Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

Soft goods? You mean like, food and merchandise?
Correct. And potentially shows as well.

Allow me to argue that we might not see as much of a difference between the versions, when it comes to food (considering Hogsmeade kept the style of food for all the versions (and should keep it as it's style of food for Beijing)).

If it's different in domestic, then I'll be surprised
I hope you’re right. I think they should copy the ideas of the Pokémon Cafe in Tokyo and stick to Japanese style cuisine with “cutesy” designs and food molds. I think Osaka and Orlando should both do that.
I don’t know if they will, though.

I hope you’re right. I think they should copy the ideas of the Pokémon Cafe in Tokyo and stick to Japanese style cuisine with “cutesy” designs and food molds. I think both Osaka and Orlando should both do that.

If anything, I can easily see Hollywood keep the cutesy designs that Osaka is getting; because of how..diverse LA is.

Merch though, I can't see it changing at all.

Correct. And potentially shows as well.

I hope you’re right. I think they should copy the ideas of the Pokémon Cafe in Tokyo and stick to Japanese style cuisine with “cutesy” designs and food molds. I think Osaka and Orlando should both do that.

Oh yeah! That would be a lovely idea! I always thought that food from international parks should come to the states instead of the other way around.

Around the time of Shanghai DL's opening, i remember watching some videos about the park and saw some of the stuff they serve on Main Street. Thought it was really high quality cuisine compared to what we have here which, consider the reputation of disney parks in Asia, is staying well in character.

Food wise I would love to see something like this:
kirbycafe.0.0.jpg

image.jpg

pokemon-cafe-summer-2018-menu-1.jpg

I honestly don’t care anymore how generic my posts are regarding this, I’m so f’ing excited for all this you guys. Literally my #1 theme park dream coming true here.

I think that'll come to Japan but the kawaii food probably won't be coming to the USA.

I think people would go nuts over kawaii food. Especially since most is just rice & a meat. It’s not too different than Satu’li’s menu, just with the food molded and colored.

you’re probably right though, as they feel they have to dumb down everything for American tourists (in particular American theme park tourists). But I think they should give theme park goers a little more credit. And knowing how much they love bringing “insta worthy” items to the parks; it’d be right up there with butter beer and Lard Lads.

I think people would go nuts over kawaii food. Especially since most is just rice & a meat. It’s not too different than Satu’li’s menu, just with the food molded and colored.

you’re probably right though, as they feel they have to dumb down everything for American tourists (in particular American theme park tourists). But I think they should give theme park goers a little more credit. And knowing how much they love bringing “insta worthy” items to the parks; it’d be right up there with butter beer and Lard Lads.
I mean, I'd be 100 percent down for this to come to the US...I could potentially see someone saying it's too adventurous for them. It may be a cost thing too.

It may be a cost thing too.
Cost for who? It doesn’t cost more for UOR, it’s rice and a cheap meat like pork or chicken usually. They also don’t take much longer to make. The Pokémon cafe in Tokyo has a ton of tables. Probably as many as three broomsticks. And they all get served at once because of pikachu coming at the end of the meal (then they reset the entire place). Food is served quick as well.

As for cost to the guest- if it’s similar to satu’li, then you’re taking $12-13/dish? That’s not bad at all.

The grammable coffee and food would make it a smash hit. Disney, even being pretty homogenous, definitely has a few more “risks” on their food than UOR. Sometimes they pull back from that, other times they don’t. Likely because of the non-local:local ratio; whereas UOR, as has been discussed at length, is more locals. And UOR assumes most Florida folk want homogenous, which is probably accurate.

But considering the fact that this is at EU and as they shift to a heavier non-local and tourist %; I’m hopeful the execs decide to branch out a little like they attempted at VB (prior to neutering the menu).

Is there still no opening date for this beyond “in time for the Olympics?”

I’m moving to Japan next year and would be interested to know when I can go down to Osaka for this.

Is there still no opening date for this beyond “in time for the Olympics?”

I’m moving to Japan next year and would be interested to know when I can go down to Osaka for this.

Yes all of us that have already booked trips are waiting patiently every day for that announcement to come out. It’s supposed to be a Spring 2020 opening, but we will see.