Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve heard conflicting rumors about one. The other one as soon as I heard about it I knew it wouldn’t happen due to reasons, these reasons should be apparent to any HHN fan of the last 3 years.

First thing that comes to my mind is the complaints about the satanist elements of the Rob Zombie zone last year.. so no Sabrina perhaps? Just guessing here

EDIT: also what @SeventyOne said above

Idk why they would bring HOHH and Sabrina in the same year, you'd think they'd wait but it looks like they are trying to go all in this year with both Netflix, even though the map is still spec till it's confirmed, I still think they are trying to put all their eggs in one basket this year and hoping one of em hits one out of the park.

Idk why they would bring HOHH and Sabrina in the same year, you'd think they'd wait but it looks like they are trying to go all in this year with both Netflix, even though the map is still spec till it's confirmed, I still think they are trying to put all their eggs in one basket this year and hoping one of em hits one out of the park.
Hopefully cause they wanna do Witcher next year lmao

The Fallen was 3 years ago -- is that what you're getting at?

Sabrina isn’t even THAT popular a show, to the best of my knowledge.

That said, I think some things are considered more acceptable when done via IP. No one cared when a cat got eaten in ST, but they sure did when a dog got mutilated in DoF!

Regardless, I’d like to see one of the four get subbed with something a little more adult. Heck, I would take the final Purge flick that at least was scheduled for release.

Last edited:
I’m surprised Sabrina’s been speculated. After The Fallen got neutered into just demons I would be surprised if they had a house with heavy Satanic themes. Zombie’s zone didn’t even have pentagrams and that was a big part of his image. I could see it happening but it would probably have to be neutered in some capacity.

As for the other IP, Billie + Bride ain’t going anywhere. Billie makes sense logistically and she’s gonna be a big draw, be it in the house /street/or lagoon. She and Bride are both Universal IPs too, so likely not leaving either. Hill House is under 3 production companies, however 2/3 of them have already worked with Uni. Beetlejuice and Gremlins are weird since they’re WB owned, but they’re also not mega IPs like Conjuring and It are - so there wouldn’t be much of an incentive to hold them back.

Either way I’m gonna wait it out till announcements roll in, but I could easily see Sabrina getting tossed the quickest out of all the IPs.

To all the people who don't care for the IP houses, it should be worth remembering that Universal's really gonna need heavy-hitters in terms of merchandise to make up for their dismal attendance this year. Especially without the cash powerhouse that is Stranger Things.

If Billie wasn’t a house the whole time, I wouldn’t be surprised if this was part of the rationale to give her a house presence for higher marketing presence.

The speculated list of IPs reads as HHN for people who aren't into horror. I'd like to see Bride, Haunting, Gremlins, and Beetlejuice, but none of those scream dream/must have IPs. Eillish and Sabrina are entirely unnecessary outside of marketing, which is going to be diminished this year anyways. Glad to hear not to expect these exactly.

I’m surprised Sabrina’s been speculated. After The Fallen got neutered into just demons I would be surprised if they had a house with heavy Satanic themes. Zombie’s zone didn’t even have pentagrams and that was a big part of his image. I could see it happening but it would probably have to be neutered in some capacity.

As for the other IP, Billie + Bride ain’t going anywhere. Billie makes sense logistically and she’s gonna be a big draw, be it in the house /street/or lagoon. She and Bride are both Universal IPs too, so likely not leaving either. Hill House is under 3 production companies, however 2/3 of them have already worked with Uni. Beetlejuice and Gremlins are weird since they’re WB owned, but they’re also not mega IPs like Conjuring and It are - so there wouldn’t be much of an incentive to hold them back.

Either way I’m gonna wait it out till announcements roll in, but I could easily see Sabrina getting tossed the quickest out of all the IPs.
Beetlejuice, not a mega IP??
Have you even visited a Hot Topic or heard about the highly praised Musical who takes in tons of cash??

I’m not a huge Billie fan but the idea of music houses have always sparked a interest in me for the sole fact of how it’s universals job to get creative with it to make it a house. Right now I’m picturing a asylum with black eye oozing billies and for me that seems way better then any Blumhouse house

if they do a billie house i bet they have to create new music for it, her current songs wouldnt really fit a hhn house

Status
Not open for further replies.