Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

Alicia posted a new article on the AR goggles.

great read! Thanks for the work you're doing to keep us distracted from the world Alicia!

The most interesting thing is zooming in and everything becoming virtual reality. That is just bonkers to me lol, honestly so cool. Very excited to see how this all works in real life.

So, I hate to bring up the elephant in the room but..... can’t help but feel like the opening here is going to get delayed. Things are not getting better in Tokyo or Osaka, and who knows when parks are going to open.

Is it crazy to think they might just push back the opening of this land to late 2020/early 2021? Would probably be safest for the public in general as it would extend time for massive crowds to come in (although corporations don’t tend to think of this as first priority), no rush to get the rides open and fine tune everything, idk Christmas 2020 to me makes the most sense at this point. I don’t see anyway this opens in the summer of 2020.

The wait for Mario Kart info waits:fist:

So, I hate to bring up the elephant in the room but..... can’t help but feel like the opening here is going to get delayed. Things are not getting better in Tokyo or Osaka, and who knows when parks are going to open.

Is it crazy to think they might just push back the opening of this land to late 2020/early 2021? Would probably be safest for the public in general as it would extend time for massive crowds to come in (although corporations don’t tend to think of this as first priority), no rush to get the rides open and fine tune everything, idk Christmas 2020 to me makes the most sense at this point. I don’t see anyway this opens in the summer of 2020.

The wait for Mario Kart info waits:fist:

Here's the thing--Japan doesn't have as large of a hit right now. It's just about to get to 1,500 cases (with only 49 deaths!), and that's been about a few months since Japan went hard on the lockdown.

Along with that--things are slowly opening back up in Japan, as Tokyo Disneyland is planning to open on the 20th, and Universal has only extended their closure period to the 12th right now. If Japan and Asia can continue to see the growth, with the measures they've been doing, there is a possibility that SNW could open up for the Summer 2020 crowd. Plus, they've been continually working on it, even during the Virus has closed the park.

Here's the thing--Japan doesn't have as large of a hit right now. It's just about to get to 1,500 cases (with only 49 deaths!), and that's been about a few months since Japan went hard on the lockdown.

Along with that--things are slowly opening back up in Japan, as Tokyo Disneyland is planning to open on the 20th, and Universal has only extended their closure period to the 12th right now. If Japan and Asia can continue to see the growth, with the measures they've been doing, there is a possibility that SNW could open up for the Summer 2020 crowd. Plus, they've been continually working on it, even during the Virus has closed the park.
Idk, I feel a 2nd surge coming. I’m no expert by any means but it just seems to be the trend, then I’d think extra precautions will be made.

from the Washington Post today.....Japan Prime Minister Abe, on Saturday, warned that an "explosive spread" of cornavirus infections was looming over the country and urged citizens to prepare for a "long term battle'. Abe said cases of unknown origin were spiking, especially in the urban hubs of Tokyo and Osaka. .....Tokyo Governor Koike issued a similarly dire warning earlier in the week when he said the city was facing "an important phase in preventing an explosive rise in the number of infections".

from the Washington Post today.....Japan Prime Minister Abe, on Saturday, warned that an "explosive spread" of cornavirus infections was looming over the country and urged citizens to prepare for a "long term battle'. Abe said cases of unknown origin were spiking, especially in the urban hubs of Tokyo and Osaka. .....Tokyo Governor Koike issued a similarly dire warning earlier in the week when he said the city was facing "an important phase in preventing an explosive rise in the number of infections".
Ya see this is why Im not even sure it'll be open this year.

The plans are set to be revealed alongside new details of Nintendo’s partnership with Universal, and the pair’s Super Nintendo World theme park attractions and animated Super Mario movie.

Sounds like they're going to be doing a major push with Mario, since they missed the March 10th date I wonder when this announcement will be then.

Sounds like they're going to be doing a major push with Mario, since they missed the March 10th date I wonder when this announcement will be then.
The super mario bro’s initial release date WAS September 13, but prior anniversary games have been released on other dates in the same year.

Anyone have any idea when the potential online presentation could be released, since Universal has missed their March dates for announcements? It'd be awesome if they could give us some info and something to look forward to whenever we all come out of this. But, I understand advertising a new theme park land may not be the greatest look at the moment.

Anyone have any idea when the potential online presentation could be released, since Universal has missed their March dates for announcements? It'd be awesome if they could give us some info and something to look forward to whenever we all come out of this. But, I understand advertising a new theme park land may not be the greatest look at the moment.
I think once this dies down. It might seem inconsiderate to advertise for a travel destination when no one can travel.

USJ just realeased artwork for a competition they are running, and it includes Mario Kart ride vehicles, don't think we have seen these yet/before?

Clearest shot we’ve had of them yet! Really only other shot we have of them was during the Music Video they did but this is way more clear! Hey, I’ll take any SNW news right now! Looks good to me although it’d be cool if they could vary the vehicles a little bit but I understand if they don’t. Love it though