Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the World the Fantastic Beasts series has created, and it has huge potential for rides. I think as long as this is more about the Wizarding World and not specific movies it will be fine.

I have a feeling that the design/ride line up of both Classic Monsters and the Wizarding World haven't been totally 'locked down' yet.

hi,

I analyzed the "Fantastic beasts" land.
For me, it's about Paris ( Inspired by the second movie)
The buildings are inspired by Paris of 1920 (Universal Exhibition 1920's )
The big building around the hub looks a lot like the theme (glass cupola)
The buildings in the area look more like Paris than New York, especially the rooftops.
View attachment 10440
I agree.

I love the World the Fantastic Beasts series has created, and it has huge potential for rides. I think as long as this is more about the Wizarding World and not specific movies it will be fine.

I have a feeling that the design/ride line up of both Classic Monsters and the Wizarding World haven't been totally 'locked down' yet.

Haven't really had any rumours about potential rides for Wizarding World tbh. Everything else seems to have a few ideas thrown around but with WW it's just like maybe Ministry and maybe something else

I would like a dark ride into Newt's briefcase please

Interior MoM with two rides is more logical than Paris. MoM is beyond iconic and has featured in several films.

My guess is one ride in the interior of the UK ministry, another ride through Newt's suitcase which is stored at the Ministry. That was you get the iconic location from the Potter series as well as the only cool location from the Fantastic Beasts series

They already have the UK covered at USF with Diagon Alley, I cannot imagine it'll be the UK again. It looks like Paris to me, but I definitely don't expect the UK.

They don't have the UK Ministry covered, and that's the only one anyone cares about. The architecture in the art does look like Paris. I just wouldn't be shocked if that's already been changed.

They don't have the UK Ministry covered, and that's the only one anyone cares about. The architecture in the art does look like Paris. I just wouldn't be shocked if that's already been changed.
I just don't see them putting in the UK Ministry in EU though away from USF though, makes too much sense to connect the two lands there if thats the route they want to take. Im not 100% of the amount of space Fear Factor has for a ride like this, but I just don't see it. I think it'll be Paris, then next question is if its a ministry ride. Which Id honestly think it is.

I just don't see them putting in the UK Ministry in EU though away from USF though, makes too much sense to connect the two lands there if thats the route they want to take. Im not 100% of the amount of space Fear Factor has for a ride like this, but I just don't see it. I think it'll be Paris, then next question is if its a ministry ride. Which Id honestly think it is.

The Ministry ride in the Studios is dead. It was moved to FW just like SNW. I just don't see them *not* going with the most iconic and marketable of the Ministries for the big, new park.

What are the odds that the dueling coasters and that flying saucer-like building are part of a Star Trek land? I remember Orlando Weekly reporting a rumor about Trek coming a while back, and the more I look at the concept art, it looks like the path that runs between the coasters and the sci-fi building fades into the trees in a way that makes me think the trees may be an overlay obscuring the area to announce at another time.

The Ministry ride in the Studios is dead. It was moved to FW just like SNW. I just don't see them *not* going with the most iconic and marketable of the Ministries for the big, new park.
Well, guess it'll be the Paris ministry then. Wouldn't make sense thematically to have 2 separate London's. I understand your point but they can still make it a Ministry ride and visit the London one, Alicia mentioned on her podcast a patent that makes you go up and down in circles on some kind of track, almost like you're going from room to room. I could see that for being a Newt's suitcase type ride, or a Ministry ride where you travel to all of them and its the shooter thats been discussed. We shall see!

I'm thinking it's London also. That makes it easier to tie it in with the Potter Universe most Potter fans are familiar with, and still have the flexibility of Fantastic Beasts being included. If they did Paris it would seem all FB and no regular Potter. They need that in case FB doesn't pull the fandom in great numbers like the 'iconic' Potter locations (England/Scotland) are a guarantee to do.

How about you enter the land in Paris with the French MOM and via floo powder you are transported to the London MOM? That way any planned USF MOM attraction can take place but we also get the French MOM and a Newts suitcase ride, best of both worlds?!?

would these new permits be for an attraction on fantastic beast?
two years ago I had imagined an attraction in the MACUSA

View attachment 10444 !View attachment 10441View attachment 10442 View attachment 10443

I'd caution against assuming any permit is for any specific ride. More often than not the ride systems we see patented never see the light of day.

How about you enter the land in Paris with the French MOM and via floo powder you are transported to the London MOM? That way any planned USF MOM attraction can take place but we also get the French MOM and a Newts suitcase ride, best of both worlds?!?

I just think not giving people the opportunity to actually explore the UK Ministry on foot a bit would be a huge missed opportunity. I just don't see any real *reason* to go with Paris. It was featured in a near-universally reviled movie in the fan community, and it would guarantee fans never get to really explore the one Ministry that they'd be dying to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.