Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy Refurbishment (Late 2022)

He’s allowed to leave for other gigs, especially when his concept for Potter was passed over and Universal Parks was in a very, very bad place.
Was his Potter proposal the cheap one or something else?
He’s like my favorite “director” per say for theme park attractions. Everything that guy has built that I’ve been on or seen are my favorites, truly.
Him and Tony Baxter. Absolute legends they are.

If the Ghostbusters franchise can stay relevant, I could see that being the replacement for this using the same tech for the rumored Newt’s Beasts Coaster ride at EU. Kinda like how they used the same ride system for Mosnters, same for Spidey and transformers, etc. Wouldn’t be unprecedented. Not sure if they have theme park rights but we’re talking like 8-10 years from now for opening.

Why hasn’t the mummy been updated to the 2017 version? If it ever gets updated why has it taken so long the Brendan Fraser franchise is so old. Something will have to replace the ride if all else fails in the next decade or so.

Rix Flix just put up a new video stating that he believes Mummy will go down in 2020 for an extended updated. His guess is 6 months long and starting around September if they’re following the Hulk model.