Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

I don't think Universal wants to be responsible for broken switches after a day at Universal hints the wristband that connects with the switch once you go home.

I think though, wouldn't that be more of the guest's fault than that of Universal or Nintendos?

I'm guessing the Switch will get an App on the console/hybrid (along with maybe something on Mobile Apps) that connects you with the wristbands. The question I have, is if the App will be available globally at the time of 2020, or if it'll be JP Exclusive initially for the sake of it being first in Osaka.

I think though, wouldn't that be more of the guest's fault than that of Universal or Nintendos?

I'm guessing the Switch will get an App on the console/hybrid (along with maybe something on Mobile Apps) that connects you with the wristbands. The question I have, is if the App will be available globally at the time of 2020, or if it'll be JP Exclusive initially for the sake of it being first in Osaka.

Still a bad look on the park...I know during previous Universal Cool Japan back when they had Yokai Watch and Monster Hunter they had a gaming room where people paid on their various DS systems but then again the DS is way more durable than the switch and also at a much lower price point. Just my two cents.

Also Universal is putting tons of interactive games in the land, if you aren't playing those games and playing your switch, they aren't getting a positive return on investment and those features will end up getting cut or not maintained.

Still a bad look on the park...I know during previous Universal Cool Japan back when they had Yokai Watch and Monster Hunter they had a gaming room where people paid on their various DS systems but then again the DS is way more durable than the switch and also at a much lower price point. Just my two cents.

Also Universal is putting tons of interactive games in the land, if you aren't playing those games and playing your switch, they aren't getting a positive return on investment and those features will end up getting cut or not maintained.

But, wouldn't it be the opposite, because the Wristbands are directly involved for the sake of the App on the Switch and for the interactive elements and features throughout the land? I would assume some people (especially like in Osaka and/or Japan) that there is restraint for people from just whipping out Switches in crowded places.

But, wouldn't it be the opposite, because the Wristbands are directly involved for the sake of the App on the Switch and for the interactive elements and features throughout the land? I would assume some people (especially like in Osaka and/or Japan) that there is restraint for people from just whipping out Switches in crowded places.

"Whipping Out Your Switch In A Crowded Place" has to be a geeky innuendo for flashing. If it isn't already, i'm gonna make it one.

"Whipping Out Your Switch In A Crowded Place" has to be a geeky innuendo for flashing. If it isn't already, i'm gonna make it one.
giphy.gif

__

Coming back to the photos, as I'm just getting to it now..and wow.

Nintendo and Universal will offer a ton of gaming in that area. It would be beyond stupid to go and sit in a corner to play on your Switch and miss out on the things you can only do at Universal and not in your hotel room or at home. But if you really want to, due to whatever mental disorder one may have, I'm sure Universal is okay with it because they also allow phones and tablets in the park. ;)

But if you really want to, due to whatever mental disorder one may have, I'm sure Universal is okay with it because they also allow phones and tablets in the park. ;)

Real classy Tielo... Real classy. Way to kill the energy in the room like a rat who bit down on an electrical cable. And just like that rat, you both have an action you'll soon come to regret.

Nintendo and Universal will offer a ton of gaming in that area. It would be beyond stupid to go and sit in a corner to play on your Switch and miss out on the things you can only do at Universal and not in your hotel room or at home. But if you really want to, due to whatever mental disorder one may have, I'm sure Universal is okay with it because they also allow phones and tablets in the park. ;)
Flash back to 2016 when they had this monster hunter the real for universal cool Japan.
175C9256-FDA2-44C5-BEF8-46243784DC36.png 0757DF3F-EE98-49E9-9ECA-A5F48090C5DF.png But they also had this^ an area to play 3DS inside the theme park to get some exclusive game content.
There is a bit of a different culture out here in Japan. But don’t worry if you happen to go out here to see USJ and you see people on their switches doing whatever they are doing, there’s one less person that is in line.

Really, you went with mental disorder (sigh)
Real classy Tielo... Real classy. Way to kill the energy in the room like a rat who bit down on an electrical cable. And just like that rat, you both have an action you'll soon come to regret.
I'm sorry if I offend you or anyone on this planet. I thought the ;) was enough indication my post wasn't mean spirited. And a special thanks to AstroOwl52 for wishing me a horrible death, it's the first time and that makes it special. ;)

Flash back to 2016 when they had this monster hunter the real for universal cool Japan.
View attachment 10993 View attachment 10994 But they also had this^ an area to play 3DS inside the theme park to get some exclusive game content.
There is a bit of a different culture out here in Japan. But don’t worry if you happen to go out here to see USJ and you see people on their switches doing whatever they are doing, there’s one less person that is in line.
Once again....thanks much for your coverage of the parks in Japan. :thumbsup::toast:

I'm sorry if I offend you or anyone on this planet. I thought the ;) was enough indication my post wasn't mean spirited. And a special thanks to AstroOwl52 for wishing me a horrible death, it's the first time and that makes it special. ;)

Oh no.... I just realized how that sentence came out. Wow. Ok. That is 100% my bad. I am so so sorry. I don't what came over me. I wouldn't wish death upon anyone but i can see how that implies such a message.

Now, i took a moment to think about this whole scenario and this is what i have to say: Tielo, even if the message was unintentional, i realize that what i said was morally abhorrent and doesn't reflect on me as a person. As a result, i'm willing to accept any punishments that come my way to repent for my behavior.

However, i will still stand by the belief that your comments on mental disability and your use of a disability slur was deeply offensive and for someone who has suffered because of the mental disabilities of others, it hit to close to home.

My anger got the best of me and I deeply apologize for my behavior. I hope we can put this behind us.

Any insiders or anyone else have any info on how construction on the Mario Kart and Yoshi attractions are coming along? As in, everything on schedule?