Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Star Tours (DHS)

We could’ve had a version of a Superhero area (obviously not an Avengers area), but Disney put GotG in Epcot and killed any possibility of that happening.
It can be built where Launch Bay and the former Animation Backstage area. Lots of space to work with.

It can be built where Launch Bay and the former Animation Backstage area. Lots of space to work with.
I know there's plenty of room to work with, but now that GotG is being built at Epcot, it kinda kills any land as WDW has limited viable characters to use.

They could've built a land out of GotG, Doctor Strange, The Eternals, Shang-Chi, etc, but they've chosen Epcot as the Marvel park for whatever reason. They want to put Wakanda in WS like idiots.

I know there's plenty of room to work with, but now that GotG is being built at Epcot, it kinda kills any land as WDW has limited viable characters to use.

They could've built a land out of GotG, Doctor Strange, The Eternals, Shang-Chi, etc, but they've chosen Epcot as the Marvel park for whatever reason. They want to put Wakanda in WS like idiots.
I thought it was only GOTG. Also, is the Wakanda rumor real?

I thought it was only GOTG. Also, is the Wakanda rumor real?
I believe Wakanda was Blue Sky at the very least. Of course it would only be Wakanda (and shuri? idk if they could use her) as Black Panther is 100% out of bounds.

The characters Universal has are the Avengers family, X-Men family and Fantastic Four in the COMICS. There are characters that squeak past this contract that WDW can take advantage of should they choose.

I'm confused. They have a billion dollar land for the same IP in the same park yet this completely separate experience is getting updated instead of replaced? I don't get it. It has to be super confusing to guests why it's even there. And then I think how the GP will confuse this with the marketing of Rise of the Resistance. Some people will even think they're just updating smugglers run.

Last edited:
I'm confused. They have a billion land for the same IP in the same park yet this completely separate experience is getting updated instead of replaced? I don't get it. It has to be super confusing to guests why it's even there. And then I think how the GP will confuse this with the marketing of Rise of the Resistance. Some people will even think they're just updating smugglers run.
It helps that Star Tours has been around at Disney parks since the 1980s. It's pretty well known in its own right at this point.