Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Walking Dead Attraction (Closed)

If mummy is removed, that is simply for a new attraction. I understand the thought process but honestly no way would SNW be reason to close mummy
Honestly while I want more Potter...I'd rather wait for Nintendoland open and maybe even the DK ride if thats happening then close Mummy...so tired of the part having to close one attraction for another and never increasing the count in the park just moving things around. We don't need another land after Nintendo until 2028 which leaves more than enough time for Nintendoland and DK to be open before starting construction

Honestly while I want more Potter...I'd rather wait for Nintendoland open and maybe even the DK ride if thats happening then close Mummy...so tired of the part having to close one attraction for another and never increasing the count in the park just moving things around. We don't need another land after Nintendo until 2028 which leaves more than enough time for Nintendoland and DK to be open before starting construction
But what if Mummy was being replaced by a new ride?

They have room for DK in other area's as I said do that first...and Mario Kart...BRING more rides in before doing more one in and one out. I know the Walking Dead got only 15-30 mins lines but still its an attraction and yes SLOP will have more people on it but sucks we have to lose one to gain one.
I want to just gain attractions then do some switching if need be but Mummy still pulls in 60-90 min lines in the summer. I'm not against it going I just want them to build as many rides without switching out old ones then go nuts, but give us more things to go for HHN and AP's before just giving us a new option but not expanding how many things I can do in said day.

I don't expect Universal to officially announce this. They are letting TMs freely talk about it online.

Yeah at this point, there's no point to talk about it; especially if it's going to be kept more quietly due towards that other outlets are talking of it.

A given, but a fair question would be if the soundstages around it and TF would be shuttering.

If not..then that can mean a few things, depending on if Universal demolishes the structure entirely.

__

Meanwhile, TWDA is now off the digital park map.

1581004025247.png

Yeah at this point, there's no point to talk about it; especially if it's going to be kept more quietly due towards that other outlets are talking of it.

A given, but a fair question would be if the soundstages around it and TF would be shuttering.

If not..then that can mean a few things, depending on if Universal demolishes the structure entirely.

__

Meanwhile, TWDA is now off the digital park map.

View attachment 11608
It is still on the APP map.

I think that would be fine. Walking dead was already looking bad when they added “scare hours“ it does suck that the daytime park will lose a little horror but I’m sure no one will really notice it. Is this the shortest lived attraction to date at this park? (Not including shows)

Is this the shortest lived attraction to date at this park? (Not including shows)
Definitely not. Chicken Run maze and Grinch’s cave were both a thing in one year as I recall. Spider-Man Rocks lasted one year. Don’t forget about the Creature from the Black Lagoon Musical. That didn’t even last six months! There was also Shrek Live. That was so short lived almost no one knew about it! There’s a reason for that.

so yeah, TWDA was pretty successful compared to those attractions.

Last edited:
Even if they don't end up leaving the space for flex, they can always design the building to fit a HHN maze once the time arrives. After all, if they can build a maze with the restrictions of Parisian Courtyard, they could make it work.

Sure, keeping the space open to the public well using it for a new maze is a "having your cake and eating it too" scenario, but i believe Universal could pull it off. A fan can dream, right?