Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

I legitimately think this is a case to where we are seeing Osaka's UC purposefully delay Donkey Kong, if only to ensure that they can get Mario Kart fully operational without the bugs. Especially with Setpoint testing the Boom Coaster in Utah, it wouldn't be shocking if they may be wanting to have Donkey Kong be the Minion Ray Freezer's in a second-phase on the immediate.

Nah a while ago the insiders here said it changed to something different but will offer the same kind of experience.

Plans have not changed for Donkey Kong, and both Orlando and Osaka should be getting what was originally designed.

I could’ve sworn we had this conversation and people said the ride system changed.

I mean, the Epic Universe concept art literally has the same Donkey Kong concept art from the leaked model, just with the theming mostly stripped leaving to see the Boom Coaster tech.

upload_2019-12-14_23-55-25.png

Unless something had changed after the initial reveal of Epic Universe artwork, nothing should be changed for Donkey Kong.

I mean, the Epic Universe concept art literally has the same Donkey Kong concept art from the leaked model, just with the theming mostly stripped leaving to see the Boom Coaster tech.

View attachment 11325

Unless something had changed after the initial reveal of Epic Universe artwork, nothing should be changed for Donkey Kong.
:...:

Now I’m confused... I could swear this conversation happened and it was way before the EU announcement.

Now I’m confused... I could swear this conversation happened and it was way before the EU announcement.

To state, nothing should have changed. Like legitimately, there was even video of the Boom Coaster being tested in Utah that was released on August first.

Went out to Petersen Inc and saw the new prototype. Lucky for me they were testing the cars on it. : rollercoasters

It might of been a rumor, but it doesn't explain why we'd see video of Setpoint testing the system and the fact that it does appear as the Boom Coaster tech in the official artwork.

Someone definitely said somewhere that they couldn't get it to work and/or they had upgraded DK to a massive Dark ride. Then all the model pics leaked and we got more artwork which all seems to confirm the coaster is still a go.

I think Alex could be right about them wanting to focus on MK, could also be that the DK coaster needed more R&D time which is why it's coming later?

Still the boom coaster. Permits for EU match old KidZone plans’ layout and we’ve seen SetPoint Testing it as @AlexanderMBush posted.

To state, nothing should have changed. Like legitimately, there was even video of the Boom Coaster being tested in Utah that was released on August first.

Went out to Petersen Inc and saw the new prototype. Lucky for me they were testing the cars on it. : rollercoasters

It might of been a rumor, but it doesn't explain why we'd see video of Setpoint testing the system and the fact that it does appear as the Boom Coaster tech in the official artwork.

The rumors of the change did happen but were eventually shown to be exaggerated (the original idea is still happening.) Excited for the boom coaster!

Last edited:
In this pic, are those the AR goggles wrapped up on the bottom right?
EL1GAu6UEAIUyUp