Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow, Nassal has really upped their game! They have a whole new logo and website referring to their “companies”.

Companies of Nassal

I put this here because we can sure they will be very involved in this project. For those of you who don’t know, Nassal is an important themed environment builder who has had a close relationship with Universal for years. Hogsmeade and Hogwarts are among it’s many achievements.
They are really good quality company and do some of the best work.

Addendum: It is interesting that Lexington is now a part of Nassal. If I remember correctly, they were a California company and the ones that were responsible for creating the original photo op HE train. That recollection comes from way back when I had some insider info on Hogsmeade construction.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I think they’re happy with their dedicated bus lanes.

I keep thinking "big whoop, a bus lane", but then I remember just how well Disney Springs' bus lanes works, and then I'm not so scared all of a sudden. With them being so involved in the construction, it should be a smooth ride (both logistically and literally).

Reactions: Alicia
So it’s not even possible that more stuff will be added to the map from now till like the early 2020’s? In the open spaces we see. What if theirs not just 4 themed worlds or universes their could be more? You never know right. I mean they didn’t even reveal Nintendo, Jurassic park turning into Jurassic. World Bourne, or even kidszone’s replacement. I am wondering should we hear more after Disney worlds Star Wars galaxys edge opens in late August or will universal stay quiet for awhile since we have heard about the new park title name. I would think Uni would strike back after Galaxy’s edge opening with more news.

Reactions: Joey
So it’s not even possible that more stuff will be added to the map from now till like the early 2020’s? In the open spaces we see. What if theirs not just 4 themed worlds or universes their could be more? You never know right. I mean they didn’t even reveal Nintendo, Jurassic park turning into Jurassic. World Bourne, or even kidszone’s replacement. I am wondering should we hear more after Disney worlds Star Wars galaxys edge opens in late August or will universal stay quiet for awhile since we have heard about the new park title name. I would think Uni would strike back after Galaxy’s edge opening with more news.
Universal has notoriously only announced something months, weeks, or days prior to its opening. I'm sure they have their reasons.

As far as more stuff being added to Epic Universe... I think there will be some surprises as far as what attractions we see in the hub, but I think they'll be hyper focused on building high quality for the hub+their four main worlds they open with. Unfortunately, more often than not, stuff starts getting cut (due to budget and/or timeline) rather than the other way around. Look at Animal Kingdom as an example.

Universal has notoriously only announced something months, weeks, or days prior to its opening. I'm sure they have their reasons.

As far as more stuff being added to Epic Universe... I think there will be some surprises as far as what attractions we see in the hub, but I think they'll be hyper focused on building high quality for the hub+their four main worlds they open with. Unfortunately, more often than not, stuff starts getting cut (due to budget and/or timeline) rather than the other way around. Look at Animal Kingdom as an example.
In the case of AK though the leadership wasn’t in the best position. We are experiencing something totally opposite with Uni doing extremely well.

Reactions: RFRees
My excitement factor for known lands/themed areas in order based on a scale of 1-10:

Classic Monsters (10) - Just can't wait for this one. I think that this will be the surprise hit of the park.

Nintendo (9) - I'm not a Nintendo fan but I am super excited for the theming and rides.

Hub (9) - Looks incredible. Can't wait to see the water features, landscaping, shops and restaurants.

HTTYD (7) - Will no doubt look incredible. Less enthused about the ride possibilities and disappointed that they are not tackling the entire DreamWorks catalog (as far as we know)

FB (5 ) - If this is entirely based on the FB movie franchise.....yuk. I have absolutely no connection the characters & places compared to Potter. Again....I'm sure the theming will be incredible.

Yeah I feel it would be best to have a Dreamworks land rather than just HTTYD. And FB should be a new Harry Potter themeded area like Ministry of Magic or at least a mix of both movies and characters.

Reactions: therock
Yeah I feel it would be best to have a Dreamworks land rather than just HTTYD.
Totally disagree. I appreciate that we're getting more areas like Diagon (highly themed and immersive) and fewer areas like KidZone (mishmash of IPs in one land).
And FB should be a new Harry Potter themeded area like Ministry of Magic or at least a mix of both movies and characters.
I'm thinking the land is going to have some strong pull into the area for Potter fans. I'd throw down a (young) Dumbledore attraction if I were Universal. He's such a huge character for the franchise but has so little representation in the parks.

Reactions: Magic-Man
I still can't believe que Uni didn't choose Pokémon for UEU. I think that it would be the most popular and merchandising seller with Harry Potter of all the IPs of the entire resort. Pokémon is relevant since almost 2 decades and their videogames are still bestsellers. Maybe it was not possinle due problems with its rights? I think that Pokémon rights are shared between Nintendo, Game Freaks and The Pokémon Company or smthng like that.

I still can't believe que Uni didn't choose Pokémon for UEU. I think that it would be the most popular and merchandising seller with Harry Potter of all the IPs of the entire resort. Pokémon is relevant since almost 2 decades and their videogames are still bestsellers. Maybe it was not possinle due problems with its rights? I think that Pokémon rights are shared between Nintendo, Game Freaks and The Pokémon Company or smthng like that.
Or, maybe, it would be the best way to ensure visitors come back to the park a couple years later once it's added.

Q&A: The history of Universal’s Islands of Adventure from concept to opening day - Orlando Rising
I know it’s not likely but if it was things could drastically change with the concept art just like what happened to IOA not classic rides ok I’ll get over that. But when IOA was first announced they had plans for a DC cartoon world then got canceled. Ok I already brought this up but here is the real link for it. You never know if these plans could be changed from now till 2022-2023 a lot can happen from now till then. What makes you think these concept art plans are officially locked and won’t change this time? Yes a park name title is announced but nothing else has been officially announced like lands, rides, shows.
I heard this idea elsewhere, but from the sounds of it, they were planning IPs for IOA from 93 to 95, but I'm guessing they had it locked down after that (95 to 99 for finalizing plans and construction).

Similar to a potential timeline for Epic Universe, 2017 to 2019 IPs, 2019 to 2023 finalization and construction. Which would explain the rumors for SNW moving from KZ to EU.

Correct me if I'm wrong!

Note: the post I replied to has since been moved to the speculation thread.

Last edited:
I heard this idea elsewhere, but from the sounds of it, they were planning IPs for IOA from 93 to 95, but I'm guessing they had it locked down after that (95 to 99 for finalizing plans and construction).

Similar to a potential timeline for Epic Universe, 2017 to 2019 IPs, 2019 to 2023 finalization and construction. Which would explain the rumors for SNW moving from KZ to EU.

Correct me if I'm wrong!
I think a big part of the reason they even announced the park when they did, is that publicly filed permits are about to come out... and from I heard, they look an awful lot like the concept art... at least, as far as the lands are concerned. This concept art does seem to be, for the most part, what they're planning to build.

I think a big part of the reason they even announced the park when they did, is that publicly filed permits are about to come out... and from I heard, they look an awful lot like the concept art... at least, as far as the lands are concerned. This concept art does seem to be, for the most part, what they're planning to build.

Delicious. Finally, some good freaking food. ;)

I take it that means we'll be getting show building permits. If nothing else, it'll be great to see some idea of how big some of the rides will be