Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rise of the Resistance - Boarding Passes/Uptimes (DHS)

I actually don’t have a problem with the way it is set up. I very much enjoyed my gaining a boarding pass experience...besides the 4:30 wake up! If it had been like it was before where as soon as you tapped in you were able to gain a boarding pass I wouldn’t like it.

but now? There was very little “chaos” meaning no pushing, no shoving, it was pleasant. Line up...wait...tap in...wait...hear the welcome announcement, open the app get my boarding pass. Simple.

they made several announcements over the PA about needing to gain a boarding pass to ride. Now, I would favor just opening up the line and doing away with the boarding groups, but if they must then this is the best procedure for it.

Im heading to the park early on Monday morning. Is getting there at 5:30 a resonable time?
Not necessary anymore. Just be in the park before park open and make sure to have the app at the ready to join a boarding group as soon as the park “officially” opens.

Be quick as they’ve been going quick once they open the system.

One of the most expensive parks in the world can not afford to just make a line for boarding passes after the gate. or just open early and scan people in who can then reserve on the app because they were there early. Kinda sounds like they want people to come into the park and use a ticket without a guarantee.

Looks to be “back on track” today. As of 8:17pm, they are up to group 174.

Not necessary anymore. Just be in the park before park open and make sure to have the app at the ready to join a boarding group as soon as the park “officially” opens.

Are they going to continue that same method?

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the most expensive parks in the world can not afford to just make a line for boarding passes after the gate. or just open early and scan people in who can then reserve on the app because they were there early. Kinda sounds like they want people to come into the park and use a ticket without a guarantee.
I mean, if they've been clear about anything, it's that there's no guarantee of getting on the ride.

That is not the message Disney should want to give if they want to drive attendance to the park.
I'm sure they wish they didn't have to, but technically they can't "guarantee" that you'll get on any of the rides. Rides break down. If they were to give a guarantee and then break it, then it becomes like the boarding passes that didn't get to ride - they had to give out lots of free stuff to accommodate for people wasting their day.

MMRR opens in less than 2 months, hopefully the ride is using stand-by by the time that ride opens.

While Disney can never guarantee that everyone can ride, people are getting the message that that if they don't get to the park before opening they are guaranteed to not be able to ride. People are feeling that if they can't get there early that it is not even worth going. Evening attendance has suffered because of this. At least with a normal queue, if you can only come later in the day, you feel like you have a shot at riding.

Got all the way to the hallway before boarding and they promptly booted all of us out of line through a backstage area. Gotta wait till it comes back on. Sucks cause I got group 28 this morning

Got all the way to the hallway before boarding and they promptly booted all of us out of line through a backstage area. Gotta wait till it comes back on. Sucks cause I got group 28 this morning
Did you get a paper return pass or did they add the FastPass return to your magicband?

When do you guys think that boarding passes will be phased out? 3 months? 6 months? A year?

I'm under the assumption that the only reason boarding passes are still in effect is because of the fear of breakdown? Please correct me if I'm wrong...

When do you guys think that boarding passes will be phased out? 3 months? 6 months? A year?

I'm under the assumption that the only reason boarding passes are still in effect is because of the fear of breakdown? Please correct me if I'm wrong...
Low capacity + breakdowns + not wanting a line wrapped around Galaxy's Edge when they already have one most mornings for the other ride

I was thinking hopefully by mid January they just move to regular standby, but seems like there are still daily issues, so maybe mid February.

Just guessing, but I bet they want to be done with virtual queue for Rise before March 4th. Just a hunch.

Seems like the issues are starting to pile up. That'll keep capacity low, and make it tough for Disney to change the way they're loading guests. They're in a difficult and awkward position right now. Great ride but early Hagrid level operating issues.

I apologize if this has been asked. If DHS has morning Extra Magic Hours, still have to wait until the park actually opens, correct?