Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Riviera Resort

Now that it’s finally opened I cannot stress how much I love this cute little resort! All the intricate details in the coffee lounge, the artwork (which I really appreciate the option of being able to purchase in the gift shop), the views of the fireworks (DHS, Epcot & MK) from the room were beautiful.

However the number one for me was Topolino’s Terrace. The views (especially at sunset) are so, so gorgeous and the food was amazing. I know the menu is seasonal but if anyone is planning on checking it out somewhat soon I highly recommend trying the Winter Pumpkin Ravioli.

Even with how tiny this resort is (or at least how tiny it feels) I think it’s a really nice addition.

This will take weeks if not months to fix. Could not be worse going into the busiest time of year.
This will become high priority so probably not months, but still.... yikes.

Im going to assume that people will either get upgraded or moved to a different DVC so Disney can fix this ASAP.

This will become high priority so probably not months, but still.... yikes.

Im going to assume that people will either get upgraded or moved to a different DVC so Disney can fix this ASAP.

Doing a quick root cause analysis makes me think one of two issues are at play: improper installation or inadequate support in the walls. Improper installation would be the easiest to fix, probably a few dozen a day. Lack of support in the walls would require demolition, installation, rebuild the walls, then reinstalling the beds.

TP's Len Testa wrote an article on the resort today. While he said good stuff about most of the resort, he called the "Studio" rooms the worst room on Disney property. He compared their size, and it's tight feeling, to a prison cell.

TP's Len Testa wrote an article on the resort today. While he said good stuff about most of the resort, he called the "Studio" rooms the worst room on Disney property. He compared their size, and it's tight feeling, to a prison cell.
It’s okay, halfway through the night the Resistance laser cuts a hole through the wall and rescues you to Copper Creek.

OK, that is tiny! I'm guessing this is something they've taken from the cruise line for "solo travelers"

Honestly I think they’re trying to attract conventions to this hotel and this room is designed for times when companies need a room to use for meetings, showers for late arrivals, etc not Mickey ear tourists.

Could have been better, could have been much worse, overall I think I like it but if I’m going to splurge it wouldn’t be to stay there.

Between this and Coronado, I wonder if Bob has done the math on how much money they spent to add like 150 rooms.

Could have been better, could have been much worse, overall I think I like it but if I’m going to splurge it wouldn’t be to stay there.

Between this and Coronado, I wonder if Bob has done the math on how much money they spent to add like 150 rooms.
With Coronado, it was a huge move to make it more appealing for Conventions to stay there. People on business trips don't want to be staying in the ratty hotel rooms at the resort, so Coronado is gonna be a big win for them as far as attracting conventions to do business at their resort instead of somewhere else in Orlando.

For Riviera... DVC is a profit machine. Both of these moves will make the company a lot of money.

I’ve never seen a hotel room so small. As somebody who goes to conferences for work, even this is too small for a single traveler. There’s going to be a suitcase sprawled out the floor if you’re like most people.

These rooms seem really misguided. It feels like Disney said “you know what’s super popular? NYC studio apartments!” And that ended up being the inspiration for these rooms.

I’ve never seen a hotel room so small. As somebody who goes to conferences for work, even this is too small for a single traveler. There’s going to be a suitcase sprawled out the floor if you’re like most people.

These rooms seem really misguided. It feels like Disney said “you know what’s super popular? NYC studio apartments!” And that ended up being the inspiration for these rooms.
Yeah, I have a feeling down the line, those room types are going to be removed and combined with the room next to it to be made into a large more reasonable hotel room.