Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lower Lot Redesign

Based on the post @Ron101 posted in the Springfield thread, isn't it time USH got a new route down to the LL?

This seems to be a total bottle neck every time I visit now and it's only going to get worse when Nintendo opens.

Based on the post @Ron101 posted in the Springfield thread, isn't it time USH got a new route down to the LL?

This seems to be a total bottle neck every time I visit now and it's only going to get worse when Nintendo opens.

Agreed. It is horrible there in that area. They could open a new walkway between the Animal Actors and First Aid. Right now it is a service road, but would eliminate traffic and can get people down to the second bank of escalators. Doesn't have to be used everyday, but on busy days until the crowds subside. Can be a covered moving walkway, not necessarily an escalator.

I really like the idea of Classic Monsters coming to the Lower Lot like other posters have mentioned. I am extremely excited about the potential Classic Monsters land that is rumored for Fantastic Worlds. However, I hope the Mummy stays since that is my second favorite ride in the park.

So, if the Lower Lot ends up having Jurassic World, Revenge of the Mummy, Classic Monsters plus Super Nintendo Land in the next 5-10 years, it is going to be really great. Also, expanding the Lower Lot that much should add a lot of walking space to the area too. Right now, it feels like a cramped collection of a few rides.

So with the reaveal of Epic Universe Orlando we can now re-speculate on what will happen to the LL! I'm gonna guess we eventually get:
  • Classic Monsters Land
  • Slimmed down version of Fantastic Beasts / Ministry of Magic Paris
  • Slimmed down version of HTTYD
Unless of course they decide to add a second park to Hollywood in which case probably all goes to the new park.

Thoughts?!

So with the reaveal of Epic Universe Orlando we can now re-speculate on what will happen to the LL! I'm gonna guess we eventually get:
  • Classic Monsters Land
Unless of course they decide to add a second park to Hollywood in which case probably all goes to the new park.

Thoughts?!

None of the above.

• Classic Monsters Land

Thoughts?!

My guess is a new Classic Monsters zone centered around The Return of the Mummy, and maybe digging up the soundstages behind transformers (where ST is in HHN) to make room. HTTYD or Fantastic Beasts might end up going into where Simpsons is now, assuming the theme park rights revert.

I fear this will go off topic as a lower lot re-design thread is concerned. Honestly USH needs to build a whole new park and remove/relocate studio tour areas.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 40
I don't think that any of the things featured at Epic Universe will be at USH anytime soon (SNW excluded).

Fair enough. I have always though the new park would give us clues as to why SNW was put in a smaller plot, and be a sign of what comes to Hollywood in some form or another.

I also like to think the classic monsters mural was a hint! :shrug:

Wouldn’t you guys want something like Diagon first before even getting FB ??

Yes! But thats a huge space, a Fantastic Beasts dark ride might be easier.

It really does depend on whether Comcast decide to spend serious money in Hollywood as well as Orlando (more than they have been, and building a second park)

I fear this will go off topic as a lower lot re-design thread is concerned. Honestly USH needs to build a whole new park and remove/relocate studio tour areas.

They don't need to remove the Studio Tour, just shrink it. In previous discussions we worked out there is already space for a second park. Think you are right though, it is needed as the main park is just too small to get much more attendence growth.

Wouldn’t you guys want something like Diagon first before even getting FB ??

Personally, I'd rather see Potter saved for a Second Gate at USH, than that of seeing either Diagon or Wizarding World at the current park anymore than what's there.

As far as Lower Lot goes..I feel like they can do a small land (not necessarily Monsters, but something unique for the park) and the Studio Tour relocation; and that'd be pretty much perfect.

We actually have a thread on the subject of a second park.

2nd USH Gate? | Inside Universal Forums

I would love to see Classic Monsters Land come to the lower lot where the stages are. I think it would be cool to have it there and re-do the Mummy to where they can flip the entrance and make it better, but unfortunately, I think they would rather just axe Mummy altogether.

If Mummy has to go, here what I would love to see: Monsters Land going in stages behind Mummy location, use Mummy location for Ghostbusters Dark Ride and a Jurassic World themed coaster.

Fantastic Beasts/Ministry of Magic could go where the tram is. If they want to, they could move the tram somewhere else outside the park and advertise that as the “second gate”.

If we end up getting anything from Epic Universe, I feel like that'll be in the form of a 2nd gate. Except I would replace Fantastic Beasts with Diagon and Nintendo 1.0 (Mario Kart DK) with Nintendo 2.0 (Zelda, Pokemon).

If we end up getting anything from Epic Universe, I feel like that'll be in the form of a 2nd gate. Except I would replace Fantastic Beasts with Diagon and Nintendo 1.0 (Mario Kart DK) with Nintendo 2.0 (Zelda, Pokemon).
That would sound right....but downsize the layout to cram the lands together and get rid of the coasters. I think if we did get FB or Monsters, they would go in USH proper.

IF we ever get a 2nd gate, I hope a legitimate coaster is in the cards. Orlando has several and USH should get one, even if it has to be mostly indoors.

That would sound right....but downsize the layout to cram the lands together and get rid of the coasters. I think if we did get FB or Monsters, they would go in USH proper.

IF we ever get a 2nd gate, I hope a legit smite coaster is in the cards. Orlando has several and USH should get one, even if it has to be mostly indoors.
Smite coaster ?

It's too bad though as some might notice, the owner of the golf course isn't interested in selling off the land to USH. So it would be an obstacle for a 2nd themed park in Los Angeles, so USH is going to have to deal with the limited space they have now. As far as I know, MK ride is currently being built near Transformers.

It's too bad though as some might notice, the owner of the golf course isn't interested in selling off the land to USH. So it would be an obstacle for a 2nd themed park in Los Angeles, so USH is going to have to deal with the limited space they have now. As far as I know, MK ride is currently being built near Transformers.

Not really. The falls lake and surrounding area is about 45 acres and connects to CityWalk near Margaritaville. Compact and a challenge? Yes, but impossible? Not even close.