Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 172 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't disagree with any of your thoughts on genre whatsoever; horror is undoubtedly fluid, which is why it's so powerful. But it's kinda beside the point that I'm trying to make, which is that a GoT house would have felt like an attempt to shoehorn a vaguely horror-related IP into a very specifically horror event simply for the sake of its huge popularity. That's not a good look, IMO. It's blatantly commercial, and I would have had a hard time seeing it as anything other than a marketing stunt. And I know it's not like they haven't done this kind of stuff in the past—I mean, what is a Purge house or an AHS house or even a Creepshow house if not glorified marketing? But GoT just seems too far afield.

I think we just have to agree to disagree on whether or not GoT is too far or not. I personally think horror was a significant enough part of the series to make a pretty excellent maze, but obviously, you don't agree, and that's cool too.

Figured Us would be announced before HoTC. You don't want two smaller ones in a row (KKfOS and HoTC, Creepshow is USH exclusive) and you want the bigger property out the door right around now cuz of people planning trips and vacations.

Well, since we know it's gonna be announced Thursday, roll up, roll up, line up your questions now!

- How are you gonna do the final fight scene?
- What will the finale be?
- Will we hear "I Got 5 On it" in a maze?
- Will there be cartwheels?

-Possibly disgusting smells, like feces in the rabbit cages room?
-Will Pluto's actors wear facial prosthetics or a full mask like the Skeletor scareactors last year in The First Purge?

Murdy stated in the Q&A that the next announcement will likely be for a tram garage maze, suggesting that Us is indeed up next.

Additionally, one can discern the following from the Q&A --

-Creep will cameo in multiple fashions (i.e. not just a scare actor jump scare) throughout the Creepshow maze
-No Creepshow 2 cameos, just the named segments from original film & new series
-Biggest scene in the event this year is Mindflayer
-Coolest SFX involve the spores in the tunnels beneath Hawkins
-Opening Scaremony will involve Spirits & Demons of the East

He also more or less confirmed no tram, in case anyone was holding their breath.