Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rise of the Resistance - Boarding Passes/Uptimes (DHS)

RotR won't be doing BG forever. Once it's up and capacity is stable/where they would like it to be, they will presumably move to Stand-by. Bouarding Groups aren't meant to take the place of stand-by forever, it's just sort of an interim solution to get the ride up and running without issue.
This ride could be a capacity for better part of years based boarding groups alone. I don't think people understand the reality of the situation with Disney. better part of years based on

Sorry I feel like this situation is very fluid and I am wondering what the best way to handle DHS on our upcoming trip.

We are going to be there either the 15th or the 16th.

Do you think getting the first bus from Old Key West to HS would be fine for getting a boarding group for ROTR, also do you think going Sunday with EMH would be worth it or would it be better to go to Studios the day after EMH, Monday

Sorry I feel like this situation is very fluid and I am wondering what the best way to handle DHS on our upcoming trip.

We are going to be there either the 15th or the 16th.

Do you think getting the first bus from Old Key West to HS would be fine for getting a boarding group for ROTR, also do you think going Sunday with EMH would be worth it or would it be better to go to Studios the day after EMH, Monday

Last Saturday my friends took the first bus from Coronado to DHS and entered the park around 640am. They got boarding group 48 but your luck on that is more on being quick with your fingers and not when you get to the park.

Can one person "click" for the whole group or we all doing this individually. 6:40... did the park open at 9am?

Can one person "click" for the whole group or we all doing this individually. 6:40... did the park open at 9am?

You can do both. I was with a friend and we did it separate, He got 14 and I got 20. If you add people it takes just a few seconds longer and you could get a later boarding group. Remember there’s a two hour return window so if you are close enough you all could go together, if the numbers are far away go to a guest service CM.

Yes. As long as everyone is tapped in, you can open up the boarding group section of the app and add everyone (as if you were making a fastpass) and as soon as the park opens, be on it to submit. I suggest having your whole group having phones out trying just in case one of you has issues.

Today is supposed to be dead over there but wait times are all through the roof, no fast passes available for Star Tours at all. Is there something else going on or is it really just locals crashing the gates for RotR and then filtering out by lunch?

Park opened at 7, yes one that has the others linked can click then add everyone but I would have a couple set up incase of a poor connection at the critical time and give yourselves a better chance of getting the group you want.

Today is supposed to be dead over there but wait times are all through the roof, no fast passes available for Star Tours at all. Is there something else going on or is it really just locals crashing the gates for RotR and then filtering out by lunch?
I think it's more CMs than anything. I know many are using their comp tickets (since they are blocked out until Mach) just to get a chance to ride. And I've seen many of the CMs I know post they've been on it many times already. When 70,000+ people work for Disney and they (and their family members and friends) all want to ride, it can account for a large percentage of that daily crowd.

So taking the first resort bus... if say the park opens at 9am catching an 8am bus (that would exist right) and we should be fine.

As it stands today you will be fine
I wonder how many others want to be on the first bus from there......

I mean we are coming from Old Key West so I don't think it will be that insane on the bus, which we will have to rely on as everyone is flying and we don't want to rent a car.

The problem with the Disney buses is they don't have a defined schedule, but they also don't really run constantly depending on where you are and how cheap the mouse is being. I feel like these days they are trying to fill the buses more at the expense of good service especially since they want you to take up charge transit.

For those who have been, do you know how getting a board pass without the app would work? Also, when would be a good time to arrive at the park?

Disney’s added some new verbiage not guaranteeing riding even with a Boarding Group.

Also the ride is still not up today.

Disney’s added some new verbiage not guaranteeing riding even with a Boarding Group.

Also the ride is still not up today.
Where do you see that verbiage, because it has always said getting a boarding group doesn’t guarantee riding since opening day for the ride. On the app, display screens and on the flyer they hand out.