Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Endless Summer Resort - Surfside and Dockside Inn & Suites

I think it’s a shorter walk than Cabana, or at least a shorter bus ride.

I enjoy the walks from the resorts to the parks, it’s a real hidden treasure and a good way to unwind on the way back to the room and get those steps up.

Awesome, thanks guys! I figured as much but we were being lazy and just genuinely didn’t look closely into it. Don’t mind crossing traffic, used to frequently stay at the Holiday Inn across the street!

IMHO take the bus. You’ll walk past the bus stop at the resort and at UOR while walking. Plus it’s just not that safe.

IMHO take the bus. You’ll walk past the bus stop at the resort and at UOR while walking. Plus it’s just not that safe.
Ya I mean I’ll see next time I’m there. I really didn’t scope out the walking to their. I was spoiled by my mom having the walks back to Hard Rock and Royal Pacific, those were the absolute perfect wind down. Might not be to Endless Summer though. I’ll give it a shot once at least

I think it’s a shorter walk than Cabana, or at least a shorter bus ride.

I enjoy the walks from the resorts to the parks, it’s a real hidden treasure and a good way to unwind on the way back to the room and get those steps up.
The walk's about the same, the bus ride is shorter....time wise....especially now that CBBR bus stops at Aventura.

For those walking to the parks (warning: it's a hike) or exploring the area, you can also just walk through the parking garage and exit right onto I-Drive. Subway is probably five minutes from the lobby.

Now whether or not you consider Subway to be an upgrade on the food court, that's up for debate.

Not sure if this was known or we were waiting for official confirmation but Dockside is opening March 17, 2020.
I really loved Surfside, so excited to see how this compares. Im sure its quite similar but excited to see the final design. Exciting!

I would have liked to get more info about when the second tower will open, but still nice to have confirmation of an opening date.

I take that to mean Dockside will open in phases.
It's pretty clear from the current state of construction that the south tower won't be ready in March:

I would guess it will be ready sometime between mid summer and mid fall, but it's hard to know anything more specific than that.

On site Universal hotel rates jump big time during the Easter holidays, Spring break, mid summer and Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years holidays. Universal hotels have more of a three tier pricing level than Disney, which is basically high straight across the board. Always best to vacation at Universal during their 'value hotel rate' , lower attendance projections, times, if you can swing it.