Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, it very much looks like the original Raptor Encounter set up... however, the entrance to the RE queue looks like it might be pretty cool, judging by the poured concrete bases near the path.
Any idea if the catwalk/metal looking motif of the JW raptor facility is still in the cards for the area in general?

Any idea if the catwalk/metal looking motif of the JW raptor facility is still in the cards for the area in general?
Not sure if that rumor was 100% accurate. Or was something misinterpreted through a game of telephone. The new Raptor Encounter seems just like a slightly plussed version of the original before it was torn down.

The coaster area will be themed like a mix of the raptor paddocks from Jurassic Park and Jurassic World, but will essentially be its own thing. Just as they’ve always done with IOA’s version of a Jurassic land.

I never did the Raptor Encounter, due to the wait time, but we always stop and look at the guests who have their encounter. It's fun to watch. I hope that still will be an option.
Maybe if the wait times are lower I try it one time.

It's a ton of fun, and the actor's do a great job taking videos of you using your phone, if you like. Waits though, seem to get longer every year. This is damn popular.

I think a big part of the long waits is the 10 min breaks between raptor performers. If they could get a more rapid raptor replacement schedule in place, the lines would go down considerably. Here's hoping that the backstage area being constructed allows Entertainment to have more space, like they used to when they were using one of the old Trike barns at the first Raptor Encounter.

I don't know, opening it with JW: Dominion may be too good an opportunity to pass up.
I'd say they aim for Memorial Day weekend 2021... The film comes out only 2 weeks later so it would be great synergy and a great kickoff to summer at the park. Get The Today Show down there and secure Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard (and the original trio just because) for the opening of the attraction.

Y’all think they’d film any scenes involving actors for the ride/queue during dominion? I would fight someone to have any of the original trio show up

If the parks stay closed through the end of May and construction stays up for the most part I really wonder how far ahead they can get here. Id think they'd aim for spring break 2020, since the permit originally stated completion for April 2020. If they can open up early/mid March around Fallon time, get the spring break crowds and Fallon and Pratt and Dallas Howard and the trio for the grand opening and Fallon, release the final trailer for Dominion, have Today Show broadcast from Orlando around the opening of the film with maybe another star there but ya, I think that'd be the ultimate ideal approach to this.

If the parks stay closed through the end of May and construction stays up for the most part I really wonder how far ahead they can get here. Id think they'd aim for spring break 2020, since the permit originally stated completion for April 2020. If they can open up early/mid March around Fallon time, get the spring break crowds and Fallon and Pratt and Dallas Howard and the trio for the grand opening and Fallon, release the final trailer for Dominion, have Today Show broadcast from Orlando around the opening of the film with maybe another star there but ya, I think that'd be the ultimate ideal approach to this.

I think having an empty park makes things easier but not necessarily any quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.