Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

I visited over the summer and maybe it’s cuz I haven’t rode it in a while but I didn’t notice a difference. It seems to be popular and i honestly think it wouldn’t be too smart to get rid of.

Universal has a lot of work to do in this park, honestly. Kidzone, Shrek, Fear Factor Live Are (basically a potential Potter expansion plot which we all know would get moved up on the schedule if ever greenlit), Rip Ride Rocket, are all things that will likely be addressed before this. 10 years I’d say if not more honestly, but at that point add Simpsons to the list as I’d assume some Disney conflict would ensue regarding rights? So another potential thing before it.

For what’s its worth, on a gp basis (growing up in Miami where people go up all the time) most regular visitors of universal i know love RRR and I’m pretty sure it does well on surveys (myself included) Aside from any issues with the ride there may be in terms of operation I don’t see a reason to close it.
I just want KidsZone, Fear Factor and Shrek replaced

And in regards to Simpson’s I don’t think they need to resign their Simpsons deal until whats believed to be 2028 (which they probably wouldn’t) but until then I it’s not necessarily an area that really should worry them (even if the ride is awful). I assume it’s a pretty good food (and merch?) seller, but not something they’ll go out of their way to keep.

Last edited:
For what’s its worth, on a gp basis (growing up in Miami where people go up all the time) most regular visitors of universal i know love RRR and I’m pretty sure it does well on surveys (myself included) Aside from any issues with the ride there may be in terms of operation I don’t see a reason to close it.
I just want KidsZone, Fear Factor and Shrek replaced

And in regards to Simpson’s I don’t think they need to resign their Simpsons deal until whats believed to be 2028 (which they probably wouldn’t) but until then I it’s not necessarily an area that really should worry them (even if the ride is awful). I assume it’s a pretty good food (and merch?) seller, but not something they’ll go out of their way to keep.
Ya with RRR, I'm talking like 5-6 years in the future. I only see it closing due to operational issues and that cost running too high. If they could expand anywhere there ever, they could be something massive as well so I agree no reason to get rid of it but talking long term here. Mainly glad my mummy and Brendon Fraser are here to stay

Ya with RRR, I'm talking like 5-6 years in the future. I only see it closing due to operational issues and that cost running too high. If they could expand anywhere there ever, they could be something massive as well so I agree no reason to get rid of it but talking long term here. Mainly glad my mummy and Brendon Fraser are here to stay
Worries me honestly. Lacking a big coaster would hurt the park a ton imo.

Reasons exist.
Unethical.
How much attendance does the Barney show get? It feels like Universal has an agenda up their sleeves. It’s like they’re doing it on purpose. Closes rides, makes F&F bad. Proposal to close another ride but it’s everyone’s favorite. I’m sorry but that’s a recipe to lose customers and business, and the more I think of it, the more I think they deserve it. It’s time for a change of attitude; if Universal wants to compete with the timeless Disney, then they need to stick to their guns (in this case, the attractions people love that are already good quality), and make the attractions last longer, like Disney does. Everytime I hear Universal closes this and that, I think of temporary carnival attractions. But theme parks require the suspension of time, yes, time, because ultimately that’s what keeps the parks healthy in long-term. quae est disputationi.

Last edited:
I swear to God if this goes before KZ I'm going to throw something.
I agree with you. And it’ll be Mr. Toad style. Instagram pages, Snapchat accounts, everything

We should do a protest. It won’t do anything, but it’ll be a good excuse to meet some of the faces behind the names on the forum.
Oh it will do plenty of things, especially how fast communication can flow through society these days. The park where Mummy is located even has a restaurant themed to it ;)

Last edited:
Is it because it has practical effects? I thought they got the memo with F&F.

Sorry, just so angry right now. :enrage:

(And before someone says anything, yes, I do have bigger worries in life. This is just an outlet for distraction from those bigger worries.)