Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

Hypothetically speaking, if they go and take over portions of backstage behind Calico Rapids, Mystery Lodge, and Ghostrider; it could be plausible to see.

And before the question of KSF comes to play, they have locations around the park that they can use, as opposed to the backstage buildings.

__

Personally, if the expansion is more about adding more footspace and laying the ground for something in the future, it wouldn't be too surprising if you ask me.

The alleged expansion area that everyone is theorizing over would be nearly impossible to replace. Behind ML we have: the kitchens that serve all of Ghost Town and it’s restaurants as well as their offices and Crew’s Nest (employee cafeteria), Warehouse P which is where all our merch is stored as well as costuming for Scary Farm, the entirety of the park’s administration buildings, wardrobe, the employee training center, as well as various support for the park. Relocating all these services off site would be massively expensive and cumbersome, and take at least two years. The only plausible expansion I see happening is a replacement for the ML and its plot of land

Hypothetically speaking, if they go and take over portions of backstage behind Calico Rapids, Mystery Lodge, and Ghostrider; it could be plausible to see.

And before the question of KSF comes to play, they have locations around the park that they can use, as opposed to the backstage buildings.

__

Personally, if the expansion is more about adding more footspace and laying the ground for something in the future, it wouldn't be too surprising if you ask me.

That’s good to know that they have options.

Had one of my best ever theme park days at Knotts last September. No queues. Got on about 35 rides...very memorable.

The alleged expansion area that everyone is theorizing over would be nearly impossible to replace.
As far as I’m aware Knotts have literally no undeveloped land left, so expansion is impossible. Anything that they do will be an enhancement or replacement.
Actually, both of these statements are not accurate. Knott's doesn't suffer from the same land issues that Universal and Disney often find themselves. Knott's owns numerous lots surrounding the property. The biggest issues is whether or not Cedar Fair will spend the money. The south west parking lot between Western and Crescent has been slated to be the new home of an expanded backstage area (granted these are OLD ideas). They could also relocate facilities to the many dirt/grass lots. That surround the park for infrastructure. A Knott's parking structure would also go a long way. But Cedar Fair is cheap.

Actually, both of these statements are not accurate. Knott's doesn't suffer from the same land issues that Universal and Disney often find themselves. Knott's owns numerous lots surrounding the property. The biggest issues is whether or not Cedar Fair will spend the money. The south west parking lot between Western and Crescent has been slated to be the new home of an expanded backstage area (granted these are OLD ideas). They could also relocate facilities to the many dirt/grass lots. That surround the park for infrastructure. A Knott's parking structure would also go a long way. But Cedar Fair is cheap.

I agree, if Cedar Fair was willing to spend the money, there are a ton of possibilities for expansion. The park's popularity has far outgrown its small, family park roots, and it needs to expand to meet the demand that it currently gets.

Sadly, Cedar Fair seems to be getting cheaper lately(the closure of Vortex and Mystery Lodge are good examples of this), so I don't have much hope that they will be willing to spend the money anytime soon. They aren't even giving Cedar Point anything major for its 150th anniversary next year and the Kings Island Giga is the only noteworthy thing that any of their parks are getting next year.

^Parks generally do not have huge capital expenses on anniversaries. This has been proven over and over again, of course I'm sure there are some exceptions, but they are not the norm. Anyone thinking a big new coaster or multi-million $ attraction showing up doesn't understand how things work and are living in a dream world. It's not them being cheap, it's standard practice. The anniversary is marketable enough without putting in a new shiny toy. You can bet the same thing will occur at Kings Island when it hits 50, a nice celebration and nostalgia type thing.

Vortex is a POS that should have been closed years ago. The only thing that would fix it is to fully retrack it...but then it would have to basically a complete rebuild by Vekoma or S&S since, well, Arrow is not in business. Slapping new trains on it would not fix the issues it has. Ridership has dwindled on it for years. For all we know, there could be something else going on as to why it's closing, it's not them being cheap, I assure you.

Food for thought, perhaps it's Triotech continuing support of the ride system and interactive elements, but having practical environments as opposed to screen based imagery? Especially if it's a larger project; I could see it as a project that could involve more than two groups.

Iron Reef still gets long lines, but that is largely because of how inefficient and slow the loading system is. Hopefully whatever replaces it has higher capacity and a more efficient loading system.

It only took 10 months in to the year, but just found this out yesterday. For those with an all season dining plan, the interval between meals is actually 3 hours and 50 minutes, not 4 hours as advertised. I actually tried timing it to be at the register by the 3:50 mark, but ended up being even earlier about 3:45 after my first meal and the cashier still let me redeem my meal. This was at Boardwalk BBQ where you get your food first so not sure if this would've worked at locations where you order first.

Yeah it’s just way easier to tell people four hours because it makes timing their next meal much easier to figure out, there are dozens of guests a day who show up too early for their meals anyways so the extra ten minutes is really just for their sake

Knotts saw record attendance this year, following the opening of Galaxy's Edge.

I know it's the OC register so it always is going to frame an article with a Disney viewpoint but why
put a picture of galaxy's edge in the article. Sure mention the missteps of Disney but if you are talking about Knotts how about a picture of Knotts.

Knott's offers a good value for a good product. Sure it will never be Disney but it is such a well rounded park. $99 annual pass with no blackouts and $70 for the season parking you can not go wrong. A solid mix of thrill rides and family fun.

I expect this to be a pretty light overlay. Think about it: judging by the artwork, all they have to do is change the color of the rocks surrounding the screen. There would be obvious scenic changes towards the end and the very beginning, but this is about what I expect.

As much as I love the idea of Bear-y Tales returning, it is hard to really care much if there aren't going to be any animatronics. If there were going to be animatronics, it seems like they would want to hype them up in the press release.

Also, Knott's needs to work on capacity so it is possible to go to the park on a moderately crowded day and get to ride things without hour plus waits. Since this will likely have the same horrid capacity and loading issues that Iron Reef does, it does nothing to fix the issues that the park needs to work on the most.