Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

seeing as the company likes to buy rides in bulk I could imagine a Sally dark ride for Jungala in the unused land surrounding Treetop Trails.

That isn't unused land. It's pasture for some of the animals that are kept away from the Serengeti.

In light of the Epic Universe announcement, one thing that BGT seriously needs is an official onsite resort. A quick look at TripAdvisor reveals that a large portion of guests are tourists from out of town who are making a one-day detour from their week long Orlando vacation, and as it is a fair number of them are advising others to skip Busch Gardens altogether in favor of the Orlando parks. With another park in Orlando, Busch Gardens is going to have to sell itself as a multi-day destination to convince people to spend any time in Tampa, and with no clearly designated place to stay overnight that's going to be a tough sell. It's strange to me that this park, which is the oldest in the state and arguably has the best business case for its own hotel, is the only one in Florida not to have an official or even "partner" hotel, or even an abundance of nearby hotels excluding the not-so-savory properties on Busch Blvd.

A resort (or resorts) has been in the work for years (areas in yellow as potential locations for it). However due to massive budget cuts/financial issues, those have been shelved indefinitely.
Busch-Gardens-Tampa-Possible-Expansion-005-600x338.jpg

BGT has partner hotels that you can book with through the park's website and get deals and some benefits. However they don't come with some of the perks you get at the SWO official hotels (specifically QQ).

Florida's Best Family Vacation Package Deals | Busch Gardens Tampa Bay

upload_2019-8-4_22-55-42.png

Sort of a blue-sky for BGT's next couple of years, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is what ends up happening.

New for 2021: Pantopia Expansion!
  • The entire Northern section of Pantopia gets a revamp. Phoenix finally gets removed, along with the Pantopia Theater, Sand Serpent, and some of the kiddie flats at the right of the land.
  • The Pantopia Theater building stays and becomes home to a flying theater. Think Soarin Over Africa. This gives BGT the indoor ride it desperately needs, and it's not super expensive like other dark rides. The area where Sand Serpent currently lies becomes home to extended queue for the ride and a gift-shop for the entire land.
  • The area where Phoenix once stood is now home to a Zamperla Discovery flat ride.
  • Kiddie flats are replaced by a Zamperla Air Race flat ride OR a clone of Riptide Rescue at SWSA. The former is a better addition IMO. An S&S Screaming Swing could also work well here.
Photos:

Zamperla Discovery
Discovery10.jpg

Zamperla Air Race
ZPL_SuperAIRrACE-01.jpg

Flying Theater
Visitors-in-Flight-Balloons.jpg

The expansion gets rid of many problems that BGT has, including lack of an indoor ride, lack of multiple quality flats, and the SBNO Phoenix. It's not an expensive renovation, so they can save even more money for...

New for 2022/2023: B&M GIGA
  • Placed in between Tigris and Jungala.
  • Wraps around Jungala and goes back near Congo River Rapids and Kumba, going over the lakes at the very back of the park.
  • Either a white or yellow track, which would fit in well with the other coasters at the back.
  • Focused on airtime (like Leviathan and Orion) and not speed (Fury 325 and Intimidator 305).
Photos:
Kings%20Island%20Orion%20(10).jpg

d9d7d04c4c2e38c0327f6f2773f268b3.png

Gives people a reason to go all the way back in the park. The park now has the airtime machine and giga it deserves. Completes a complete renovation of the back areas of the park (Tigris, Pantopia Expansion, Giga)

Also coming before 2025: Hotel
  • This explains itself. Now that the park is a full-day destination once more, you want to keep guests here as long as possible. A hotel would accomplish that. Goes near Adventure Island. Early access to the park.

Sort of a blue-sky for BGT's next couple of years, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is what ends up happening.

