The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 147 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we got one solved, here's another updated clues spreadsheet. And the short version that I'm always gonna post to accompany the list:

SOLVED:
Clue 1 - Conjuring Universe House
Clue 2 - Dr. Who House rumor
Clue 5 - Billie Eilish (Lagoon Show in Orlando / House in Hollywood)
Clue 8 - 11th House in Café La Bamba
Clue 9 - Bride of Frankenstein House

UNSOLVED:
Clue 3 - Dinah Hayley painting clue - possibly Jack Icon Marketing (mystiquephreeq pg 135) but unconfirmed
Clue 4 - Sane Abandoned Firetruck clue
Clue 6 - NF Keys clue - possibly Beetlejuice ScareZone (johnathanm pg 115) but unconfirmed
Clue 7 - ASA E6-8 Flight Computer clue

We know that at least 1 of the 4 remaining "unsolved" clues have technically been solved, but @Legacy hasn't confirmed the answer as of yet.

View attachment 11707

@ The Dinah Hayley clue: Legacy liked that post. So I would mark that as confirmed. I feel confirmed is the wrong word to use of course, since it's just about rumors.

Didn't the '09 Dracula house revolve mainly around the brides?

I would take this.

It still revolved around Dracula from a story standpoint, but the man himself only appeared in three scenes that I recall while the rest were the brides and Renfield. I do remember at the time that Dracula appeared so seldom that people kept posting on the forums the spots where he could be found.

Reactions: Brian G.
It still revolved around Dracula from a story standpoint, but the man himself only appeared in three scenes that I recall while the rest were the brides and Renfield. I do remember at the time that Dracula appeared so seldom that people kept posting on the forums the spots where he could be found.

I'd consider the IU - Orlando crew to be pros of the HHN. That's the only house in the history of HHN that Drew had a real tough time mustering up the courage to do repeat runs. :lol:

I'd consider the IU - Orlando crew to be pros of the HHN. That's the only house in the history of HHN that Drew had a real tough time mustering up the courage to do repeat runs. :lol:

It was a truly excellent house!

I am really hoping for the UCM: The Bride house because it sounds like they might be putting a new spin on the source material much like the Dracula and Frankenstein houses did back in 2009

Got some momentum, so I'm gonna take another quick shot..

And another rumor gets another clue.

This one is both really easy and really hard.

View attachment 11529

To me, "really easy and really hard" means: There are a lot of possibilities to choose from, but the answer is right there and doesn't need a real deep dive. It's essentially throwing a single dart at a large board. Mind you, this is NO preconceived anything - just taking a major swing on something I saw when I looked through this again (and if it's the correct answer AND the rumor is true I'm gonna lose my you know what). So, here we go:

* It's a picture of an E6-B flight computer
* The E6-B flight computer was used in the movie "The Core" by Hilary Swank's character, who is named Rebecca Childs
* Childs...….

Childs The Thing.jpg

So, my "throwing a dart" guess is that the clue is a reference to a rumored THE THING house.

Really? I loved that house for the view, but never found it really frightening.

Then again, any vamp house, for me, isn’t frightening.

A Bride of Frankenstein house actually sounds pretty interesting because that scream in UCM, woooah buddy

No kidding, I have to say I liked the "subtle" touch of her scream being LOUDER than everything else. Definitely get's your attention real quick!

Either way, I'm totally down for a rumor of a BoF or vs's of Bof and Dracula's Brides. Could have some real fun opportunities with that.

Got some momentum, so I'm gonna take another quick shot..

To me, "really easy and really hard" means: There are a lot of possibilities to choose from, but the answer is right there and doesn't need a real deep dive. It's essentially throwing a single dart at a large board. Mind you, this is NO preconceived anything - just taking a major swing on something I saw when I looked through this again (and if it's the correct answer AND the rumor is true I'm gonna lose my you know what). So, here we go:

* It's a picture of an E6-B flight computer
* The E6-B flight computer was used in the movie "The Core" by Hilary Swank's character, who is named Rebecca Childs
* Childs...….

View attachment 11709

So, my "throwing a dart" guess is that the clue is a reference to a rumored THE THING house.
How does Child’s lead to The Thing?

Because one of the two main characters in The Thing is named Childs (MacReady being the other one). So you have a character in The Core (which has the clue in it) named Childs, and one of the main characters in The Thing is named Childs. That's the connection.

IDK how much stuff I would want coming back, buuuut it'd be a scary property, plus I didn't see Assimilation (which was a revolutionary house for the event), and I know people on the Hollywood side are always begging for it.

Reactions: Kadath
IDK how much stuff I would want coming back, buuuut it'd be a scary property, plus I didn't see Assimilation (which was a revolutionary house for the event), and I know people on the Hollywood side are always begging for it.

Again, it's a total dart throw, so I'd say the odds of it being the correct answer is pretty slim - but when I re-read the wiki on the E6-B and came across the character named Childs in The Core using that exact object, it immediately sent up red flags in my head that I at least had to mention here just in case it's right (and since nobody else had yet guessed The Thing with those dots even though others had mentioned The Core connection).

Now, all that being said, The Thing would be on my top 5 wish list for a house tbh. And, being that it's an anniversary year (which increases the chances of a repeat house) and that The Thing house was like a decade ago, coupled with the fact that it's a Universal Pictures property (which makes it easier to get obviously), it's not out of the realm of possibility that it makes an appearance. But I still doubt that it's the right answer given how many directions he clue could actually lead.

Looking at the walkthrough JMR did, was that the one that reached down from the castle tower?

No, it was later into the maze, after you passed through the more opulent chambers (and regally-dressed "beautiful" brides) and into the soil-ridden catacombs. Around a blind corner sat an unearthed tomb of a dozen mid-screech feral brides, one of which was real - the trigger activated a deafening cry and an extremely heavy strobe. You never saw it coming, and the visual and audio were extremely overwhelming. Also a great example of Legacy's note about designing mazes to "scare forward" - you came at it around a perpendicular corner, and the way forward was AWAY from it.

@ The Dinah Hayley clue: Legacy liked that post. So I would mark that as confirmed. I feel confirmed is the wrong word to use of course, since it's just about rumors.

The reason I'm not marking anything like that as "confirmed" is because @Legacy said something when I first came on this board (posted below from page 48). I do, however, note on both the spreadsheet and the short summary guesses that are "likely" to be correct. But until @Legacy actually says "that's it", I'm gonna hold off marking it as confirmed.

In the past, I have. I’m not planning to do a lot of it this year, as it’s caused misinterpretations of things (where people assumed my liking a post meant it was correct instead of just a good post).

The reason I'm not marking anything like that as "confirmed" is because @Legacy said something when I first came on this board (posted below from page 48). I do, however, note on both the spreadsheet and the short summary guesses that are "likely" to be correct. But until @Legacy actually says "that's it", I'm gonna hold off marking it as confirmed.

Add my LT guess to the most likely. @Legacy liked my post on 144.

Reactions: Robert Bliss
Status
Not open for further replies.