Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

It is all very enticing... how 5 years of work and redesigns and changes will all play out. Will they be fantastic new achievements or ho hum? We wait.
Crazy to think how soon it all is though. If spring is the opening testing would begin relatively soon I’d like to think at least for Mario Kart.

I'm actually surprised that I'm more looking forward to Mario Kart ride details than the land itself.

When it was announced, I was certain it would be the latter.

But the fact no one knows/can leak what MarioKart is going to be after all the changes is actually refreshing.

I'm actually surprised that I'm more looking forward to Mario Kart ride details than the land itself.

When it was announced, I was certain it would be the latter.

But the fact no one knows/can leak what MarioKart is going to be after all the changes is actually refreshing.
I feel like I haven't followed the Mario Kart development much, how many changes have really been made? I saw the leaked early concept art photo on park stop, but not sure how accurate that will actually end up being to the ride itself.

I truly will fall to my knees and cry when I see Mario Kart.

I do wonder when we’ll get a little more concept art for each attraction though. Considering they’re opening within the next 10 months most likely, really curious when the marketing push will start.

Last edited:
I truly will fall to my knees and cry when I see Mario Kart.

I do wonder when we’ll get a little more concept art for each attraction though. Considering they’re opening within the next 10 months most likely, really curious when the marketing push will start.
I think Mario Kart is going to be underwhelming but I would gladly accept being wrong once I ride it in Hollywood.

I think Mario Kart is going to be underwhelming but I would gladly accept being wrong once I ride it in Hollywood.
If the leaked concept art is accurate of the layout, probably one of the most visually impressive rides out there. My only concern is that its not going to feel super fast and less like a race and more of a themed dark ride, which it is, but you know what Im saying.

Wouldn't it be cool if, for the grand opening ceremony, they had Mario trampoline jump up on the bottom cloud platform, jump his way to the top then another trampoline jump to the top of the flag pole and slide down with fireworks following? Maybe even 1, 3 and 6 bursts as an easter egg to the original NES Super Mario Bros. where if your score ends in 1, 3 or 6, you get that many bursts.

Looks so great, really hope we get some new aerials soon as more and more is being revealed.

Don't hold your breath, even when we do get aerials they are usually from the Park Front Hotel which is too far away :shrug: I'll keep looking though!

I vote we start a crowdfunder to get Bio over there...