Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I feel like most local haunts are "scarier" because they don't have to deal with 30k attendees? (I don't even know if that's an accurate number) per night... A lot of local haunts I've done the line takes forever, but that's because they pulse you in really small groups...so you truly are wandering into these pitch black/quiet rooms with only your party... so there is a lot more tension... I think HHN does a great job with what their given. It's a conga line, but they do a great job at timing the scares so you are still likely to get a few good frights

The one thing that they do that I HATE (but I feel like they have gotten better at over the past years) is the occasional overzealous OPS team member rushing you through the maze and breaking the mood. In our first visit in 2013 this was terrible!

I know speculation is basically all done for this year, but has anyone ever played a videogame called Outlast?

Had a few days off work and it was recommended to me, but this thing is terrifying! Scariest thing, game or movies I have experienced in a long time. Perfect HHN material. Just obviously not for this year :grin:

I feel like most local haunts are "scarier" because they don't have to deal with 30k attendees? (I don't even know if that's an accurate number) per night... A lot of local haunts I've done the line takes forever, but that's because they pulse you in really small groups...so you truly are wandering into these pitch black/quiet rooms with only your party... so there is a lot more tension... I think HHN does a great job with what their given. It's a conga line, but they do a great job at timing the scares so you are still likely to get a few good frights

The one thing that they do that I HATE (but I feel like they have gotten better at over the past years) is the occasional overzealous OPS team member rushing you through the maze and breaking the mood. In our first visit in 2013 this was terrible!

Yeah, and I think part of Universal's whole drive is making us feel like we are walking through horror movies, IPs and original.

The separate Universal Orlando Resort Page for HHN has the following Attractions as open:
  • Gringotts
  • Mummy
  • Rip Ride Rockit
  • Men In Black
  • Fast & Furious
  • Transformers
  • Simpsons
Simpsons was specifically labeled as only open on "select" nights.

How can fast and furious be open with rob zombie scarezone in that area?

Is there really going to be huge influx of people pouring out of the ride into that zone?

Yeah, i just always heard that zones couldnt be done by opened rides,
And that this was the reason the mummy exit street never had big props in front of it

You mean, F A M I L I A

You mean 'Ohana'

Yes, I've seen it done with couches/sofas also. Ordinarily, there is either an empty chamber beneath the bed or a false wall (or a hole hidden by the bed) that will lead into another chamber or a cellar/basement area.

I should mention I have not been to one of these but know people who have and there was or is a documentary on Netflix

The couch moment is at 1:39.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, i just always heard that zones couldnt be done by opened rides,
And that this was the reason the mummy exit street never had big props in front of it

I mean no? A decision is made then people speculate on why, fitting a narrative around why it was made.

See: why Diagon wasn’t open the first year. Everyone thought it was something about JKR or WB and instead it was Universals decision.