Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't shock me for a few reasons to see Smash Bros come to fruition:

1. Rumored that some of the tech being used in Bourne could be used here, if that gets good reception thats a good plus for Smash Bros

2. SNW is supposedly the "anchor" for Epic Universe, have 4 main attractions puts it above every other land, which seems to have 2 or 3.

3. SNW could use a show, anyways.

4. In one of @Alicia videos she mentioned the creator of Super Smash Bros was wanting this to happen, which doesn't mean it will, but it seems like a massive budget is being thrown towards EU so this likely only helps its case.

5. SNW Orlando will likely want to be a little different from USH and USJ versions (or so id think) so I'm expecting DK and Super Smash Bros to appear here to draw crowds to the Orlando version as well.

Again, I don't doubt that they're brainstorming a Smash Bros show.

I doubt they'll ever come up with one that doesn't suck. It's just not a property that lends itself to a do-able show.

I think that it's going to be like Dreamworks Theater, but I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing. Really depends on how they handle the effects.

I think that it's going to be like Dreamworks Theater, but I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing. Really depends on how they handle the effects.
Idk I feel this could work. I may just be a sucker for anything Smash Bros but this is how I see it working best. No live actors in costumes I think that could make it weird. Going to be difficult to pull off however I don't disagree with that, but that doesn't mean they won't do it for the potential $$

Instead of a Smash Bros show, I’d love to see them hold off until the Pokémon area is built and create a battle-type show with TAIT’s screen tech. Make it a musical with songs from the shows/games and I’d be there opening day.

Instead of a Smash Bros show, I’d love to see them hold off until the Pokémon area is built and create a battle-type show with TAIT’s screen tech. Make it a musical with songs from the shows/games and I’d be there opening day.

I'm gonna be honest with you, you had me along for your idea until you brought up the musical idea.

Not that there's anything wrong with musicals, I love the genre, just would rather be a spectator in a immersive, high-tech pokemon battle then a cheesy sing-along that ties into the TV show.

I'm gonna be honest with you, you had me along for your idea until you brought up the musical idea.

Not that there's anything wrong with musicals, I love the genre, just would rather be a spectator in a immersive, high-tech pokemon battle then a cheesy sing-along that ties into the TV show.
I agree. I don't think the characters themselves (from Pokemon or any Nintendo property) should sing or dance.

But the opening song to the American Pokemon Tv show is so memorable (love it or hate it) and would be a great way to start a show. You don't need it to be purposefully "sing along" but I'd bet half the audience would anyway.

Just have some visuals to go along with it, like Pikachu (animatronic puppet) and Ash (actor) traveling to different regions in a montage sort of scene.

I agree. I don't think the characters themselves (from Pokemon or any Nintendo property) should sing or dance.

But the opening song to the American Pokemon Tv show is so memorable (love it or hate it) and would be a great way to start a show. You don't need it to be purposefully "sing along" but I'd bet half the audience would anyway.

Just have some visuals to go along with it, like Pikachu (animatronic puppet) and Ash (actor) traveling to different regions in a montage sort of scene.

I don't know... I'd just prefer a straight-forward immersive Pokemon battle. It's just such a cheesy, late-90's song that would easily take me out of the experience if used directly in the show.

If i we're in charge, i'd create a new, epic orchestral version of the song that would act as the exit music to the attraction, like how FJ and Gringotts use William's score as you return to the load area.

Universal Studios Beijing is set to be facial recognition guinea pig for entrance and more.

And so my fears of a hub open to public comes back.

Some think it can be cool or what ever. Yet for me the thought of fighting through hub crowds of non paying park guest to get to the next land is absolutely nauseating. I see absolutely no benefit to a park guest but for Universal I get it, you get to skip building an entertainment district and theme park separate and just combine the two on the same plot of land. Hell they are even placing a hotel in it too, which I actually do like tho.

Sorry and I am so beyond stoked by this project, and my fears may be wrong, but an open hub I feel will be a huge mistake as paying guest will feel almost cheated by fighting for show and restaurant seats with non paying guests while also having to fight through them to get to each land.

I hope and pray I’m wrong as this would be the only negative I have found with the new resort.

Staying positive or trying to at least.

Universal Studios Beijing is set to be facial recognition guinea pig for entrance and more.

Some think it can be cool or what ever. Yet for me the thought of fighting through hub crowds of non paying park guest to get to the next land is absolutely nauseating. I see absolutely no benefit to a park guest but for Universal I get it, you get to skip building an entertainment district and theme park separate and just combine the two on the same plot of land. Hell they are even placing a hotel in it too, which I actually do like tho.

Sorry and I am so beyond stoked by this project, and my fears may be wrong, but an open hub I feel will be a huge mistake as paying guest will feel almost cheated by fighting for show and restaurant seats with non paying guests while also having to fight through them to get to each land.

I hope and pray I’m wrong as this would be the only negative I have found with the new resort.

Staying positive or trying to at least.

