The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 233 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to say. 28 looked like a roster chock full of potential all-timers beforehand. To some it was, but to me it was most definitely not.
Yeah, I'm in the camp that wasn't too thrilled with 28. Even though there wasn't a bad house in that lineup, I'd be hard pressed to give most of the houses more than a 7.5-8, and the year suffered from having too many "fine" houses. Given this is an anniversary year, I imagine the anniversary house(s) will stand out enough to give at least one great house.

Am I the only one who is bouncing off walls for Sabrina? I am STOKED to see that one!
Based on the IPs, it has potential to be the scariest. There are MANY different creatures and characters they can use in the house.

I hope Frankenstein’s monster has a prominent role in the house, he might be the thing that scared me the most last year

If it's anything like this, I'm in!

@ChaseTuff : I assume you're talking about the movie BoF? Yeah, it could have something to do with the explosion.

Would like if Drac's Brides joined the fun too. :)

Last edited:
Welp, I’ve always wanted to experience a Terra house. I can only hope they use Legacy’s house design for Beetlejuice.

I think this has great potential to be a great year. Beattlejuice and Gremlins being classic IPs. I believe Sabrina and Ellish will be very dark mazes. I think some people aren't giving Ellish a chance due to fear of being different then most maze ideas and the younger crowd that could be there. The originals are from what I have seen on this forum what we want with both throwbacks on dungeon of terror and terra cruentus. just IMO

I gotta say compared to Ghostbusters last year Beetlejuice seems like it could work a lot better. That, Gremlins, and Billie are gonna be merch monsters.

Guessing the marquee IPs will be Billie, Beetlejuice, Gremlins, and Hill House.

Didn’t a horror nights article or video universal posted a while back nod to the idea of a scarecrow sequel? or did i misinterpret something

Even if it meant something, Scarecrow NEEDS to have a fair amount of SIF to work. Which is an absolute no-no, this year.

Looking at the HHN subreddit, they're a lot happier with this lineup than the Facebook group is.

So which of these do we think would be the scariest? Curious to get an opinion. I might say Hill House.

Last edited:
I've read every single post of this this thread and never posted. Until now.

I am so incredibly disappointed by this lineup. It makes me sad for HHN this year, and for its future. At least I'll save money on not buying the Unlimited FFP with Express.
If, and this is a huge if, the 10 houses listed are what we get, then I agree wholeheartedly. Time will tell.

@Legacy are you saying they nailed it with the houses or is this sarcasm?
It doesn’t matter if it’s correct or not. Because there is now “a list” of what’s coming, all the answers for any clue I do will focus entirely on what’s on the list. It makes the whole affair less fun for me.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think the map is “correct.” I’m hearing a good bit of conflicting information regarding a few of the things listed. But, the list exists.
Even if it meant something, Scarecrow NEEDS to have a fair amount of SIF to work. Which is an absolute no-no, this year.
I always assumed the Scarecrow return would be a zone...

Looking at the HHN subreddit, they're a lot happier with this lineup than the Facebook group is.

So which of these do we think would be the scariest? Curious to get an opinion. I might say Hill House.
When IS the facebook group happy? I remember posting about an idea for a nautical themed house only for a man to call me an idiot because they already did that a couple of years back as a scarezone. I was laughing when Depths was announced.
The facebook group is just toxicity multiplied.
I think the lineup looks great! Then again, I've been hoping for a Beetlejuice house since I went opening night of 28

Status
Not open for further replies.