Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

Obviously on the bottom of the importance, and not at all surprising, but Tom Williams confirmed SNW construction for the Lower Lot in a letter to employees.

"Our construction projects around the globe – Super Nintendo World in Osaka and Hollywood, Universal’s Epic Universe in Orlando and Universal Beijing all remain active and on track under protocols established by government officials and with their support".
Hoping that the workers are staying safe. That being said, it’s good to hear at least some good theme park news amidst all of this!

Hoping that the workers are staying safe. That being said, it’s good to hear at least some good theme park news amidst all of this!

I really wish they wore protective masks though, because right not, our response to the pandemic is botched, since construction workers might interact with others at close distance.

It will be a later addition. The stages where the ride will go have yet to be demolished, while Mario Kart has been under construction since late 2018.
I hope its still sooner than later...DK ride shouldn't be as high tech as MK or as big so here is hoping its out the summer after and not two years after

Donkey Kong is not coming to Universal Studios Hollywood,
Budget cutting I’m assuming then? As it wasn’t so long ago you were saying how excited you were. Very depressing though or maybe we will be getting a top of the line e-ticket shooter attraction based on Luigis Mansion, yes please, but I know it is just wishful thinking.

With the current global crazyness I don't think we can be certain of anything.

I really want DK, but doubt that it was ever a 'Go' and that plans have simply been scoped out for a number of different future expansions of SNW.

We should all keep an eye on Japan, if Universal continue to start construction on the DK expansion that will give us a view as to whether they are going to spend during the downturn (like during the financial crisis), or to do a Disney and turn off the cash and cut cut cut.

Budget cutting I’m assuming then? As it wasn’t so long ago you were saying how excited you were. Very depressing though or maybe we will be getting a top of the line e-ticket shooter attraction based on Luigis Mansion, yes please, but I know it is just wishful thinking.

1) Chris never said DK is coming
2) It can't be budget cuts (implied recent) if it was never coming
3) So you're setting up a LM dark ride that has never been hinted at for what reason?

I think people are just confused because the tweet posted weeks ago wasn't contested and some forum members seemed to indicate they had some knowledge about the situation...

So it seems like the situation changed when in reality it didn't and DK was never in the cards for the somewhat soon future