Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

That was the idea lol...we *did* have SMSM rate at Endless...but all of the extra activities and amenities at CBBR were the major draw...and I wanted to have 2 days of express *just* in case....if I had not gotten such a great rate for RPR I would have just taken CBBR...but at the $185 rate I felt it was a good price to pay for ride insurance lol. Next year we'll have to see how the holiday dates fall ect....thinking about a stay that bridges across the beginning of XMas festivities so that we can see the regular castle show and the non holiday park look. I'm hoping they plan on starting holiday things the weekend of 11/14-11/15 next year...with the way the calendar falls..I'm afraid it may be 11/20-11/21 though.
Yes. We're catching it just as it starts this year. Disney will be decorated and the Universal stuff starts (Nov. 16 once we get there also (Nov 13 to Nov. 23rd vacation )...Nice to have Express pass for a few days. Knock off all the rides, and repeats those days, and then take it easy when at CBBR....We even had a few days where it was warm enough (high 70's low 80's) to hit the pool without freezing when out of the heated water.

Last edited:
Yes. We're catching it just as it starts this year. Disney will be decorated and the Universal stuff starts (Nov. 160 once we get there also (Nov 13 to Nov. 23rd vacation )...Nice to have Express pass for a few days. Knock off all the rides, and repeats those days, and then take it easy when at CBBR....We even had a few days where it was warm enough (high 70's low 80's) to hit the pool without freezing when out of the heated water.

We're on the same exact wave length then lol. If we weren't going 12/3-12/11 I would be going the exact same time you are...and hopefully that works out next year...I need to make sure we get out of there BEFORE the Sunday before Thanksgiving though....that's when the crowds really build from what I can gather from research.

Yep...that's the plan with the express...going to spend a solid 1-2 hours in Diagon one morning and the same in Hogsmead the next to take advanatge of the lower early morning crowds there and then use those express passes to make up for all of the really short lines we would have had earlier on for the rest of the rides. Get some rerides in as well and then be able to take it easy and do all of the shows ect the rest of the week. Also was hoping that its warm enough to take advantage of the pool options at CBBR too :) Seems like we are sharing a brain on this Universal stuff haha. looking forward to some potential lazy river and hot tub time *fingers crossed* Just trying to do my best to figure out keeping the food expenses under control. That's the biggest challenge I see currently....2 adults 2 teenage boys and a 7yr old boy...I'm trying to keep us under the $1k mark over the 8 days....that could prove difficult with the numbers I'm seeing. Certainly looking at getting some breakfast foods delivered to eat in before we hit the parks....it's the dinner that I'm going to be struggling to fit in the budget. I think we can get by with about $100 a day when in the parks between lunch and snacks.

We're on the same exact wave length then lol. If we weren't going 12/3-12/11 I would be going the exact same time you are...and hopefully that works out next year...I need to make sure we get out of there BEFORE the Sunday before Thanksgiving though....that's when the crowds really build from what I can gather from research.

Yep...that's the plan with the express...going to spend a solid 1-2 hours in Diagon one morning and the same in Hogsmead the next to take advanatge of the lower early morning crowds there and then use those express passes to make up for all of the really short lines we would have had earlier on for the rest of the rides. Get some rerides in as well and then be able to take it easy and do all of the shows ect the rest of the week. Also was hoping that its warm enough to take advantage of the pool options at CBBR too :) Seems like we are sharing a brain on this Universal stuff haha. looking forward to some potential lazy river and hot tub time *fingers crossed* Just trying to do my best to figure out keeping the food expenses under control. That's the biggest challenge I see currently....2 adults 2 teenage boys and a 7yr old boy...I'm trying to keep us under the $1k mark over the 8 days....that could prove difficult with the numbers I'm seeing. Certainly looking at getting some breakfast foods delivered to eat in before we hit the parks....it's the dinner that I'm going to be struggling to fit in the budget. I think we can get by with about $100 a day when in the parks between lunch and snacks.
The CBBR food court prices are very reasonable, and the food's pretty good.

The CBBR food court prices are very reasonable, and the food's pretty good.
Yeah....we'll check things out at CBBR while there...maybe do Chinese delivery or pizza delivery while at RPR. I'll have to weigh the options once we get on site. If I do delivery I think I can stay in the $150 a day range between parks and dinner in the room...I'll have a better idea when we get down there.

staying sunday for the first time...sorry for the noob questions.
how far of a walk is it to City Walk? Looks far on the map.
Is the sidewalk "safe" to walk at night? We will likely coming back late.
If not, how late to the shuttle buses run during HHN?
Any quick tips/food recommendations?
I read online that you have to bring your own float for the lazy river?

