Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

"Old School" Universal Orlando

I loved The Mat Hoffman Crazy Freakin Stunt Show. I saw that show so many times during Spring Breaks, Summer and Xmas. I'd watch it 4-5 days a week and 2-5 shows a day. The the only shows on Universal's property I've seen more times over the years are BJGR and WWWWSS.

I'd love to see it come back, and have my fingers crossed it might since IOA needs more things to do with Potter so close. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but I'm 90+% sure I saw Mat Hoffman a couple weeks ago at USF walking around with a friend. In my twisted mind I was saying please let him be here to sign a contract to bring his show back. :lol:

I loved The Mat Hoffman Crazy Freakin Stunt Show. I saw that show so many times during Spring Breaks, Summer and Xmas. I'd watch it 4-5 days a week and 2-5 shows a day. The the only shows on Universal's property I've seen more times over the years are BJGR and WWWWSS.

I'd love to see it come back, and have my fingers crossed it might since IOA needs more things to do with Potter so close. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but I'm 90+% sure I saw Mat Hoffman a couple weeks ago at USF walking around with a friend. In my twisted mind I was saying please let him be here to sign a contract to bring his show back. :lol:

I'd agree to this happening seeing as though all the theater does is sit vacant.

I never saw the show so I can't comment on it as a show. BUT the concept alone makes Universal feel so much more like Six Flags and that would be even more so of an issue now with Tony Hawk having Six Flags contracts. I'd rather have that as a midway until something fitting for the theme of Islands of Adventure.

I think a lack of shows has really hurt Universal. People enjoy shows to stop and sit and relax and sadly Universal and IOA have hardly any. Sad that big Theater at IOA just going to waste, it is sad.

they should look into expanding Marvel and creating an x-men or avengers show of some sort. And if that isn't possible because of the disney thing, maybe expand Toon Lagoon. either way, it's kinda weird walking through that no-mans land in between the 2

You would of think they could of at least tried to expand on something for the Christmas crowds and use the theater for something on that side of the park holiday related like "Christmas Time(time scratched out) Toons!

Classic Toon themed christmas show.

they should look into expanding Marvel and creating an x-men or avengers show of some sort. And if that isn't possible because of the disney thing, maybe expand Toon Lagoon. either way, it's kinda weird walking through that no-mans land in between the 2

Prior to Disney's acquisition of Marvel, I had always thought they could demolish the theater, Spider-Man's extended queue, and the midway games in order to build an expansion to Marvel Superhero Island. It'd follow the theme present in the original half- a city of superheroes- but it'd include a unique flying roller coaster, themed after Iron Man. It could've "flown" over the pathways, around buildings, and even into a Manta-style splash-down into the lagoon. However, with Disney now owning Marvel... :shrug:

Hard_Rock_Cafe_Old_Ad_Front.jpg
Hard_Rock_Cafe_Old_Ad_Back.jpg

I went through hell and back to get these.(Yes these are mine.)

Omg! I think I have that in my attic somewhere, I miss the old Hard Rock, (as OU would tell you since whenever I go there, I can't find it, lol) and the old parking lot is now water. How things change.

Here's a dump of old stuff.

Shrek_4D_New_Map_Cover.jpg

^Obtained at passholder preview.

RIP_Wild_Wild_West.jpg

^The B.F.F. Before Fear Factor. :look:

Mummy_coming_soon_Earthquake.jpg

^Omega old. :lol:

Express_Pass_Old.jpg

^Oh how I miss the simple days.

BTTF_Ride_Description.jpg

:'(

Animal_Planet_Description_Old.jpg

^:shrug:

More to come later!

Looking at these photos makes me wish I was able to experience Universal in its early days. The design and layout of the Bates Motel was fantastic, I think where it was situated really gave it a suspenseful feel.

During my first two visits to Universal I got to see Nickelodeon Studios and hoped to catch a taping of Slime Time Live, unfortunately they weren't taping on the days I went.

I wish I had gone to this park when Nick was open! I'm not exactly sure of this but was Guts ever recorded here? If so, I would've signed up to be on that show in a heartbeat! It looked like so much fun!

I wish I had gone to this park when Nick was open! I'm not exactly sure of this but was Guts ever recorded here? If so, I would've signed up to be on that show in a heartbeat! It looked like so much fun!

Yes, GUTS was filmed there.

Yes, GUTS was filmed there.

To add to the multifarious list: Double Dare 2000 and Slime Time LIVE(right out said said "Nicktoons" Studios). I tried to participate in the Nickelodeon Studios Sliming. I knew all the RugRats characters, Angry Beavers was the superior kids show to me, and etc., but Alas, they never picked me, not one time. I could've sworn they were biased.

Last edited:
I remember taking the tour of Nick Studios and Gullah Gullah Island had just finished taping and then another time Clarrissa Explains it All had just finished. It was cool seeing the sets for the shows and how they really look compared to what we see on TV.

I had taken the tour around that time on one of my trips as well.

I remember they had tv monitors hanging as we gathered in that room and they played the Clarissa Explains It All Theme as we looked down onto the set.

From my memory on various trips I remember looking down on

Gullah Gullah Island

Clarissa Explains it All

Kenan and Kell

Wienerville (where I saw Mark Wiener rehearsing

I also remember getting to walk around a bit in the Guts area where they had a little exhibit as you walked into the next part of the tour and there was a model of the SUPER AGROCRAG