Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind the games all that much in Simpsons/JP since they're themed.

I definitely mind them a whole lot less than the crappy timeshare dudes

No one wants the timeshares either (or credit card booths). Luckily, they aren't mutually exclusive and we can have neither. Rejoice!

Simply put, they're tacky. They work in the Simpsons area perfectly, because that entire area is intentionally tacky. In the best way. They would be perfect in a Super Silly funland area also.
JP? Strong disagreement there.

No one wants the timeshares either (or credit card booths). Luckily, they aren't mutually exclusive and we can have neither. Rejoice!

Simply put, they're tacky. They work in the Simpsons area perfectly, because that entire area is intentionally tacky. In the best way. They would be perfect in a Super Silly funland area also.
JP? Strong disagreement there.
If they upped the tackiness with retheming to JW then I think they could better fit. But as of now I agree with you.

On the other hand, I do prefer the games over the walls. Vacation club could get walled off and I'd be happy.

I get that the ride will have both jungle and industrial parts, but I think @belloq87 was asking about in between the coaster and the fences. Meaning, how visible is the coaster going to be within the main walkways themselves? If that's not what he was asking, then I am :)

Personally, I hope there is enough foliage that obscures it from view almost entirely. Obviously, you'll see if from the rest of the park, but I think it'd be a great reveal moment walking a path to have a giant coaster reveal itself.

That is kind of what I was asking, but I try not to pester @Alicia (or other insiders) too much with follow-ups and clarifications when she's gracious enough to respond with what she's been hearing!

For me, it's really less of a concern about seeing the coaster and more a concern about how much of the rest of the park we'll be able to see from those paths and how much less remote and isolated the land might feel after all this. I liked the wall of tall greenery filling our field of vision along those paths. Really helped sell the illusion that we were on an island. I want to feel closed-off when walking around in there.

That is kind of what I was asking, but I try not to pester @Alicia (or other insiders) too much with follow-ups and clarifications when she's gracious enough to respond with what she's been hearing!

For me, it's really less of a concern about seeing the coaster and more a concern about how much of the rest of the park we'll be able to see from those paths and how much less remote and isolated the land might feel after all this. I liked the wall of tall greenery filling our field of vision along those paths. Really helped sell the illusion that we were on an island. I want to feel closed-off when walking around in there.
It’ll be very jungley behind those fences, so should go back to feeling closed in on the path in front of River Adventure like it used to, only, now with some bits of coaster visible through the trees. It’s crazy that we can see clear through to Toon Lagoon from inside JP now, but that’s only temporary thankfully.

Steel sheet piles, either used permanently as a soil hold back, or could just be used as a temporary construction measure for a deep excavation.

I think trench boxes would be used for temporary construction measure, these are permanent
Trench boxes are only good for linear excavtions. Larger excavations say for elevator pits, large raft foundations and other deep items are typically done using sheet piles. The sheets also do a good job of slowing down groundwater intrusion while a trenchbox wont. Being this close to the lake I can see where this would be an issue.

Or as you say it could be permanent. Without seeing plans no way to tell at the moment.

Mercy, look at the large building they have installed in front of the DC! No wonder they covered the windows. Sinful.

You talking about the work trailer?

Definitely hope these aren't permanent. I expected the themed Jurassic Park electrified fencing.
I don’t believe there will be any electric fences in front of the Discovery Center along the waterfront. They’ll be mostly along the walkway across from Pizza Predattoria and River Adventure.

I don’t believe there will be any electric fences in front of the Discovery Center along the waterfront. They’ll be mostly along the walkway across from Pizza Predattoria and River Adventure.
Ok, that soundss fine. As long as they're not too visible, I'm good.

they're definitely permanent, but they won't be visible.

I'm... I'm sorry, what are we worried about exactly? A steel wall? It can't be that bad. Especially in a land where you could probably make temporary construction stuff act as theming and nobody could tell the difference.

Seriously, how is "Blue Iron" not the name of an evil company in Jurassic World 3? Either that or it's a protein shake for raptors.

I'm... I'm sorry, what are we worried about exactly? A steel wall? It can't be that bad. Especially in a land where you could probably make temporary construction stuff act as theming and nobody could tell the difference.

Seriously, how is "Blue Iron" not the name of an evil company in Jurassic World 3? Either that or it's a protein shake for raptors.
Not worried, just commenting on construction. Those will not be visible in the end.

There is so much land preparation for this ride. Does it feel to you all like there is more land preparation for this ride than there was for Hagrids? Is it because it is so close to the water or is this area going to be something really special when it is done with multi-layers? Kind of naive when it comes to construction?

This thread has kind of dried up since it is taking a while for them to begin constructing the coaster track. They will build the track before they build the building, right? Not even sure if that is a stupid question.

There is so much land preparation for this ride. Does it feel to you all like there is more land preparation for this ride than there was for Hagrids? Is it because it is so close to the water or is this area going to be something really special when it is done with multi-layers? Kind of naive when it comes to construction?

This thread has kind of dried up since it is taking a while for them to begin constructing the coaster track. They will build the track before they build the building, right? Not even sure if that is a stupid question.
The land under Toon Lagoon is, um, not exactly stable. That's all I'll say about that for now.

The land area is more visible than Hagrid's was so it seems larger, Hagrid is much larger.

As for what the build first: SDMT and Guardians had the show building constructed first or at the same time as the track. RnR and Tron both had the coaster track installed first then the building was built around it. I'm guessing the track will come first with rock work and buildings being built shortly after.

The land under Toon Lagoon is, um, not exactly stable. That's all I'll say about that for now.

I don't have inside info but this doesn't surprise me and probably isn't a surprise to them, just extra work.

Status
Not open for further replies.