Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Invisible Man

Wonder if the Invisible Man will be the same as the old one. The old one actually had a higher death count far more than any single Friday the 13th or Halloween movie, despite being a horror movie and being made in the early 1930s. I'm also happy the fact that director Leigh Whannell confirmed that his Universal Monster film will be R rated, something that wasn't realized back in the golden age of Hollywood.

From what the trailer shows it kind of reminds me of Candyman. Girl being followed by an unseen man who is trying to make her life miserable no matter the consequences.

Looks like a pretty tense horror-thriller so far, which is good.

I get more a HOLLOW MAN feel from it than anything having to do with the Classic Monsters, but as long as Whannell throws us classic fans a few bones, I'll be happy to go along with his new take.

Bad take, Blumhouse other film Fantasy Island for Sony got moved up to 14 Feb leaving that 28 Feb frame open with no new major release.
THERE’S A FANTASY ISLAND MOVIE IN THE WORKS?! :jawdrop::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::clap::clap::clap:

Do we know how much was spent to make this? Just curious how big of a hit it really needs to be to give Blumhouse a shot at the other monsters...

I get more a HOLLOW MAN feel from it than anything having to do with the Classic Monsters, but as long as Whannell throws us classic fans a few bones, I'll be happy to go along with his new take.
That's probably more a feature than a bug.

That's probably more a feature than a bug.

Yeah. I love Leigh, but his comments that he wanted to get away from the trenchcoat look makes me a bit nervous. This looks like an entertaining/thrilling piece in its own right, but the thing that makes the Universal monsters... Universal monsters is their classic, legendary aesthetic. The characters (other than Gil) are otherwise in the public domain.

Seems interesting but I was hoping for something with a little more style? We've kinda seen the modern take on the Invisible Man already. Should be a fun watch though.