Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

I am hoping they'd try to improve efficiency (continuous load?), though I'm not sure how optimistic about that I am. What really irks me is there's no SR line. There's a lot of empty seats that go by on that thing, and there's a staircase off to the left of the ride that could be possibly used for that.

And while I'm sure it'll be largely screen based, I'd have to imagine there's going to be a few rudimentary animatronics. I seem to recall for an event a while ago, they propped up some musical bears in the barn that were reported from the ride... and I think they even were still able to move! I also think the cartoon art is very cute... those baby coyote thieves look adorable! The plushie souvenirs for this ought to be really cute.

I'm sad to lose Iron Reef for this as I actually enjoyed the ride and the theme. Would've loved for them to bring back Bear-y Tales somewhere else but oh well.

And I'm actually 1 of those people who visited Knotts this year and not Disneyland so.. :ears:

I was really hoping the rumor about Garner Holt working on this would come true. I have pretty low expectations for this. I didn't think Iron Reef was as bad as a lot of people, but it seems like this might end up just being a lateral move that doesn't fix the biggest issues of Iron Reef (screen reliance and capacity).

Knott's really needs to add something that will add capacity to the park. Calico River Rapids was great, but didn't add any capacity. Hangtime is a much better ride than Boomerang, but since Boomerang had longer trains, I wouldn't be surprised if Boomerang actually had better operational capacity.

I do wonder if we are still getting the rumored expansion in the next couple of years, since the park desperately needs it.

Some concept art for Bear-y Tales from CP Food Blog:

200101-Knotts-Berry-Farm-Bear-y-Tales-Concept-Art.jpg

I really hope bear-y-tales has improved capacity, maybe loading two trains at a time like on Toy Story Mania. The wait for Voyage to the Iron Reef was brutal.

I hope, but I have my doubts about Knott's caring for capacity. I haven't been since Scary Farm, but back then Xcelerator had been on one train operations for months while also having multiple broken seats on the one train. Those trains can only hold 16 people max if none of the seats are broken. Knott's is a park with a lot of charm and potential, but the ops cause me to go far less than I otherwise would.

Knott's Berry Farm kicks off this year's 100-year celebration with its annual Peanuts Celebration.

I remember Iron Reef didn't have the outside worked on until really, really late on. Are we expecting a similar Memorial Day opening for Beary Tales?

I asked a few of the ride ops on the last day it ran and they said most likely June, but Memorial Day is still possible.

From the Season Passholder email:
  • 2020 Season Passes and purchased 2020 Season Pass Add-On Products (if applicable) will be valid for the remainder of 2020 when our park is able to reopen.
  • Additionally, 2020 Regular, Gold and Platinum Season Passes (as well as purchased 2020 Season Pass Add-On Products) will remain valid through the 2021 Season, ending December 31, 2021.
  • For 2020 Passholders participating in our Easy Pay Program, we have automatically suspended monthly billing as of today, April 4, 2020, and will continue to do so while the park is closed. When the park reopens, billing will resume. Passholders will need to be current on payments in order to receive both 2020 and 2021 Season Pass admission and associated benefits.
This is huge! They're basically giving us 2021 for FREE, including dining plans!

Very classy move by Knott's. It does imply, however, that they're probably going to be closed for a while longer.

It does make me want to visit another Cedar Fair park next year--maybe a few (I have Platinum, lol).

From the Season Passholder email:
  • 2020 Season Passes and purchased 2020 Season Pass Add-On Products (if applicable) will be valid for the remainder of 2020 when our park is able to reopen.
  • Additionally, 2020 Regular, Gold and Platinum Season Passes (as well as purchased 2020 Season Pass Add-On Products) will remain valid through the 2021 Season, ending December 31, 2021.
  • For 2020 Passholders participating in our Easy Pay Program, we have automatically suspended monthly billing as of today, April 4, 2020, and will continue to do so while the park is closed. When the park reopens, billing will resume. Passholders will need to be current on payments in order to receive both 2020 and 2021 Season Pass admission and associated benefits.
This is huge! They're basically giving us 2021 for FREE, including dining plans!

The big question now is, what about the Scary Farm add ons that they already had on sale exclusively to Passholders? If those are automatically renewed, then my wife and I just saved nearly $1,000 dollars between our add ons and the annual passes we give out as gifts every year.

I know a lot of the Knott's regulars are thrilled by this and some of those on the edges of the California theme park community are already praising this move. It will buy them A LOT of goodwill into next year.

This is important to note as their Summer Nights event last year brought in A LOT of new Passholders and they smartly announced that event would be returning before 2019 ended. This move effectively builds goodwill with the new Passholders from last year who renewed for this year too.

The big question now is, what about the Scary Farm add ons that they already had on sale exclusively to Passholders?

It wasn't included in the original April 4th update, but now there's an asterisk at the very bottom - *Scary Farm Pass Add-On will be valid during 2020 only.