Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only mentioned 2/3 of them because Iron Maiden and Metallica are signed to Universal, not sure of Slipknot. I know Megan Thee Stallion is writing a horror film but she’s from Jay Z’s label, plus John said they weren’t doing the Mexican original with the rapper.

Edit - Ozzy Ozbourne is releasing a new album this year.

Reactions: Living Dead Dude
Misfits?? That license is dirt cheap and they reunited recently, they’re selling out arenas. Out of all the artists pitched here, they’re the only ones to me that could actually work in this setting. Their music is actually scary (the music sounds scary, and the lyrical content/subject matter is scary), and the crimson ghost could operate in the same way as the Creep from Creepshow this year.

I don’t like the idea of a music house tbh, but I could maybe get on board with a Misfits one.

Reactions: youhow2
Only mentioned 2/3 of them because Iron Maiden and Metallica are signed to Universal, not sure of Slipknot. I know Megan Thee Stallion is writing a horror film but she’s from Jay Z’s label, plus John said they weren’t doing the Mexican original with the rapper.

Edit - Ozzy Ozbourne is releasing a new album this year.

Should be noted that due to some arcane corporate restructuring reasons, Universal Music Group is not a part of Universal Pictures/Studios. UMG is owned by Vivendi, so I wouldn't put those two as more or less likely than something else.

I don’t see murdy fighting tooth and nail to not make a house on any of these bands tho...

I think the implication was that Orlando fought tooth and nail against it. Which, I mean, did they do that with Alice Cooper or no?

Reactions: randomguesser
Should be noted that due to some arcane corporate restructuring reasons, Universal Music Group is not a part of Universal Pictures/Studios. UMG is owned by Vivendi, so I wouldn't put those two as more or less likely than something else.

I think the implication was that Orlando fought tooth and nail against it. Which, I mean, did they do that with Alice Cooper or no?
Possibly but with how much East coast loved Hellbilly Deluxe as a scare zone I’m not sure I see orlando hating the idea for a music house unless they just don’t want it for their big 30 years.

Not saying I know what this is, but just based off some of these hints, you guys should be thinking of something that you wouldn’t immediately pick/choose for HHN, but if you think about it, it could potentially work.

Reactions: randomguesser
Not saying I know what this is, but just based off some of these hints, you guys should be thinking of something that you wouldn’t immediately pick/choose for HHN, but if you think about it, it could potentially work.
I mean hearing about the teams fighting tooth and nail to not have it, and it being a "groaner" to the people who know what it is, that doesn't strike me as something that could potentially work. For perspective, the creative team thought This is the End would work as a maze, sooooo...

It can’t be anything Blumhouse due to their relationship nor H5. I do have a feeling it could be another family property that literally no one wants unlike Ghostbusters. Or it could be an IP that doesn’t work as horror.
I have no idea why I’m thinking of this but Scooby Doo literally popped in my head when I hear “family friendly”.
There’s also Nickelodeon’s Are You Afraid of the Dark.

Ifrit over in Orlando seems to be hinting at The Conjuring Trilogy. Really hope it pans out this year or else we’ll get a Titans 2

Damn, if it's really the year we get Conjuring, then this could be the year we get IT and maybe even a DC thing like Swamp Thing too. Really excited!

I mean hearing about the teams fighting tooth and nail to not have it, and it being a "groaner" to the people who know what it is, that doesn't strike me as something that could potentially work. For perspective, the creative team thought This is the End would work as a maze, sooooo...
I think it will work better in Orlando than Hollywood, strictly based on the presentation. That said, this one is ALL Marketing...

Answer is in the Orlando thread, figured out by @OhHailInternet95. Honestly not that much of a groaner for me and will probably be a headliner. That said, Hollywood is gonna have a weird time with her artistry and music but I think Murdy will do good with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.