Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

Status
Not open for further replies.
This very well could go down as The Great Theme Park Witch Hunt of 2019.
:thumbsup: and....I think you just stumbled onto the top secret new Universal attraction for Orlando opening in 2022....."The Great Theme Park Witch Hunt" and something really horrible and terrible happened to Disney.;):X:lol: .......(note: I (edited) corrected my post you quoted. It should read there's even posters speculating that Spirit was 'is' Gary.

Tirian, a prominent poster on Magic, who started this discussion on Magic, has an interesting take...."This is real, and now we know why a certain Spirit would regularly refer to 'Zenia and her flying monkees' controlling the online dialogue". This Magic discussion just gets better and better. I'm not a big fan of the site, but they do have the most reliable WDW info, and this discussion going on over there is riveting. There's even posters speculating that Spirit was 'is' Spirit. This is the most interesting read on a theme park forum in a helluva time....I was starting to get bored with the discussions, but now my interest has peaked.

I believe Spirit is also a Snyder.

TP2000’s posts always have been very... interesting. He has seemed pro-Disneyland and anti-WDW, much like Lutz and has provided information that makes people think he’s credible.

In the era of hacked elections and fake news though, I can’t say I’m surprised by this at all.

Nobody takes Spirit seriously anymore so it doesn’t matter. He’s a joke. He also never really has much actual information after his elaborate Jim Hill-style story telling, which is, quite frankly, tiresome.

Kevin Yee (former blogger & Mice Chat writer) just posted on Magic and said he can confirm that Spirit is Gary Snyder.....Mice Chat just issued a rebuttal. It's not very convincing and the posters on Magic are actually making fun and light of their rebuttal.

TP2000’s posts always have been very... interesting. He has seemed pro-Disneyland and anti-WDW, much like Lutz and has provided information that makes people think he’s credible.

In the era of hacked elections and fake news though, I can’t say I’m surprised by this at all.
Yep when I read the Lutz article about GE it literally seemed like something TP would post on WDWMagic.

Kevin Yee (former blogger & Mice Chat writer) just posted on Magic and said he can confirm that Spirit is Gary Snyder.....Mice Chat just issued a rebuttal. It's not very convincing and the posters on Magic are actually making fun and light of their rebuttal.

Was going to post about that, but you beated me to it.

All of this...is something.

This just gets better and better.
I won't even hold back... WDWMagic owes an explanation about why it let him manipulate its readers by letting him talk like this:
The Spirit Takes the Fifth ... | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney World discussion forums
Oh, one other note on said subject, kind of a shame that the writers of the Times Disney gaming piece were not familiar, apparently, with a story Brooks Barnes wrote in April of 2010. It was a lovely, kiss up, PR piece on how wonderful The Weatherman was and is for Disney.

About this article:
Gambling Debate Entangles Disney in Florida - The New York Times

The Snyders are still upset - to this day - that they were never hired by the company as consultants and Magic enabled that vitriol for years.

Last edited:
I won't even hold back... WDWMagic owes an explanation about why it let Mike manipulate its readers by letting him talk like this:
The Spirit Takes the Fifth ... | WDWMAGIC - Unofficial Walt Disney World discussion forums

About an article he wrote:
Gambling Debate Entangles Disney in Florida - The New York Times

The Snyders are still upset - to this day - that they were never hired by the company as consultants and Magic enabled that vitriol for years.
This entire story is seeming more and more credible.....and interesting as all hell..........Thanks for the info................:thumbsup::toast:

It's just amazing how petty all of it is - seems like every few years one of them pops back up to try to start some pointless battle against Disney when there are countless legitimate ones. I've wondered if they're 100% sane.
Spirit always seemed a bit off to me. Seemed like he was looking for acceptance by throwing out small bits of info and feeding off it for months. In the meantime he would use the thread to espouse his personal insecurities, pet peeves and just a soapbox in general to look like a big shot. Like Nick, I never cared much for him, and I thought Magic was a better place when he and his venom disappeared.

ls0o0x61ryp01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.