Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knives Out

This film looks like it's gonna be amazing and I can't wait. It seems like it took heavy influence from Clue except it's an actual good movie this time :lol:

Went to see it last weekend, but had to leave about an hour in because my wife got sick.

I thought, of what I saw, it was fine. Nothing spectacular though.

The best movie I’ve seen this year!!

I can definitely see this becoming a series Similar to Agatha Christie’s. Keep the detective, but change the story.

Speaking of whodonits, is the Death on the Nile movie still scheduled for release?

The best movie I’ve seen this year!!

I can definitely see this becoming a series Similar to Agatha Christie’s. Keep the detective, but change the story.

Speaking of whodonits, is the Death on the Nile movie still scheduled for release?
I know Rían Johnson said he would love to make more Benoit Blanc movies (he doesn’t enjoy sequels but since this would be entirely unique unrelated stories he likes the prospect)

I had two question though from the end
(How do I make comments spoiler hidden idk how)

Went to see it last weekend, but had to leave about an hour in because my wife got sick.

I thought, of what I saw, it was fine. Nothing spectacular though.
I’d recommend watching it all. I’d think the same as you if I left halfway but the end product is way better.

You select the ‘plus’ icon above the space you type your message. Then select ‘spoiler.’ Type within the tag that appears for it to be a I think the spoiler hideaway.

Just saw it today, and very much enjoyed it. It's nice to see a "classic" murder mystery set in contemporary times. And it's a great cast! I just wish Toni Collet and Jamie Lee Curtis were in it even longer.

Did remind me a bit of The Last of Shelia... although that movie is a bit more twisted (both in tone and in plot twists), lol. Trivia: not only is The Last of Sheila a very twisted murder mystery, but it was jointly written by Steven Sondheim and Anthony Perkins, who were both known for creating elaborate puzzle parties for friends.

Amazing, had it not been for OUATIH this would be my favorite movie of the year... especially since it was so damn relatable and the movie is a big F.U. to racial hierarchy. I LOVE THIS so much!!! Great allegories toward the end and the integration within a murder mystery which was able to hold its ground even after the first twist was revealed was nothing short of awesome. Seriously go see it.

Just got back from seeing this, being a fan of mysteries, I enjoyed the heck outta' this!

Good characters, writing and just the right dash of humor, it was all and all a very enjoyable film. As others have mentioned, it's best seeing un-spoiled, especially since it doesn't take long for some things to get turned on their head.

An count me in the boat of wanting more Detective Blanc films, and Rian Johnson stated that if the movie does even ok, he'll make more of these films in a heartbeat. Considering the film made double what was projected opening weekend, I'd say it's already done more than "ok", so I think this bodes well for seeing Mr. Blanc again!

I really enjoyed the heck out of this movie. I loved the pacing of this movie and dropping key plot points every so often to keep you engaged. Definitely a must see for everyone. I hope Rian does some more sequels even if it’s just with Benoit Blanc as the only recurring cast. 10/10 for me just a lovely film that didn’t even seem like 2+ hours.