Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott’s Scary Farm 2019

I would assume Wax Works goes in the Trick or Treat Lights Out Location with the Devil Head facade and then the same spot where Red Barn was last year is Red Barn 2: Gunslingerz Revenge.
Interesting... I feel like if they weren't going with code names 'origins' would make the most sense with the devil head... but maybe it's just me. But if this was the case Red Barn 2 wouldn't be a thing and since there's a sign for it I don't think that's a possibility.

If what you said was true would Knotts technically only be adding 1 new maze this year or would they count Red Barn 2 as a whole new maze?

Interesting... I feel like if they weren't going with code names 'origins' would make the most sense with the devil head... but maybe it's just me. But if this was the case Red Barn 2 wouldn't be a thing and since there's a sign for it I don't think that's a possibility.

If what you said was true would Knotts technically only be adding 1 new maze this year or would they count Red Barn 2 as a whole new maze?
I'm assuming that they would maybe count it as a all new maze but that's just me.

Unless there are some major surprises at the announcement event then Red Barn II will be one of the "new" mazes. It is probably cheaper to just reuse the Red Barn theming since the Wilderness Dance Hall already looks like a Red Barn. It really sucks though and gives me low hopes for this year. I didn't care much for The Depths or Dark Entities last year. The first 2/3rd of The Depths were quite dull and Dark Entities didn't hold up to multiple walk throughs for me. I hope this isn't the beginning of a quality drop for Scary Farm.

Red Barn 2 sounds awful. It’s probably going to happen, but fuuuuuuu... This means it’s going next to infected, right? The traditional red barn I don’t think is a location this year
The previous 'Red Barn' build space has construction going on currently, there's a large vertical build next to Pony Express so I assume that Red Barn will return to the same location.

I’m at knotts and the sign on the previous Trick Or Treat location clearly says “Devils Den in 3D”

I didn't notice the "In" part of the name, but it looks like I was mostly right on the name. 3D mazes can be hit or miss. Sewer of Souls at Magic Mountain was great last year, but if all we get for new mazes is a Red Barn rehash and a 3D maze, I will be disappointed.

Unless Universal overdoes the black walls or Magic Mountain has some big surprises in store for Fright Fest, then USH will easily win SoCal in Halloween this year.

I didn't notice the "In" part of the name, but it looks like I was mostly right on the name. 3D mazes can be hit or miss. Sewer of Souls at Magic Mountain was great last year, but if all we get for new mazes is a Red Barn rehash and a 3D maze, I will be disappointed.

Unless Universal overdoes the black walls or Magic Mountain has some big surprises in store for Fright Fest, then USH will easily win SoCal in Halloween this year.
The “in” is superrrrrr small and in a white font. But it 100% reads “devils den in 3D”

The “in” is superrrrrr small and in a white font. But it 100% reads “devils den in 3D”

Oh I believe it, I was just trying to make out the name while on GhostRider, so I could have easily missed the "In" part of the name. I am guessing Devil's Den will be the big budget maze like Dark Ride, Shadow Lands, Paranormal Inc., while Red Barn II will be this year's budget maze like Pumpkin Eater, Red Barn, and Dark Entities. That said, I do like Pumpkin Eater.

Oh I believe it, I was just trying to make out the name while on GhostRider, so I could have easily missed the "In" part of the name. I am guessing Devil's Den will be the big budget maze like Dark Ride, Shadow Lands, Paranormal Inc., while Red Barn II will be this year's budget maze like Pumpkin Eater, Red Barn, and Dark Entities. That said, I do like Pumpkin Eater.
Yeah i think that’ll be the case. I was riding ghost rider as well when i saw it but i used my superhuman powers to zoom in and see the super small text... all jokes there are like piles of “dirt” outside of the facade on the ground as well... i can’t describe them well but they’re just text to the facade

Unless there are some major surprises at the announcement event then Red Barn II will be one of the "new" mazes. It is probably cheaper to just reuse the Red Barn theming since the Wilderness Dance Hall already looks like a Red Barn. It really sucks though and gives me low hopes for this year. I didn't care much for The Depths or Dark Entities last year. The first 2/3rd of The Depths were quite dull and Dark Entities didn't hold up to multiple walk throughs for me. I hope this isn't the beginning of a quality drop for Scary Farm.

I think The Depths in particular really showcases a quality increase for Knott's. I've been going ever year since the early 00's and the quality has only gone up IMO.

Red Barn 2 sounds awful. It’s probably going to happen, but fuuuuuuu... This means it’s going next to infected, right? The traditional red barn I don’t think is a location this year

There is some type of construction happening at the Jeffries Barn location so it's possible that if Red Barn is coming back it would return to its previous location.

I feel very underwhelmed with Knott’s leaked mazes. This might be the first year I don’t get the season pass and just do pre-scare one night.

I always get my Scary Farm pass as an addon to my Knott's Season Pass. However, I might be using it way less this year then in previous years. I already have my Frequent Fear Pass for USH and if HHN ends up being as great as I think it will be this year, then I much rather spend more time there than at what will likely be a weak year for Scary Farm.

One of the worst things about Red Barn II is that it means that we likely have at least 3 more years of The Red Barn.