.

Could I end up thinking GOTG is great? Anything's possible, but it will need to be a lot more than just Space Mountain 2.0. And it will need to feel like it fits in with whatever the thematic vision of Epcot is by that point. Hopefully we'll eventually learn what that is.

I don't see the room that everyone keeps talking about. Sure, there's the berm, but that's not big enough for any major rides.
The berm can theoretically hold a ride the size of Smuggler's Run. It's a big plot of land and you really lose sight of exactly how big the area is because it's just a berm with a bunch of trees.

We are way off-topic now though.

The Avengers Coaster is the main thing that I am looking forward to that is planned for the DLR. It is also the furthest off. I'm really hoping that it doesn't get cancelled since construction hasn't started yet. I am figuring at this point, it might open in 2023 at the earliest.

Surprised Disney's going to Ant-Man for rides and restaurants when the films are among the lower-grossing ones in the MCU.

The character certainly fits the industrial-chic aesthetic Disney seems dead-set on using for their Marvel park projects, though.

Surprised Disney's going to Ant-Man for rides and restaurants when the films are among the lower-grossing ones in the MCU.

The character certainly fits the industrial-chic aesthetic Disney seems dead-set on using for their Marvel park projects, though.
The character didn't do well in the comics either. Comics always getting cancelled, and the character getting changed often. Definitely one of Marvel's weaker characters.

At this point with what they're doing with Thor id welcome a Thor rock and roll show a la Rock of Ages but also similar to Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue from Universal Studios Florida. Stay with me guys...

An Ant-Man microbrewery makes next to no sense. As a huge Marvel fan, I really want to love this land. However, it seems like WDI doesn't understand these characters and their world at all.