Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Us

Calling on Legacy or anyone else who may know...

What happened to Pluto, at least as of Friday night? I remember him having been crawling on the floor behind the living room curtain to the point that I was really worried about stepping on him. Because of that, I actually warned one of the women I was going with to watch out for him since he’s so small. However, last Friday had a grinning Umbrae as the scare instead.

Not that this scare wasn’t effective, but was that just a reserve issue, or did they replace Pluto due to safety/whatever reason?

Calling on Legacy or anyone else who may know...

What happened to Pluto, at least as of Friday night? I remember him having been crawling on the floor behind the living room curtain to the point that I was really worried about stepping on him. Because of that, I actually warned one of the women I was going with to watch out for him since he’s so small. However, last Friday had a grinning Umbrae as the scare instead.

Not that this scare wasn’t effective, but was that just a reserve issue, or did they replace Pluto due to safety/whatever reason?

Can't speak much about anything behind the scenes, but I've had multiple runs through that house (15+) with both casts since it's one of my favorites, and in that scene I've had several combinations of Abraham, Umbrae, and Pluto scares while Red stares menacingly. Had a glorious run on Saturday night where I got hit by all three for the first time. Haven't been back since though, so it could be possible that they've removed something but I really hope they didn't.

Can't speak much about anything behind the scenes, but I've had multiple runs through that house (15+) with both casts since it's one of my favorites, and in that scene I've had several combinations of Abraham, Umbrae, and Pluto scares while Red stares menacingly. Had a glorious run on Saturday night where I got hit by all three for the first time. Haven't been back since though, so it could be possible that they've removed something but I really hope they didn't.
All three as in Abraham, Pluto, and Umbrae? Or Abraham, Pluto/Umbrae, Red? ...Or another combination? I’d love to hear about it!

All three as in Abraham, Pluto, and Umbrae? Or Abraham, Pluto/Umbrae, Red? ...Or another combination? I’d love to hear about it!

Both Pluto and umbrae use that scene. Pluto first to your right, low, then Abraham to your left, then umbrae to your right coming out of the “same” curtains as Pluto (same curtains, different boo hole)

The whole time Red is doing her scene in the living room.

You probably just missed Pluto resetting or something like that. Hope that helps!

Both Pluto and umbrae use that scene. Pluto first to your right, low, then Abraham to your left, then umbrae to your right coming out of the “same” curtains as Pluto (same curtains, different boo hole)

The whole time Red is doing her scene in the living room.

You probably just missed Pluto resetting or something like that. Hope that helps!
Oh, cool! The space seems so narrow for two scareactors, let alone the room being confined for four! I get so worried about Pluto, but that’s a really neat scare that did actually get me just for the sake of not expecting something coming at my knees!!

Ok so I have a question. On one of my first runs through a house it was all black curtains and it was pitch black. The curtains were moving and it felt like you were being touched.

I am convinced it was US but then again maybe I dreamt it??

Did this happen or am I mad?

Ok so I have a question. On one of my first runs through a house it was all black curtains and it was pitch black. The curtains were moving and it felt like you were being touched.

I believe this was a hallway in Insidious a few years ago, but they use this concept frequently (Scarecrow, and Graveyard Games for example)

I believe this was a hallway in Insidious a few years ago, but they use this concept frequently (Scarecrow, and Graveyard Games for example)

I was looking to see if I have a picture of the effect but it’s basically black curtains with pool noodles on a rotating base. It gives the illusion of being touched.

When you first enter the Us house there is a long curtain corridor with hanging string lights. I'd always assumed the "touching" was just the AC blowing the curtains LOL

When you first enter the Us house there is a long curtain corridor with hanging string lights. I'd always assumed the "touching" was just the AC blowing the curtains LOL

Quite possibly. I just really remember it from the first run though of one of the houses but not on subsequent runs.

Clearly too much beer at finnegans.

Felt like this house overall went pretty downhill. Not sure if it was due to casting issues or something else, but Opening weekend this house was on point, really nailing the psychological thriller/creepy vibe. Halloween and Friday I had some decent runs, but I went through twice on closing night and it was just missing the mark. Some actors looked like they were completely over their role in the house, specifically the actress playing Zora in the scene where she's supposed to be running. One run through had Red actress missing in the rabbit room of the underground and the ops person was just sitting in the middle of the room with a really annoyed face. Last room is the saving grace.

I'm pretty sure I hit one cast way more than another, but shoutout to the actress who was almost always at the end of the tethered hallway, she killed it every time no matter what. Her and Tex with the fake handshake were awesome.

Felt like this house overall went pretty downhill. Not sure if it was due to casting issues or something else, but Opening weekend this house was on point, really nailing the psychological thriller/creepy vibe. Halloween and Friday I had some decent runs, but I went through twice on closing night and it was just missing the mark. Some actors looked like they were completely over their role in the house, specifically the actress playing Zora in the scene where she's supposed to be running. One run through had Red actress missing in the rabbit room of the underground and the ops person was just sitting in the middle of the room with a really annoyed face. Last room is the saving grace.

I'm pretty sure I hit one cast way more than another, but shoutout to the actress who was almost always at the end of the tethered hallway, she killed it every time no matter what. Her and Tex with the fake handshake were awesome.
Agree. My wife loved this house our first run because of how it nailed the tone of the movie, though she could not let go of the fact that the living room didn't have a table, when it's such a big thing in the movie. Later though, there was never a Pluto after my first run. All the SAs just stood there motionless, which is only creepy for a minute or two. I thought the fight at the end was a nice touch until they just decided to stay behind the bunks and BS with each other. Saw this several times. Also saw the Ops person just randomly standing in the rabbit room.

Agree. My wife loved this house our first run because of how it nailed the tone of the movie, though she could not let go of the fact that the living room didn't have a table, when it's such a big thing in the movie. Later though, there was never a Pluto after my first run. All the SAs just stood there motionless, which is only creepy for a minute or two. I thought the fight at the end was a nice touch until they just decided to stay behind the bunks and BS with each other. Saw this several times. Also saw the Ops person just randomly standing in the rabbit room.

I thought I was going crazy! Opening weekend it was the absolute top of my list. Red in the rabbit room was so on-point that I genuinely felt she was staring into my soul. It made me uneasy. Closing weekend there were only a few times she was in the Rabbit room, but Ops had no business being dead center there. Can't even recall any actors in the bunk rooms. I had some pretty solid runs towards the end of September as well, which is what keeps it about mid-tier for me, but time was not kind to this house unfortunately.

The house seem to have had that for a lot of people just a lot missed timing for certain scenes or people just running out into the next too fast to not even see what happened in the room they were in haha, the house could have been done better, they did what they could, I admire the effort, I think Hollywood captured the nuisance of the film abit better especially with their outdoor façade despite the many of black walls in their maze.