Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: House of 1000 Corpses

RIP Sid :(

When I went through last week I asked the Spaulding at the entrance if I could have some chicken. To which he yelled “AFTER THE RIDE, MORON!”
RIP that legend. This is my favorite house this year, gonna be bittersweet this year

After a second run last night this house is way too dark. Briefly mentioned it before, but last night was worse. I actually stood on a poor cast members foot because I could not see them as I entered a room.
I apologised to the darkness, but still have no idea if it was a team member or a scareactor. Felt bad either way. I'm a big heavy lug!

Whichever cast closes went absolutely off their rockers last night, jesus!! Did the house twice from 1:50-2 with my friend who’d just gotten out of his own house, and it was phenomenal. Held eye contact with both Spaulding and Dr. Satan, and then the Professor was losing his poop staring at me and jumping around the room. I can’t describe it as anything but monkey-like excitement; it was so bizarre. As far as I know, I didn’t know that scareactor, and the actual scareactor I was visiting with didn’t know him either, so it wasn’t about recognition.

The second run actually gave me several great scares, though, because of the deviance of this cast. The two of us went in completely alone, so we stood in the gas station to listen to Spaulding’s entire dialogue trigger and have him interact with only us. All of the Otis’s were spectacular, obviously, and have loved to target me for whatever reason every time I go through, but the dunce cap Otis really got in my way (in the best of ways; I didn’t feel uncomfortable having to stop in the middle of the room because it was almost like I was a part of the story this time with no one else around).

The next Otis ran out of his boo hole and about ten feet down the hallway just to scare the farfanoogin out of me. Didn’t even need a trigger or anything, he just saw that we were coming and ran at us. The Professor was back to his poop again, but even more wild and expressive about it, while Dr. Satan again stared at me, leaned out as far as he possibly could, and nearly had both of his hands (as well as the tools on that one arm) around my head. It was crazy.

On top of all of that, we got some incredibly good scares from people that knew their stuff. The Christmas candy scarer felt very much in a routine the first time, which felt kind of disappointing to me as it felt like thought wasn’t really being given to timing, but again, we were with a few more people at the time. When we were alone, I watched him hide in the dark outside of the boo hole just waiting for us so he could jump at us at the perfect time, and even though I could see his silhouette and saw it coming, I was actually startled by that. Overall, the actors were exceptionally good at syncing their scares up with each other as well as leaving their areas to surprise and knock guests out. I’m in love. What a wild run.

Oh, and the first Spaulding at ~7:30 winked at me, I guess.

Baby doesn’t have a Jerry to scalp tonight! Just watched her do the scare without him or the chair in the room. She instead does it just behind a partition, as if he is just out of sight. I don’t know what’s going on, as if it’s a casting issue, Jerry is generic enough to fill in with just about anybody, but that’s fun!!

Baby doesn’t have a Jerry to scalp tonight! Just watched her do the scare without him or the chair in the room. She instead does it just behind a partition, as if he is just out of sight. I don’t know what’s going on, as if it’s a casting issue, Jerry is generic enough to fill in with just about anybody, but that’s fun!!

That was a person???? I thought it was a dummy lol

That was a person???? I thought it was a dummy lol
...Possibly? I feel like I remember it being a person but maybe I was wrong. I don’t see how the prop could have been in such a condition that they can’t use it for the rest of the night. Just went a second time and it was still absent.

Edit: No, you’re right, watching videos now. Regardless, like I said, I wonder how this thing could possibly have been unusable enough to be gone entirely. Interesting!!

Last edited:
...Possibly? I feel like I remember it being a person but maybe I was wrong. I don’t see how the prop could have been in such a condition that they can’t use it for the rest of the night. Just went a second time and it was still absent.

Edit: No, you’re right, watching videos now. Regardless, like I said, I wonder how this thing could possibly have been unusable enough to be gone entirely. Interesting!!

It could be that a guest broke it somehow lol. Or the wig was damaged

He’s been a person the entire season until tonight. (from my experience.)

Until tonight? Are you going off of him not being there or did you go and see something different tonight?
I have been every week of the event and she’s always had a scareactor to Collaborate with - -

until today.

Tonight - she was solo in both of my runs. Will ask a friend who does ops at this house if she knows anything.

honestly, he could be a mannequin and have the same effect (just like the table victim in Yeti. He’s a snore.)

Last edited:
Seriously disappointed they aren't selling Spaulding's fried chicken at the event. A missed opportunity if you ask me, I know I would buy some! (Feel free to correct e if I'm wrong, even if they are selling fried chicken at the event without linking it to HO1C, I'd still buy some and just pretend it's Spaulding's).

Seriously disappointed they aren't selling Spaulding's fried chicken at the event. A missed opportunity if you ask me, I know I would buy some! (Feel free to correct e if I'm wrong, even if they are selling fried chicken at the event without linking it to HO1C, I'd still buy some and just pretend it's Spaulding's).

I understand it would be cool if they are selling in a Captain Spaulding Clown bag too like in the movie, it would be definitely neat, getting fried chicken and a little souvenir you know but who knows, they probably didn't realize what foods and snacks they were put out for the ips this year, I mean KKFOS was understandable with Cotton Candy and a Candy Bar but also I don't think Hollywood had any themed foods to HOTC's either.

I just learned something kinda interesting this weekend! My boyfriend was a reserve for the Professor and furthered to me that one of the cast’s second Otis (the one after Denise) isn’t wearing a wig. Universal really did just manage to cast a perfect Otis with real, waist-length, platinum-blond hair. I don’t know, that doesn’t really have anything to do with the house itself, but I thought it was such a cool detail to notice while going through once you know it.

What DOES have to do with the house is that everything down to the wallpaper was meticulously recreated by blowing up images from the film to get all of the details right. My tour guide dropped that bit of knowledge and we weren’t even in HoTC!

When I went through this house, my group was basically alone and instead of the usual 'boot up your ass" comment, the initial spaulding stared right at me and recited something that sounded like rules like "one _____, two _____, three _____" I was just so busy looking around me that I don't remember what he was saying....anyone have any ideas what it was??? All the youtube vids are from opening night and include the same line. This was on monday the 21st if that helps.

When I went through this house, my group was basically alone and instead of the usual 'boot up your ass" comment, the initial spaulding stared right at me and recited something that sounded like rules like "one _____, two _____, three _____" I was just so busy looking around me that I don't remember what he was saying....anyone have any ideas what it was??? All the youtube vids are from opening night and include the same line. This was on monday the 21st if that helps.
Reciting like speaking out loud or was it a different trigger? And what do you mean it’s included in the opening night videos? I can’t find anything but the skeet king line. I do know that there is another trigger; not sure about the first half, but he does that little clucking song thing that he does in the commercial at the very beginning of the movie. I think they’ve just added on more dialogue, or possibly fixed a broken trigger? Anyway, I can listen out for you when I go again! That’s so cool!