Well lit and safe. About 15 walking fast

I can answer a few
I think the walk is around 10 mins and you arrive at a small security area near Margaritavillle.
Yeah I would say its safe. You generally see a lot of guest walking it even late at night.
If you like burgers I would definitely try their Cabana Bay burgers. They are soooooo good! The breakfast is pretty decent too. (I judge based on the sausage and pancakes)

I prefer to walk over to the Sapphire Fall taxis over the buses for the following reasons.
1. You get dropped off right in the middle of city walk already close to both parks
2. Going through security is a lot smoother and less crowded.
3. Depending on the day it can be a lot faster. (Traffic can be a mess right before HHN starts and it takes forever)

Your going to love Cabana Bay. It has a charm to it that some hotels like Aventura just doesn't have. Even the fitness center is really cool and unique. The music they play there is really fun too.

I can answer a few
I think the walk is around 10 mins and you arrive at a small security area near Margaritavillle.
Yeah I would say its safe. You generally see a lot of guest walking it even late at night.
If you like burgers I would definitely try their Cabana Bay burgers. They are soooooo good! The breakfast is pretty decent too. (I judge based on the sausage and pancakes)

I prefer to walk over to the Sapphire Fall taxis over the buses for the following reasons.
1. You get dropped off right in the middle of city walk already close to both parks
2. Going through security is a lot smoother and less crowded.
3. Depending on the day it can be a lot faster. (Traffic can be a mess right before HHN starts and it takes forever)

Your going to love Cabana Bay. It has a charm to it that some hotels like Aventura just doesn't have. Even the fitness center is really cool and unique. The music they play there is really fun too.

Thanks, do the water taxies service at night as well?
Im not really worried about walking there...more about walking back.

Yeah until 2:30 AM I believe. I'm usually so tired after HHN I just water taxi back also. It's so much better and relaxing then dealing with the huge crowds back to the garage/buses/etc...

Ok, so you don't need to stay at the sapphire to use the Taxi, I'm assuming. Thanks for your help.

Yes, you need to bring your own float, or purchase one at the kiosk next to the lazy river. They'll blow yours up for you....There's a big positive to this. The Lazy River rarely gets crowded with kids since there's no free rafts. I love this system. It's a lazy river that you can usually relax on.

Yes, you need to bring your own float, or purchase one at the kiosk next to the lazy river. They'll blow yours up for you....There's a big positive to this. The Lazy River rarely gets crowded with kids since there's no free rafts. I love this system. It's a lazy river that you can usually relax on.

You know I've been there 2 times and I still haven't used their lazy river. Well this time I'm going to make sure I try it out on a non-HHN night.

To clarify this is due to no on site cleaning facility for the tubes. They do sell them at cost and they are themed so they’re great souvenirs.

To clarify this is due to no on site cleaning facility for the tubes. They do sell them at cost and they are themed so they’re great souvenirs.
Whatever the reason, it works out great since the lazy river is more relaxing because of that. We've spent many quality hours in the river, and it's probably the only one I've ever been in that doesn't get overcrowded with splashing kids. We actually still have the tubes from the first season the hotel was open, and just last May, as the employees were filling them with air, they commented on how much more colorful they were than the present ones.....and, yes, they are inexpensive to purchase

Staying at CBBR for the first time in a standard room....Are the these rooms connected to the main building? Ie, will I be able to walk to the food court etc without? going outside.

How late do the pool hours tend to be open mid-september, and how busy is that time of year? And how much are adult sized tubes for the lazy river?

Sorry for the thousands of questions hahaa! Thank you for any help :)

Staying at CBBR for the first time in a standard room....Are the these rooms connected to the main building? Ie, will I be able to walk to the food court etc without? going outside.

How late do the pool hours tend to be open mid-september, and how busy is that time of year? And how much are adult sized tubes for the lazy river?

Sorry for the thousands of questions hahaa! Thank you for any help :)
The standard rooms in the towers are inside access to the food court and the pools are open til 10 weather permitting, Tubes are $8 . Rooms are connected to the lobby/foodcourt area