Completely agree with you. But my guess is that whatever can make them the most money is what will be the outcome. So if they think they can make this work and it brings in more cash, sucks to be us.

You might already know this, but for all the other readers;
  1. Open hub does not necessarily need facial recognition.
  2. Facial recognition does not necessarily lead to open hub.
I see absolutely no benefit to a park guest
Three main benefits I can think of (I'm only considering those who bought a ticket):
  1. For hotel guests, it gives those guests an option for quick shopping, dining, and entertainment, without needing to travel off-site or take a bus ride.
  2. For locals who may have an annual pass, it gives them an option to visit with their friends and family who don't have tickets (just for a quick dinner/walk around). -note that I have been in this boat numerous times, where a friend/family member is in town and we're looking for something to do for a half day for free, we might end up going to Disney Springs.
  3. It opens the door to the hub staying open late, giving all ticket holders an option for late night shopping, dining, and entertainment.
paying guest will feel almost cheated by fighting for show and restaurant seats with non paying guests while also having to fight through them to get to each land.
This is assuming a lot. Namely this is assuming the park guest even knows who is a non-paying person vs paying. This is assuming that the hub is more crowded than the lands (which it could be the other way around). This is assuming the park guest sees the hub as the theme park itself, compared to CityWalk which they know is not.

To be clear, I'm not 100% for or against the free hub concept. I think there are ways that it could work. I think the benefits I outlined earlier in this post are significant. But I also understand the logistics involved are complicated and the risks of it hindering our experience as a regular park guest are high.

The way I could see this working, with the highest benefit to most people with the lowest detrimental impact is:
  1. Hub is clearly a part of the park experience during regular theme park operating hours. Operates similar to IOA, for example today is 9am to 8pm. Only ticketed guests are allowed in. Hub may open earlier for ticketed guests who want some breakfast/etc. Hotel and select others might get even earlier entry into specific lands (again, if they have a ticket). Parking lot is full price during regular theme park hours. Admission tickets are only scanned at park entrance (from two sections: parking lot and hotel area).
  2. When the theme park closes, only the lands close, moving guests to hub area. Hub opens to general public (tonight would be 8pm) and parking lot fee is either reduced or free.
  3. Any hub rides stay open, are free for anyone who has a full day ticket (scanned at entrance to ride), but extra fee for anyone who doesn't. Disney Springs charges $20 for their little balloon ride (for adults), ICON's wheel is around $30, so Universal could probably get $25 for a two ride pass on the dueling coaster.
  4. Any hub show buildings transform from their theme park shows in day (free for full ticket guests) into a separate ticketed show by night. Some examples:
    1. Super Smash Bros-like building used for an indoor night show akin to Blue Man Group or Cirque.
    2. A smaller show building like the Horror Makeup could be a building used for improv comedy.
    3. Massive IMAX style theater attractions would be easily transformed from day to night (just show a different 3D movie).
    4. Amphitheatre from concept art could hold a live show (like Fear Factor) during day and concerts at night
    5. Note that theming for these attractions could be changed between day/night using digital signage, lights, music, and easily movable/swappable physical pieces
  5. The hub stays open until 2am.
  6. Universal opens certain lands for events. For example:
    1. Company ABC buys the Paris section for corporate event.
    2. Universal holds Halloween event in Classic Monsters.
    3. SNW opens for "Universal after dark" event, free for hotel guests and extra admission for others.
With the above, you get:
  1. You have no massive crowds during day. I noticed that this is the biggest thing in this thread people have complained about. This is completely solved by only having "free hub" be strictly at night.
  2. Hotel guests, locals, and more get a new Universal entertainment district. You get an extra option of "cheap things to do in Orlando" with someone visiting.
  3. You lose no attractions, and by using a show building for two separate attractions, you (as a park guest) actually gain additional options. Just imagine if they used Blue Man Group venue for a USF attraction during the day... I personally would enjoy having one more attraction I could hit, even if they used it for something basic like Sing.
  4. You gain a late night option. With the above suggestion, the dueling coaster and more stay open and you get to continue to ride those with your park ticket. That's added value.
  5. Notice that it doesn't need facial recognition at all to work. Leave it out if people don't want it.
tl;dr
Keep hub for paid guests during day, free hub at night. Hub attractions stay free at night for ticketed guests and separate ticket for other guests. No facial recognition.

So, the HTTYD Flight of Passage ride rumor, is it expected to be just like flight of passage basically in terms of ride? No complaining, just wondering. I’d love something like that or a more advanced ET type ride

All I've heard is that UC doesn't want to be accused of copying Disney with an almost identical ride as FoP. It may be a flight sim, but they won't do a wall of "link chairs" like FoP. My bet is it won't be a screen based flight sim.
Hm, so moving practical sets to give the illusion you're flying over them? Or, you actually move?

Also, I think this was believed to be in the bottom right of the HTTYD land in the concept art. Glad they're trying to be more innovative though.

Status
Not open for further replies.