• The entire Northern section of Pantopia gets a revamp. Phoenix finally gets removed, along with the Pantopia Theater, Sand Serpent, and some of the kiddie flats at the right of the land.
  • The Pantopia Theater building stays and becomes home to a flying theater. Think Soarin Over Africa. This gives BGT the indoor ride it desperately needs, and it's not super expensive like other dark rides. The area where Sand Serpent currently lies becomes home to extended queue for the ride and a gift-shop for the entire land.
  • The area where Phoenix once stood is now home to a Zamperla Discovery flat ride.
  • Kiddie flats are replaced by a Zamperla Air Race flat ride OR a clone of Riptide Rescue at SWSA. The former is a better addition IMO. An S&S Screaming Swing could also work well here.
Photos:

Zamperla Discovery
Discovery10.jpg

Zamperla Air Race
ZPL_SuperAIRrACE-01.jpg

Flying Theater

The expansion gets rid of many problems that BGT has, including lack of an indoor ride, lack of multiple quality flats, and the SBNO Phoenix. It's not an expensive renovation, so they can save even more money for...

• Wraps around Jungala and goes back near Congo River Rapids and Kumba, going over the lakes at the very back of the park.
  • Either a white or yellow track, which would fit in well with the other coasters at the back.
  • Focused on airtime (like Leviathan and Orion) and not speed (Fury 325 and Intimidator 305).
Photos:

Gives people a reason to go all the way back in the park. The park now has the airtime machine and giga it deserves. Completes a complete renovation of the back areas of the park (Tigris, Pantopia Expansion, Giga)

• This explains itself. Now that the park is a full-day destination once more, you want to keep guests here as long as possible. A hotel would accomplish that. Goes near Adventure Island. Early access to the park.
Nice ideas

Photos:

Zamperla Discovery
Discovery10.jpg

Zamperla Air Race
ZPL_SuperAIRrACE-01.jpg

Flying Theater

Photos:

A flying theater is a great idea for BGT...Also, bring on the Giga and some flats

TBH, I think 2021 will either include nothing or a smaller edition

TBH, I think 2021 will either include nothing or a smaller edition

The BGT park president said in an interview at Tigris' opening event that the park will be getting new investment in attractions every year for the forseeable future :grin:

And on the subject of a potential hotel for the park, I think it would be a huge missed opportunity for it not to be overlooking the serengeti plains.

The BGT park president said in an interview at Tigris' opening event that the park will be getting new investment in attractions every year for the forseeable future :grin:

And on the subject of a potential hotel for the park, I think it would be a huge missed opportunity for it not to be overlooking the serengeti plains.
Or overlook Busch Blvd where we can watch homeless people poop into trashcans. :thumbsup:

I think they will take a break from coasters for at least 5 years after Gwazi is redone next year. I think they will try to redo the area where Rhino Rally was next and then add some new flats to Pantopia. I really think a giga is what theyre missing since they will have two coasters at 200 feet and Mako is just down the road. I think its time they work with B&M again so by 2026 a giga will finally come to the park. They may need to add something in Jungala though, that area needs some help as well.

I think they will take a break from coasters for at least 5 years after Gwazi is redone next year. I think they will try to redo the area where Rhino Rally was next and then add some new flats to Pantopia. I really think a giga is what theyre missing since they will have two coasters at 200 feet and Mako is just down the road. I think its time they work with B&M again so by 2026 a giga will finally come to the park. They may need to add something in Jungala though, that area needs some help as well.
There’s not much left of where Rhino Rally was. The water scenes are used in Cheetah Hunt and part of the load station areas are used for the upcharge safari tours and giraffe feedings. There’s a small bit of track left, but not much.

That is good, but I'm not expecting another major coaster for a little while

I asked the park about that area and they said its under maintenance, so I hope it will come back in a few months. I think a Trex is the better fit for them as well, but idk if they need another coaster with inversions lets be real. Maybe in 10 years so they can break the records with it or something. I just think a giga coaster is next for this park if they want to make it the thrill capital of Florida or another family coaster that doesn't invert, but I am not sure what type of ride. Do they dare to do another wooden coaster but with gravity group or GCI and make the structure out of steel this time? They have a great diversity of manufactures used at the park so why not add more?