Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

Isn’t “kinetic energy” about motion though? The Dragon doesn’t move. It is a nice weenie though.
Yes...FIRE....as Joe said....Even in it's 6th year there's a a zillion guests holding phones above their heads & waiting for....and taking photos....as it shoots out the fire....plus sound of the fire. It's the dream weenie for any theme park. Myself, I've seen it a thousand times.....and I still wait in suspense for it to happen.

Yes...FIRE....as Joe said....Even in it's 6th year there's a a zillion guests holding phones above their heads & waiting for....and taking photos....as it shoots out the fire....plus sound of the fire. It's the dream weenie for any theme park. Myself, I've seen it a thousand times.....and I still wait in suspense for it to happen.
I never really timed it but how often does the fire go off?

From the ground, inside the land I do wonder if the holes are less visible. If not, I do hope they cover it up. Not the end of the world however

Every 10 min most days. Although I think they can vary it. It was 10 mins on Tuesday when I was there last.
If it’s taking any longer than 10 mins, it’s likely on hold due to weather concerns. The tiniest bit of wind causes them to pause it as the alley buildings are so close to the fire as is.

I think it varies a lot. Most of the times I've been there it's more like once every 20 minutes. And windy slows it down a lot, as expected.

I think it varies a lot. Most of the times I've been there it's more like once every 20 minutes. And windy slows it down a lot, as expected.
I can definitively "nope" this on it varying. There's a set timer that basically goes off automatically ever 10 minutes. A human will interrupt that if there is a mechanical problem, the wind gets too strong or there's lightning in the area. When it's reset to go on at the next "10". So for example, say they switch it back to normal mode at 6:33. The next time it will fire is 6:40. Wind is a major factor, even small bits of it.

This is not speculation.

I can definitively "nope" this on it varying. There's a set timer that basically goes off automatically ever 10 minutes. A human will interrupt that if there is a mechanical problem, the wind gets too strong or there's lightning in the area. When it's reset to go on at the next "10". So for example, say they switch it back to normal mode at 6:33. The next time it will fire is 6:40. Wind is a major factor, even small bits of it.

This is not speculation.

Huh, that's pretty cool. Is there a specific reason why it's 10 minutes though? Was it just a length of time that the designers thought would perform best or is it a necessity for the mechanics to work properly?

Back to USJ.. clouds still moving, but now from another angle... :shrug:

I really don't think the gaps are going to be filled in either side of the clouds, if they were wouldn't they already be there for testing.
Doesn't actually bother me either way - still looks fantastic.

Still moving, but now from another angle... :shrug:

I really don't think the gaps are going to be filled in either side of the clouds, if they were wouldn't they already be there for testing.
Doesn't actually bother me either way - still looks fantastic.

Maybe I'm being hopeful, but I feel allllll the other stuff on the mountain may block those sides from inside the land. Forced perspective type thing. Or, non animated clouds simply need that extra space lol. Not the end of the world though.