Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Mandalorian

We loved it. Very intriguing. Hope the episodes get longer...
Yeah, there's definitely something to be said about leaving the audience wanting more, but i'd really prefer the episodes be 45-50+ minutes. 35 is short for a TV show that isn't a sitcom.

I am absolutely floored by The Mandalorian. It feels like a mixture of Dredd (2012), Star Wars (Rogue One to be percise), and TTRPG's in the lore, and I am completely here for it. The visuals are great, and I like the use of the environments, without having to rely on people knowing where we go and what we're doing.

Cannot wait for the next episode tomorrow, as this is exciting as hell.

Anyone what time Episode 2 drops?

I am absolutely floored by The Mandalorian. It feels like a mixture of Dredd (2012), Star Wars (Rogue One to be percise), and TTRPG's in the lore, and I am completely here for it. The visuals are great, and I like the use of the environments, without having to rely on people knowing where we go and what we're doing.

Cannot wait for the next episode tomorrow, as this is exciting as hell.
Star Wars without lightsabers is fun. I have spoken.

Anyone what time Episode 2 drops?

Star Wars without lightsabers is fun. I have spoken.

It’s funny, that’s pretty much exactly what my wife said. Without the force and the extended lore knowledge required to enjoy the main movies, this show is something she can enjoy. It’s a western set in space.

Well that and baby Yoda. Disney are going to make w fortune this Christmas.

Just finished watching Episode 2. I enjoyed this episode quite a bit more and although it was actually shorter than the first episode (28 minutes of actual show vs. 36 in episode 1), it felt like every minute was packed well, making it almost seem longer than Episode 1.

That said, I’m still amazed at the run time being what it is. Although I guess I’m glad they aren’t shoving pointless sub-plots in there to stuff the run time. Sometimes slimmer is better.

This episode was highly enjoyable and fun, I loved seeing YABBA (as I call thee until official name), as it went by really quick. The pacing of these two episodes have been impeccable thus far, as it makes me stoked to see what comes next.

I want to give Disney’s merchandise arm a TON of credit for not creating toys for “baby yoda” before the release of the show to keep spoilers at bay. Seems like a home run in the toy and Merch dept.
It'll happen, it's just a matter of when. People are practically begging to buy a "Baby Yoda" plush.

The most surprising part of that article to me is Stranger Things being the #1 in-demand streaming show, despite the most recent season having been out for 4.5 months already.

not that surprising. It’s a highly promoted show. I mean HHN just ended a couple weeks ago.

I’m assuming they don’t have Mandalorian-specific merch made yet so they just threw out the closest thing they had by using Jango Fett.

yep, that was my thought. I’m sure most folks won’t know the difference. Look forward to the paint job and Mandalorian version for an extra $1.99

My fiancee's family got D+ through Verizon and I finally watched 1 & 2 last night.

The world building of the grimy underside of the Star Wars universe is what I've been itching to see since Rogue One and spin off Star War stories were announced.

I'd love to see more of the potential conflict between remnants of the Empire or Hutt gangsters (I had subtitles on and saw a lot of Huttese being spoken), or even the throwaway line of how people don't want to pay guild rates for Bounty Hunters and people don't mind sloppy work, so there's that potential story there.

Obviously there's only so much they can do within it's confines, but so far I'm all for it. The creators love this world and it shows.

PS-I'm one of those people waiting for a plush.

So far, I think it's okay and a little overhyped. Admittedly Baby Yoda is the most interesting part of the show but it feels like so far this has gone no where. There's some stuff that doesnt make sense in accordance to the Mandalorian itself (like being respected/ admired by so many and having to be on the run at the same) and I agree episodes feel a little short but I still am excited to see where this goes. It definitely looks like Star Wars compared to the last two films (or even Solo for that Matter).