Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

I don’t think I would ever consider Adventura. The place is just everything I am not looking for on a vacation.

After staying here I’m fascinated to see what the place does to the I-Drive around it. I would not be surprised to see Uni ending up with more land around that lake

I can see the hotels having a massive decline but the IHOP and other shops nearby could see a great boost with that many rooms nearby.

When you got the bus, did you have to show a keycard?

That’s the interesting point. The cheaper price justifies the location.

Once the hotel fully opens, they’re onto a winner. From appearance alone, I’d rather stay here than Aventura. Plus the closeness to I drive takes you just outside the bubble which a lot of people can see as an upside.

There is a massive fence around the whole property with the only walking entrance is the bus/car entrance off of Uni Blvd. It'd be quicker to travel to CityWalk than walking to anything else on I Drive.

There is a massive fence around the whole property with the only walking entrance is the bus/car entrance off of Uni Blvd. It'd be quicker to travel to CityWalk than walking to anything else on I Drive.

That answers my question about people being able to walk in and use the bus to get to Universal.

I understand why but that kind of kills the idea of cheaper food options but if the food is as good and reasonably priced in Surf as it is in Cabana, then you wouldn’t need to go else where.

That answers my question about people being able to walk in and use the bus to get to Universal.

I understand why but that kind of kills the idea of cheaper food options but if the food is as good and reasonably priced in Surf as it is in Cabana, then you wouldn’t need to go else where.

It wouldn’t be that hard to go elsewhere. Annoying, but not impossible

I ate breakfast and lunch at the resort and the food is ok, while it's "cheap" it's still a poor value for quality.

Stayed for 10 nights mid Sept. Honestly cannot fault this resort at all. We were upgraded free of charge for our 10 night stay to a 2 bed suite. Room was very clean and spacious. Read a few bad reviews regarding housekeeping but didn't have any issues. Only ate from the cafeteria once during the stay but it was nice and pretty affordable. Shuttle to and from the park was great. Never had to wait for it it was always there. The only issue I had, and it is a small issue, is accessing I-Drive from the hotel is a bit of a pain (either walking through the parking garage or walking from the bottom of the hotel on Universal Blvd up). For the price, you really can't beat it.

Man, can it be true that ESR is sold out the first week of December? Looks like the only hotel with availability is Cabana Bay.. I thought the first week of December would be a low time haha

I'm showing availability. You'er searching for Surfside and not accidentally for Dockside, right?
Yep. December 3rd to the 8th.

I got this message at the top of the page:" The property is currently unavailable for the selected date(s). Please select an alternative date, adjust the number of nights of your stay, or select another on-site hotel. Alternate properties are listed below".

Yep. December 3rd to the 8th.

I got this message at the top of the page:" The property is currently unavailable for the selected date(s). Please select an alternative date, adjust the number of nights of your stay, or select another on-site hotel. Alternate properties are listed below".
Must be the 8th. There's availability up to the 7th.

Man they're going to be able to pack a bunch of people in there.

I absolutely loved my stay here however. The distance and the bus system was definitely fine. Haven't been to Uni in 5 years or so, so honestly I can't compare it to Aventura or Cabana bay/VB area in terms of closeness to the parks, I've never even been over to those areas which is kinda crazy to think about. My bf and I were only here a few days so didn't look into it really. Is it truly not possible to walk over from here? It'd be a good distance but we don't mind really. We happily stuck with the busses but we enjoy our walks together honestly and a walk over to Hogsmeade during a week long stay sounds lovely.

I absolutely loved my stay here however. The distance and the bus system was definitely fine. Haven't been to Uni in 5 years or so, so honestly I can't compare it to Aventura or Cabana bay/VB area in terms of closeness to the parks, I've never even been over to those areas which is kinda crazy to think about. My bf and I were only here a few days so didn't look into it really. Is it truly not possible to walk over from here? It'd be a good distance but we don't mind really. We happily stuck with the busses but we enjoy our walks together honestly and a walk over to Hogsmeade during a week long stay sounds lovely.
It would be possible, and the distance is about the same as Portofino or CBBR are from the parks, if you walk their beautiful pathways. . HOWEVER, it would be a walk with poor sightlines, and require crossing roads against traffic.

It is absolutely possible to walk, we walk from I-Drive most days.

Awesome, thanks guys! I figured as much but we were being lazy and just genuinely didn’t look closely into it. Don’t mind crossing traffic, used to frequently stay at the Holiday Inn across the street!