Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed)

For me, the only ways this would be worth removing is if we get another year round haunt in its place, a revamped NBCUniversal Experience, or some kind of HHN/Horror Museum sorta like the original HoH queue, but I know none of those are probable.

Please let them keep 29 as long as possible. We need more SS houses

As much as having a full sound stage for a Horror Nights house is great, I do think it might be better for the park do get rid of it.

The park is going to continue to expand and if sound stages next to Transformers get demolished (which is only a matter of time at this point), then it just won't do to have a straight walkway acting as the thoroughfare between Nintendo and Stages 34 to 35, especially with Transformers' entrance in the middle.

Personally, I think demolishing SS29 might allow them to build a pathway around Transformers to the current plot of the sound stages. It would essentially create a loop around the Transfomers building. Not sure whether that is possible but sounds like it might help with future congestion on the lower lot.

We'd lose a house, but hey maybe some of those modern sound stages with their noise-cancelling capabilities will be built with HHN houses in mind?

I'll say it... they should bring back "I Love Lucy--A Tribute"

I'm semi-not joking. I'm a huge Lucy fan, so I wouldn't argue it. :grin:

Am I dating myself here?

I hope it can be converted into two levels. So that way they can get rid of the VIP dining in the french area. The second level could be the dining stuff and the lower level could be used for something else. But that's probably super unrealistic.

I hope it can be converted into two levels. So that way they can get rid of the VIP dining in the french area. The second level could be the dining stuff and the lower level could be used for something else. But that's probably super unrealistic.
Sounds great on paper, but the building just isn’t tall enough to pull it off.

I am under the impression that nothing will replace the space, at least at first. I would expect to see it utilized for Horror Nights, and that's about it.
I do wonder if they would be able to both gut the current attraction, and build a maze in time for this year’s HHN. I would assume it would be needed right away for the event considering we are most likely not having Parisian this year as a venue. So essentially, the sooner the better.

I do wonder if they would be able to both gut the current attraction, and build a maze in time for this year’s HHN. I would assume it would be needed right away for the event considering we are most likely not having Parisian this year as a venue. So essentially, the sooner the better.

I mean, March to September isn't exactly like it's going to take a long period of time. Especially if it can be more simple as striking down them as if they were made as "Sets".

High quality sets, but sets nonetheless.

I mean, March to September isn't exactly like it's going to take a long period of time. Especially if it can be more simple as striking down them as if they were made as "Sets".

High quality sets, but sets nonetheless.

I think it's doable. Will require two crews working concurrently (one building stuff off-site, one deconstructing), but I think there's a reason this move happened as abruptly as it did.

This is wild. The attraction lasted for 3 years. I understand that TWD’s popularity is waning, but I still expected this to be around for more than 3 years.

This is wild. The attraction lasted for 3 years. I understand that TWD’s popularity is waning, but I still expected this to be around for more than 3 years.
This one is definitely geared towards park need and the overall change in that corner of the park. I wouldn’t consider this a normal short term closure. Feels more like a product of its’ surroundings.

They spent lots of money just on the animatronics on this place, I am sure they will be repurposed somewhere. I wonder where the actors inside are going to be going now. I know that HOH actors were given jobs elsewhere in the park

They spent lots of money just on the animatronics on this place, I am sure they will be repurposed somewhere. I wonder where the actors inside are going to be going now. I know that HOH actors were given jobs elsewhere in the park

I'm sure some will try and transfer to the fuzzy characters, otherwise they're at the mercy of auditions.

Understand that Operational Budget is a constant. As long as Universal does not get an increase in budget, they must maintain the same costs throughout the year. If TWD is being removed in favor of SLoP, that makes sense. I would not be surprised if Mummy gets removed in balancing budgets for SNW. Money is money!

If they used the space for event and stuff like the LAIKA Exhibit I'd be down with that. The LAIKA exhibit was getting good size crowds and really the best use of the globe I saw for the theme park....I would love more event like that. Or stuff like back in the day when they let you see the sets from Small Soilders.....Unique events that are only there for a little while and give APs something to come see.

If mummy is removed, this will happen for another new attraction. I understand the thought process but I don’t see a SNW ride count addition being reason to close mummy.

Last edited: