Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Hagrid was built where a coaster already was. This one is going on new ground, and if what I’ve heard is true, some parts of that part of the park are, um, squishy.

Good god, between this and what you said before about Toon Lagoon, it seems like all of IOA is sitting on nothing more than a big pile of mud. Don't wanna know how "squishy" the bottom of the lagoon is.

Good god, between this and what you said before about Toon Lagoon, it seems like all of IOA is sitting on nothing more than a big pile of mud. Don't wanna know how "squishy" the bottom of the lagoon is.
Exactly. Florida is squishy. Certain areas weren’t made to hold 100+ tall track pieces, so it’s not unusual to take a little while to prepare for that.

If it was a coaster replacing another coaster I don’t think it would’ve needed as much prep.

Exactly. Florida is squishy. Certain areas weren’t made to hold 100+ tall track pieces, so it’s not unusual to take a little while to prepare for that.

If it was a coaster replacing another coaster I don’t think it would’ve needed as much prep.

Yeah, cause the preparation is already in place. Universal was just building on the foundation that was left from before.

Obviously the track layout between DD and Hagrid's is different but they definitely have track pieces that are grounded in similar areas. Areas that have, for lack of a better word, already been "de-squishified".

Yeah, cause the preparation is already in place. Universal was just building on the foundation that was left from before.

Obviously the track layout between DD and Hagrid's is different but they definitely have track pieces that are grounded in similar areas. Areas that have, for lack of a better word, already been "de-squishified".
De-squishified is now the new official term.

I know its not happening for Jurassic World, but I hope along with the coaster this entire area gets a revamp. Seeing what Jurassic World is going to be in Beijing is incredible, the new Jurassic World ride seems impressive with the new AAs, for whenever they work haha. Id love if they could somehow get new AAs or a new Dino for River Adventure, the Velocicoaster, and id just LOVE if they somehow would do an expanded walk through attraction for Raptor Encounter. There seems plenty of room to the left of the River Adventure show building, a walk through the jungle with a guide where a Raptor appears, could be so fun and entertaining. Maybe our guide is captured, maybe its meant to be a general jungle tour where "something goes wrong!", or just a general look through the jungle hoping that we catch a raptor, which we obviously will. Would have 3 attractions in this area then. Add a full sit-down restaurant and bar in that area as well.

Discovery Center I think should have some kind of "show" as well, even if its incredibly simple like explaining the dinosaurs that are in the discovery center, again mainly AAs. Or moving robots or something. I think they even count the Colonists singing in the American Pavillion at Epcot as a show, so this could be considered one as well. I know this is all unlikely but I wanted these thoughts out there haha. Im excited for this coaster nonetheless but it'd be nice to see Jurassic Park get a total revamp.

This is also why EU is taking so long for the ground grading to take place.

It’s also the same reason why there’s not more hotels build around Seven Seas Lagoon.

So I guess the de-squishification has completed and we are seeing first signs of vertical construction?
I believe there was some leak where one of the contractors said he wasn't beginning his next Universal project on December of this year. Since we're less than a month away from that I am betting we see some very soon, if not by the end of the year.

It just blows my mind that Universal hasn't announced anything despite the obvious construction zones.

It just blows my mind that Universal hasn't announced anything despite the obvious construction zones.
Between the Epic Universe announcement, SNW in Osaka, the new park in Beijing, SLOP opening in Hollywood soon, Bourne, they have their hands full with announcements. Maybe we get one towards the end of the year but if not then id assume early 2020 we get an announcement with some concept art. Even if its brief concept art like people on a rollercoaster lol

Status
Not open for further replies.