Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hiatus Over

Sep 23, 2012
UK
Hello everyone :wave:

Well, where do I start?

After my Epic trip I have been pretty much absent around here, real life, battles with depression and anxiety paired with a break up with Sam tipped me over the edge and left me just wanting to bury my head in the sand, and that's pretty much what I did. I cut myself off and busied myself with yard chores, the yard looks great but I was suffering.

That wasn't me and isn't me and after a trip over to Orlando in late Sept I came home feeling so much better about life in general, I had my mojo back and I was once again ready to tackle life full on. Since being home Ive weened myself off the pills I was given and am pretty much getting on with life again.

I have a four week trip planned for Jan 20, all booked and paid so looking forward to getting back, once again to the place that seems more like home than home does with each visit. One day, maybe, just one day I will end up full time on the other side off the pond.

As I said I had a trip in Sept and I did visit both Dis & Uni. I will post some thoughts in the relevant threads as I begin to catch up in the forums.

But in a quick nutshell

• Loved Hagrids, strong neck muscles required though
  • Star Wars - Poor ride, Expensive poor drinks, no atmosphere, what happened to the interaction. Hoping resistance makes it worth a revisit (fairly spoiler free up to now)
  • Love DVC villas, always used a studio before. More points please santa.
  • Stayed at Surfside, fab resort at a great price point
  • HHN - OK, I dont know maybe Im getting old and I was ill but I think I could take it or leave it now.
  • Really enjoyed the food at Fords, will be going again in Jan
  • Fried pickles - why have I never come across these before?
  • A lot of work walls at Disney, I get 50th n'all but geeze.
  • Great cast and team members at the resorts
  • checked out the new site and was amazed by the sheer amount of dirt being moved.
  • Buffalo dip at Animal Kingdom, amazingly good.
  • Awesome to catch up with Bob and Dave
So there you have it, for those who are new hello and those who know me I trust you will welcome me back :bow:

Now where the heck do I even begin catching up?

Last edited:
Not sure we interacted before, but welcome back! So happy to hear you're on the upswing, I battle with the same things so I can 100% relate to your struggles. The parks bring me the same kind of joy you do. I was also in Orlando in Sept so who knows, maybe our paths crossed! Nonetheless, happy to have you back and I look forward to many, future positive discussions! Take care and from what I know and the POV I've seen, Rise Of The Resistance will be worth it. Get hyped!!

Not sure we interacted before, but welcome back! So happy to hear you're on the upswing, I battle with the same things so I can 100% relate to your struggles. The parks bring me the same kind of joy you do. I was also in Orlando in Sept so who knows, maybe our paths crossed! Nonetheless, happy to have you back and I look forward to many, future positive discussions! Take care and from what I know and the POV I've seen, Rise Of The Resistance will be worth it. Get hyped!!
To get to know more about @UK-Trigg , check out his Epic Trip report thread from last year on the IU trip reports section, It may well be the most thorough trip report ever.

The new park is going to have Nintendo, Fantastic Beasts (Wizarding World), Unviersal Monsters, and How to train your dragon lands.
Mark @UK-Trigg knew that from his sources about 12 months before almost anyone else. He told me all that stuff back in June 2018.;):).......... for those not familiar with @UK-Trigg....he and Bob Waddington did the most extensive helicopter photo's of Diagon Alley construction back in the day...last flight was apx. 400 photos on Bob's Pixels in the Parks web site. This was way before bio.

Last edited:
Thanks all, its good to be back.

Now what did I miss??

You seem relatively up to date.

We're in a weird time. Disney have laid out their plans for the next 18 months which we're seeing coming to fruition now. Universal are building the JP coaster unannounced, Bourne opens soon enough and the new park is 40+ months away with a name, one piece of concept art and highly educated guesses and paperwork digging to play with.

It's all speculation, speculation, speculation.

Thanks all, its good to be back.

Now what did I miss??
Kidzone curse lives on... I don’t think anyone knows of any potential plans for this so there’s a chance another 7-8 years before closure. Hopefully sooner.
Also had no idea you did work on the Diagon alley photos, I remember the exact ones Maddog mentioned, excellent work my friend! I had such chills and was nearly breathtaken watching them on my computer.