Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

If Disney is smart, they'd add the entertainment & extra streetmoshere they cut when they grand open RotR, and do it right this time, the way a land should be premiered. But I'll bet the pencil pushing wins out. Unfortunately Disney just 'doesn't get it' in providing a 'complete' experience with any of their new lands. Sad.

Getting back on topic regarding the park, I think Disney thinking they constantly can get away with charging more for less finally caught up to them.

Combine that with a savvy Star Wars audience who is built in online and does research, why rush out for a section of a park half done and charging more than ever?

I question your taste in film

Stop.

Getting back on topic regarding the park, I think Disney thinking they constantly can get away with charging more for less finally caught up to them.

Combine that with a savvy Star Wars audience who is built in online and does research, why rush out for a section of a park half done and charging more than ever?

The comparison I have is Everest. It’s a good ride and helped spread out crowds. But Disney was not happy with that, they wanted more. We ended up with less investment in rides and more resort lock in.

Stop.

The comparison I have is Everest. It’s a good ride and helped spread out crowds. But Disney was not happy with that, they wanted more. We ended up with less investment in rides and more resort lock in.
To Disney's defense, I have the feeling most Disney fans care more about the merchandise and the photo's of the exteriors to impress their friends than the rides.

To Disney's defense, I have the feeling most Disney fans care more about the merchandise and the photo's of the exteriors to impress their friends than the rides.
Right, they made a Star Wars Land that would appeal to Disney Fans. They didn't seem to care much about Star Wars Fans.

Universal was able to increase market share because they brought in Potter fans with their attention to detail. Disney seems to only care about giving their own fans a reason to book another trip rather than increase the market base. So we have a very immersive detailed land that vaguely references things a casual Star Wars fan would recognize as nostalgia but is built to facilitate the sale of plush toys and rebranded smoothies.

But it's done very well.

Last edited:
The Last Jedi is the worst thing ever made by a human.
Hahahahahahahha

Stop

The Prequels didn’t turn Luke Skywalker, the biggest optimist in the galaxy, into a damn quitter.

I don’t think you’ve been watching the same movies as everyone else

All Luke does is whine in Star Wars. He *constantly* talks about how things are impossible and whines during training with Yoda because things aren’t going fast enough for him. He loses control and nearly falls to the dark side after Vader threatens Leia.

Luke’s whole shtick is overreacting to his failures and making the wrong choices before epically making up for it in the end. Everything that happens in TLJ sis within character...including when Luke makes up for all of it pulling off the greatest hero move in the galaxy by “facing down the whole first order with his laser sword” and becoming the mythological god Rey wanted him to be in the end.

Last edited:
Hahahahahahahha

Stop

I don’t think you’ve been watching the same movies as everyone else

All Luke does is whine in Star Wars. He *constantly* talks about how things are impossible and whines during training with Yoda because things aren’t going fast enough for him. He loses control and nearly falls to the dark side after Vader threatens Leia.

Luke’s whole shtick is overreacting to his failures and making the wrong choices before epically making up for it in the end. Everything that happens in TLJ sis within character...including when Luke makes up for all of it pulling off the greatest hero move in the galaxy by “facing down the whole first order with his laser sword” and becoming the mythological god Rey wanted him to be in the end.
Except he didn’t.

He astrally projected himself and then still died anyway like a wimp. You want great hero scenes for examples? Watch Infinity War and Endgame. That’s how you do epic hero scenes.

And I’ll take his whining in the OT over little miss perfect mastering everything with no effort or training any day of the week.

Oh and the optimist bit was about how he was able to see the good in his father but now you’re telling me he couldn’t do the same with his nephew? Please...

Last edited:
Except he didn’t.

He astrally projected himself and then still died anyway like a wimp.

This is a *spectacular* misreading of what happens. Luke, in his final moments, act as a true Jedi unlike anything we’ve ever seen in the movies. He redeems the concept of what it *means* to be a Jedi as Yoda explained it to him. Teachings Yoda *himself* forgot in the Clone Wars.

Luke used the Force, a MASSIVE amount of power as Kylo implies earlier in the movie, to use the Force for defense (never for attack) to save the spark of hope that could save the galaxy. His story spreads, as we see at the end of the movie, becoming even more of a legend than he had ever been before. I’m the end he’s gone from a man to Hercules, a hero of myth, that can never be corrupted.

Honestly, I can’t see how anyone can be disappointed it Luke Skywalker’s arc. He goes from a rote Joseph Campbell archetype to one of the greatest fictional characters of all time.

Oh and the optimist bit was about how he was able to see the good in his father but now you’re telling me he couldn’t do the same with his nephew? Please...

That was the failure. That was his greatest failure, and what drives him to isolation. Because, as established in literally every movie Luke is in, he runs from his failures in a over reactive way. And cutting himself off from the force is exactly what he would do after a mistake like that

This is a *spectacular* misreading of what happens. Luke, in his final moments, act as a true Jedi unlike anything we’ve ever seen in the movies. He redeems the concept of what it *means* to be a Jedi as Yoda explained it to him. Teachings Yoda *himself* forgot in the Clone Wars.

Luke used the Force, a MASSIVE amount of power as Kylo implies earlier in the movie, to use the Force for defense (never for attack) to save the spark of hope that could save the galaxy. His story spreads, as we see at the end of the movie, becoming even more of a legend than he had ever been before. I’m the end he’s gone from a man to Hercules, a hero of myth, that can never be corrupted.

Honestly, I can’t see how anyone can be disappointed it Luke Skywalker’s arc. He goes from a rote Joseph Campbell archetype to one of the greatest fictional characters of all time.

That was the failure. That was his greatest failure, and what drives him to isolation. Because, as established in literally every movie Luke is in, he runs from his failures in a over reactive way. And cutting himself off from the force is exactly what he would do after a mistake like that
He shouldn’t have made that mistake in the first place. He already saw the good in Vader so it stands to reason he would've also seen the good in Ben and never would’ve felt the need to try and kill him in his sleep.

Also it’s very simple the type of hero scene people wanted. Since you cut up my original post I’ll make the point again here.
tenor.gif

That’s a hero. Actually there facing down the villain with great threat to themselves from said villain. Luke did this in all 3 OT movies. He became a wuss in TLJ.

Last edited:
He shouldn’t have made that mistake in the first place. He already saw the good in Vader so it stands to reason he would've also seen the good in Ben and never would’ve felt the need to try and kill him in his sleep.

Also it’s very simple the type of hero scene people wanted. Since you cut up my original post I’ll make the point again here.
tenor.gif

That’s a hero.
I hated Luke in the original trilogy. I dislike most of the elements in the original movies, but specifically hated Luke.

That said, I felt like the Luke we got in TLJ is completely in line with who he always was - petulant, impulsive, emotional, and someone who blames everything around him when his decisions go wrong. His self-doubt was always self-inflicted. I also believed that his final "battle" (and sacrifice) is completely in line with who we always was while also redeeming his worst traits. He didn't have a face to face battle with his greatest failure; he actually learned, checked his emotions, and "out emotions" Kylo by maintaining his control.

Because he didn't beat Vader and Palpatine. He outs emotions them by having empathy (and whining like a baby).

I get that it wasn't the final stand that fans wanted, but it was the right final stand for Luke.