Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Clearest shot we’ve had of them yet! Really only other shot we have of them was during the Music Video they did but this is way more clear! Hey, I’ll take any SNW news right now! Looks good to me although it’d be cool if they could vary the vehicles a little bit but I understand if they don’t. Love it though

I am so desperate for SNW construction pics right now, if only we could send drone cams from thousands of miles away!

I do hope that even while I feel a summer opening here is unlikely, this could give them all the time to work out the kinks for Mario Kart. Including ride system, AAs, and of course the VR. Im sure there aren't any reports on how things are going but I am hoping this gives them the time to have a super smooth opening for this ride.

Omfg, we can say omfg without censor!!!

The not's even a curse that makes sense. Oh well.

I find Super Nintendo World an interesting land. I haven't owned but one console and that was a Super Nintendo that I had for about a year. To really show how out of date I am on these, my favorite console system was actually the Sega Genesis. Still, I think that these lands and the IP involved are perfectly meshed. I think that it might be easier to tie in to a video game than, say, Star Wars. Plus, the rides look like a ton of fun.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
The not's even a curse that makes sense. Oh well.

I find Super Nintendo World an interesting land. I haven't owned but one console and that was a Super Nintendo that I had for about a year. To really show how out of date I am on these, my favorite console system was actually the Sega Genesis. Still, I think that these lands and the IP involved are perfectly meshed. I think that it might be easier to tie in to a video game than, say, Star Wars. Plus, the rides look like a ton of fun.
and...you think you're out of date. My last video game, I had to tape a screen on my TV set, and it played ping pong. Now that's what I call truly out of date. :lol:

and...you think you're out of date. My last video game, I had to tape a screen on my TV set, and it played ping pong. Now that's what I call truly out of date. :lol:
Was it the Magnavox Odyssey? It was the very first home video game console. I had one. The one below has the Tennis screen taped on the TV.

toys-odyssee-very-first-video-game-in-original-packing-german-edition-GD4RNY.jpg

Reactions: Mad Dog
Question and this may have been discussed already. Screamscape stated that Mario Kart will utilize similar technology as MIB: Alien Attack. They said that it was confirmed but I have learned not to trust "confirmed". Has anyone heard otherwise and/or am I simply late to this game? I was really looking forward to the Dynamic Attractions ride type although I had no real working knowledge of what it would have been like. @Alica know anything differently? Disneyhead? Bueller?

Reactions: Tristan
Question and this may have been discussed already. Screamscape stated that Mario Kart will utilize similar technology as MIB: Alien Attack. They said that it was confirmed but I have learned not to trust "confirmed". Has anyone heard otherwise and/or am I simply late to this game? I was really looking forward to the Dynamic Attractions ride type although I had no real working knowledge of what it would have been like. @Alica know anything differently? Disneyhead? Bueller?

Similarly based, yes. It's a tracked dark ride with a spinning base.

Reactions: SkiBum and Alicia
A little Blurry but I'll take any new construction pics right now... you can see how the entrance courtyard is taking shape for SNW and there is has definitely been some progression on the whole land:
Courtyard.jpg
EWMJVeJUMAMVDRu.jpg
Credit to @rinion7 and @kazupy_usj on twitter for the pics from a TV broadcast

Looks like Universal is not giving up on using AR on Mario Kart. A patent published this month specifically describes how the AR/VR elements of a ride system could be updated and upgraded without "significant attraction downtime".

...It is also now recognized that it may be desirable to provide attraction features that readily allow upgrades, maintenance, or replacement of key components in a manner that does not create significant attraction downtime. Indeed, as one example, theme park attractions using ride vehicles have historically had long lead times associated with technical refresh upgrades. Thus, cutting edge technology (e.g., augmented or virtual reality) within these attractions can easily be outpaced by what is available in home consumer products.

Seems to me like they're building in a way to update the AR programming and technology without having to close the attraction. So, it might open with a somewhat crude version, but get better over the years. Kind of like being able to have upgraded Spider-Man to 4K without even closing it.

But, that's just my interpretation. No way of knowing exactly what this patent is for, if anything.

Full patent here, (although it was just posted publicly today so is still missing images and some data): WO2020068977A1 - Modular augmented and virtual reality ride attraction - Google Patents